HT cOz

Re: Vigore
« Reply #60 on: 30 Nov 2018, 03:16 pm »
Wow they look great.

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #61 on: 30 Nov 2018, 06:30 pm »
Yeah, they make our Ikea vinyl wrapped TV stand seem hopelessly outclassed.  :lol:

NaDs

« Reply #62 on: 26 Feb 2019, 03:00 am »
Hey people with the Vigores. I'm strongly considering getting these but I wanted some feedback from people who actually own a pair. I'm really sensitive to the upper mid and treble regions and I listen to plenty of old badly mastered rock, the beatles, janis joplin etc come to mind. Every neutral speaker I have tried tends to have a little too much emphasis in the 2-4 khz range. I have come to the realization I need something more forgiving and relaxed through the mids. On the Selah website the on axis is neutral, but the off axis has a smooth declining frequency response from 5khz, leading me to think its room friendly and easy on the ears? The off axis stays flat through the upper mids though, so I'm kind of worried that the reflected sounds are going still have too much upper mid energy?

thanks for reading!

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #63 on: 3 Mar 2021, 05:12 pm »
Things have been mighty quiet here in Selah land so time to show a little appreciation.

I have the Vigore's in a vacation home and haven't had much time with them, but we retired in January. So I've now had three straight weeks with the Vigore's and my PS Audio Sprout 100. The house is off grid so a whole stack of electronics is not really an option. Turns out the Sprout 100 and the Vigore's seem to get along quite well. I put together a Raspberry Pi with a Digital Hat running Squeezelite as an endpoint for ROON with the Optical output going to the Sprout. Unfortunately the WiFi doesn't support High quality or master streaming from Tidal, but I do have a fair amount of music on a USB drive connected to a NUC running ROCK for high quality listening. TV connected via Analog out due to limited inputs on the Sprout.

The sound quality of this system is really nice. Quite detailed without being hyper etched. Sat down to CSN yesterday and the vocals sound very natural. Treble is smooth, detailed and grain free. Listening to Dave Grusin Discovered Again recorded from my LP, the tambourine shakes sound like someone standing right there. But overall, the most striking aspect of these speakers is that all that detail is also present in the bass. Bass has texture and definition. Kick drum distinguished from electric bass, and a weight to piano's and vocals that I don't get from my Martin Logan Vista's. The soundstage isn't as expansive as you might expect, but I'm not really listening for the soundstage when I listen here.

With movies the bass is sufficient. Yes, not the ultimate in depth, but the texture is great. Watching the Fast and Furious Movies, the end title songs really do have bass that you can feel but isn't bloated.

Great all around speakers for classic rock, fusion jazz and classical. I look forward to every chance I get to just sit on the couch and listen.

Chuck (somewhere near Animas New Mexico)

jeromeq

« Reply #64 on: 18 Dec 2021, 05:57 pm »
I believe I now own the speakers in the OP, if I understand the provenance correctly. The speakers were supposed to anchor a series of upgrades but as the infant became a curious toddler, the only additions I've added are the speaker grills and a baby gate. Nonetheless, these speakers were a serious upgrade over the Monitor Audio Radius towers I had purchased because they were easy to pack from move to move.

Love how these speakers can handle most everything thrown at them. From classical, hip hop, r&b, rock, tejano (toddler loves bopping to Selena's rhythmic beats), dance or Kpop, it really doesn't matter. I can play them loud without them being fatiguing to my ears. They play low and tight, though they do miss some of the really low low's as already mentioned but it's not every day I'm in a trap hop kind of mood. Additionally, I now understand the value of a midrange driver.

I thought about building some additional speakers over the MN winter (been bitten by the quest for the perfect speaker and have time/patience to burn), and looked for Selah's DIY kits to build. Unfortunately, Selah's page is now down and after searching, learned of the owner's passing so I thought to throw my appreciation as his creation/speaker's fill our living room most evenings after picking up the toddler from daycare.

If there's a page or if someone has archived his designs, could someone point me to it? I still wouldn't mind building one of his other designs that I see on their FB page or were on Selah's page. Would hate for his loss to extend also to the greater DIY community's knowledge base unless there's some IP involved.