Anyone have any input on the Poiema!! Digital Master cable?

byteme

I'd like to potentially take advantage of the price reduction and give the Digital Master a shot.  Anyone have any experience with this cable?

Transport is Turbomodded 7700 w/ jensen cap and Nixon tubedac.

I've used:

aural thrills active
Empirical bitmeister
HDXV
D-60
Virtual Dynamics
others

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 2 Oct 2004, 03:39 pm »
I tried the Poiema! (not !!) and it was very good(to great) in my system.  Certainly worthy of a demo.

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2004, 04:00 am »
Hi Byteme.

If it's good info for you, your purchase comes with a 30 day return policy. If this cable doesn't work for you...send your system to us within 30 days and keep the I/C for free! Na...we'll refund your purchase price. If this instills further confidence in us I think it's good to point out that of our YTD sales figures, we've had 2.1% percent returns. That's out of about 187 projects (not individual cables). We're very proud of that and I don't mind shamelessly bragging a bit. That's way beyond my expectations!

While I don't have personal experience with your Sony I can tell you that the Poiema!! Digital Master should allow you to appreciate the virtues you enjoy about the Sony. I didn't design the cable to perform as a tuning device. On the other hand, if you're looking to tune your system a bit, the Poeima!! cable may be kind of a crap shoot. Either way, I think it's hard to loose giving it an audition.

Other difgital cables the Master has replaced in other systems include some of the ones you mention. Give the Master a try. I'm betting you'll be glad you did.

audiojerry

« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2004, 05:09 am »
I've never heard anything better than the Poiema, and I'm not the least bit interested in other cables anymore.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2004, 03:57 pm »
byteme,
    What IC's and SC's are you using now ??  :dance:  [/list:u]

byteme

« Reply #5 on: 3 Oct 2004, 04:22 pm »
For IC's and SC's I'm using Gronegberg TS Premium.  

Jerry, does that include the digital cable??

Robert, how does the Poimea!! compare to the MSE II digital?

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct 2004, 01:29 am »
Hi Byteme

The Poiema!!'s presentation has a bit more ease to it and has more "inner silence". Over all, more "analog" sounding but it doesn't do so by shelving down the highs a tad as some digital cables do to come closer to good analog.

eico1

« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2004, 01:41 am »
Robert, other than a digital cable adding distortion components such as "sidebands" from jitter induced effects, can a digital cable really "shelve the highs"?

steve

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2004, 03:02 am »
Hi Eico.

Do you think a digital cable can't? :o

lonewolfny42

« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2004, 03:24 am »
Robert,
    I'm still trying to comprehend this "inner silence" thing....is that like "inner peace"..... :? [/list:u]

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #10 on: 4 Oct 2004, 04:57 am »
...Bad egg nog. It's like when egg nog curdles to cottage cheese but looks like small scrambled eggs. That's a good analogy....for something.

Inner silence as I see (hear) it is a lack of noise behind the music or notes. The blackness to the silence between notes, breaks or passages. That kind of noise is the type you don't recognize as being there until you hear it not there. A triangle strike in an orchestra can be very instructive here. When there's the lack of noise behind that strike, it just eminates from it's place in space and decays with ease. When noise accompanies the strike, it still sounds like a triangle but it just sounds caged and lacking energy or inner dynamic if you will. The blat of a trombone in a reverbant venue is another good example of this howbeit the frequency band is broader and the energy level different.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2004, 05:19 am »
Quote from: Robert C. Schult
...Bad egg nog. It's like when egg nog curdles to cottage cheese but looks like small scrambled eggs. That's a good analogy....for something.

Inner silence as I see (hear) it is a lack of noise behind the music or notes. The blackness to the silence between notes, breaks or passages. That kind of noise is the type you don't recognize as being there until you hear it not there. A triangle strike in an orchestra can be very instructive here. When there's the lack of noise behind that strike, it just eminat ...
Thank you Robert !!
    So "inner silence" means...its quiet. I see. Very interesting. :o [/list:u]
      So the Poiema!! is much more quieter than the Midnight Silver....is that right !! 8) [/list:u]
        Bad egg nog.....I'd stay away for that....I'd try a nice Black Russian instead, maybe even a White Russian....YMMV....Thanks !!!! :dance: [/list:u]

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #12 on: 4 Oct 2004, 05:32 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
So the Poiema!! is much more quieter than the Midnight Silver....is that right !! 8)

Yea...the MSE Gen.II is really very noisy...it just flat out sucks. Not really. You have the MSE digital. The MSE Gen.II is a very nice cable and I wouldn't say the Poiema!! is "much" more quieter but the difference is enough and part of why I felt this cable deserved the Poiema!! designation.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #13 on: 4 Oct 2004, 05:35 am »
Thanks Robert !! :thumb:

eico1

« Reply #14 on: 4 Oct 2004, 02:07 pm »
Quote from: Robert C. Schult
Hi Eico.

Do you think a digital cable can't? :o

I just don't know what mechanism is involved to cause this effect with a cable.

steve

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #15 on: 5 Oct 2004, 03:12 pm »
Hi Eico.

Quite a few things can cause an I/C to be or be percieved as rolled off. Losses due to the dielectric, impedance mismatching, skin effect of the wire, innappropriate conductor material.These are some.

eico1

« Reply #16 on: 6 Oct 2004, 12:44 am »
okee-doke, thanks Robert.

steve