Isolation of EACH outlet our equipment is plugged into?

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
...anything and haven't noticed changes in SQ, but all of them are quite busy zapping noise.. The new Sonic Craft powercords arrive tomorrow and I'll sort what exactly I want to do and then do it.. Might have to buy more NHs, maybe not.. My goal is to have a Noise Harvester acting on every outlet or p-cord feeding equipment with ANY digital circuitry, plus a few more.

Sold and delivered the Rythmik 15" front-channels subwoofers*; they're not necessary with the active, servo-controled bass of the Serenity Super-7s.. The temporary p-cords are still in service.

After the new p-cords are installed, I'll remeasure/realign the room, couch, and speakers and THEN do some comparative listening.  Ought to be fun...NOT; I HATE working that hard.   :cry:

* Still have the pair of Rythmik 18"ers at the rear wall driven by the .1 channel.

« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2019, 08:20 am by jeffreybehr »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Isolation of EACH outlet our equipment is plugged into?
« Reply #22 on: 15 Mar 2019, 09:19 am »
Nice OTLs :thumb:

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
« Reply #23 on: 15 Mar 2019, 03:37 pm »
Nice OTLs :thumb:

TYVM.  This pair I bought new maybe three years ago; they're the current 3.3 versions.. I've improved them a bit, mostly with excellent capacitors.
https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/otl/messages/3/37963.html

Mike B.

« Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2019, 03:57 pm »
What happened to the quads? I have made my own power strips. I use a combination of Bybee filters, caps and resistors and crystals. I have several outlets dedicated to analog equipment. There are also several outlets isolated from the analog that are for digital. The individual outlets are not individually isolated.

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 15 Mar 2019, 11:41 pm »
What happened to the quads?

I have made my own power strips. I use a combination of Bybee filters, caps and resistors and crystals. I have several outlets dedicated to analog equipment. There are also several outlets isolated from the analog that are for digital. The individual outlets are not individually isolated.

The Quads have been shamed by the Super-7s and are for sale.. Yes, the S7s are better.
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2019, 07:57 pm by jeffreybehr »

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
« Reply #26 on: 19 Mar 2019, 06:18 pm »

Cables are in and I have seven Noise Harvesters distributed about in my quest to keep self-generated EMI (hereafter SG-EMI) from contaminating the other equipment.. PS Audio tells me I bought the very last of their NHs, and they won't have more until June(!).. I've made an offer on a half-dozen used ones.

March 21: ...and they are apparently on their way to me.

Also, and FWIW, I reinherited a Tripp-Lite ISOLATOR IS500 Isolation Transformer, three of which I owned years ago.  I had replaced this one's 15-cent duplex outlets with entry-level Furutechs and the hard-wired powercord with a short length of DH Labs 12g. Power+ cable.. It's now feeding the Super-7s bassamps.

Heavens--they still make and sell these...
https://www.tripplite.com/isolator-series-120v-500w-isolation-transformer-based-power-conditioner-4-outlets~IS500
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2019, 11:03 pm by jeffreybehr »