1 Hour Photo App for your iPhone.

SET Man

1 Hour Photo App for your iPhone.
« on: 13 Jun 2014, 02:30 am »
Hey!

Yes! You have to wait an hour to see your photos with this app!  :lol:

http://petapixel.com/2014/06/12/fun-1-hour-photo-app-makes-wait-iphone-snaps-develop/

I know some of people alive today never have to wait to see their photos and some have never handled or touched photographic film at all. The idea of waiting an hour to see photos must seems like an eternity to them.

Even with a Polaroid back than you still have to wait a minute or so.  :lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

sebrof

Re: 1 Hour Photo App for your iPhone.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2014, 02:17 pm »
Now that is funny. And the justification for it...well, I guess it makes sense on some level:
"By the time you see your photos, the moments they’ve captured have already become memories, which changes how you feel about them forever.
Nobody gets distracted in the moment by reviewing photos as they’re being taken – your special moments remain all about the moments themselves."

I worked in a 1-hour photo shop back in the day when I was in college. People would drop the rolls off and come back in 60 minutes exactly, and if the pics were late by even a few minutes they'd complain.
It was 1 hour in a shop like I worked in or a week if you sent them off to somewhere in New England IIRC.

And how many times did you find a stray roll in a drawer somewhere and send it off to be developed, wondering what was on it? I remember doing that a few times.

SET Man

Re: 1 Hour Photo App for your iPhone.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2014, 04:35 pm »
Now that is funny. And the justification for it...well, I guess it makes sense on some level:
"By the time you see your photos, the moments they’ve captured have already become memories, which changes how you feel about them forever.
Nobody gets distracted in the moment by reviewing photos as they’re being taken – your special moments remain all about the moments themselves."

I worked in a 1-hour photo shop back in the day when I was in college. People would drop the rolls off and come back in 60 minutes exactly, and if the pics were late by even a few minutes they'd complain.
It was 1 hour in a shop like I worked in or a week if you sent them off to somewhere in New England IIRC.

And how many times did you find a stray roll in a drawer somewhere and send it off to be developed, wondering what was on it? I remember doing that a few times.

Hey!

I remembered those days. I usually go back to pick up my photos in 65-70mins. My current 2 trusty pro labs I'm using right now actually have 24hr turn around time.  :icon_lol:

Yeah, that is a valid point they've made. Back than you take a shot or two and than go back to enjoying the moment, now a day most people would gather around looking at screen while the moment passing by around them.

But I have to say that digital is good for most people. Well, I've heard stories from friends and people about not loading film correctly or forgot to take off lens cap and came back from trips with blank film!  :lol:

Anyway, I still shoot with films, especially B&W from time to time but I don't make print much, I would scan them instead.

Take care,
Buddy :thumb: