Linn Products-Records Div.Lossless CD/Studio Quality Downloads

alphinmike

Linn have pasted up some of their music library on the internet http://www.linnrecords.com/ They say that both CD quality and studio quality (what ever that means) is available. An explanation plus some free test samples seem to be available from Linn. See Linn site for more details.

togil

Unfortunately they don't say exactly what equipment is necessary to listen to the Studio Quality tracks.

I assume you need a soundcard with digital output into a high-quality DAC or does anyone know of a suitable soundcard with a high-quality analogue output ? Your run-of-the-mill Soundblaster will certainly not do.

alphinmike

Hi Togil - If you check on the Linn site there is much info pasted up with regard to the technical bit! Personally this style of obtaining music software is in the future for me but many people on the circle use Squeezeboxes and computers in their Hi-Fi systems and this info may be useful to them! Anyone with serious technical questions could even ask Linn themselves and I'm sure they would get an intelligent reply!

togil

There is a little bit more information now.

I think what's needed is something like the Slim Devices Transporter so that the music can be played from DVD ( it doesn't fit onto CD ) via Ethernet.