Checking in...

Scott F.

Checking in...
« on: 16 Apr 2020, 10:49 pm »
Hey all,

Just checking to see how everyone's doing. With all of us sheltering in place, I've been spending a ton of time with my system while working from home. I've got to say, I've really come to appreciate the Mac n B&W pairing. It's not the last word in detail but, to quote Mike D., it's like an 'audio hot tub', warm and comfy.

I've got some Jutta Hipp spinning on the Micro Seiki right now. Big, fat and round...just lovely!

Hope everyone is doing well  :thumb:

vintage9594

Re: Checking in...
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2020, 12:46 am »
Hey Scott!  Systems looking fantastic and glad to hear your safe and sound.  I have a few more years of tube gear then I am probably going the same direction your at now.   Stay safe and keep posting as I always enjoy seeing where your at in your audio world.

Don

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2020, 01:21 am »
Hey Scott,

I've been measuring the Maggie LRS and they hold up pretty well to 80 hz, then a bit less at 60 hz, and then.......they fall off the cliff.  That should make them a great match for some subs. Maybe the Altecs? or a swarm of Advents?  Lisa and I are getting pretty used to this lifestyle except trying to teach trumpet or horn lessons on a computer is pretty worthless.  Love seeing the kids, but the sound is awful and the interaction is sorely lacking.  Everybody stay safe and hope to have a lot of listening sessions once this is over.

Mark

Scott F.

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2020, 11:59 am »
Hey Scott!  Systems looking fantastic and glad to hear your safe and sound.  I have a few more years of tube gear then I am probably going the same direction your at now.   Stay safe and keep posting as I always enjoy seeing where your at in your audio world.

Don

Hiya Don,

Hope Indy is treating you well.

Yep, the system is pretty much the 'easy button'. The occasional swap of the preamp tubes is about all I do. I really like the little Micro Seiki. Just flip the switch and it's up and locked into speed. I've got Catastrophe's (Bob) old Dynavector Karat mounted on it. That feeds sarmic's (Ron's) old modded EAR 834P. It sounds pretty darned good for an inexpensive setup.

Absolutely still in love with the Masser. Can't wait for it to warm up a bit more so we can drop the top and do some cruising. I try to get her out once or twice a week to give her some exercise. She's due for another oil change. I'll get her up on the rack next weekend. I could stand to do a transmission and rear diff flush too.

Hey, when you make it back in town, give me a jingle. We can hang and catch up!   

Scott F.

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2020, 12:04 pm »
Hey Scott,

I've been measuring the Maggie LRS and they hold up pretty well to 80 hz, then a bit less at 60 hz, and then.......they fall off the cliff.  That should make them a great match for some subs. Maybe the Altecs? or a swarm of Advents?  Lisa and I are getting pretty used to this lifestyle except trying to teach trumpet or horn lessons on a computer is pretty worthless.  Love seeing the kids, but the sound is awful and the interaction is sorely lacking.  Everybody stay safe and hope to have a lot of listening sessions once this is over.

Mark

...a swarm of Advents...I love the idea!

Online music teaching, Jeanine said the exact same thing except, think about doing it with a bunch of sixth graders that have the attention span of a mosquito. I couldn't do it  :duh:

sturgus

« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2020, 08:32 pm »
Good to see you fellas are doing alright. I think when all this has died down we should have a BBQ in one of the parks. Maybe a pair of VOT and a tube amp for some tunes. Scott the system is looking fine. Mark, I would love to hear the LRS's with a swarm of subs. As for me I have just been hanging out playing a bit of vinyl and smoking stogies. I will say that as soon as the Covid Posse stops looking for us the gang can meet up where the 2 towers and 4 subs flow into one. :lol: Glad to know you guys are fine. Maybe a few more will check in

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2020, 09:02 pm »
Hey, Scott!

Good to see you poke your head up again!   :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2020, 03:29 pm »
Hey fellas. An "essential" here.....  :roll:  :duh:
Wifey and my daily routines haven't changed at all. The job is chaos, as I deal with the public. But other than that, I'm happy to have a paycheck, and I'm enjoying the lack of traffic.
The idea of a BBQ in a park sounds great. I'll bring the smoker, and cook up a batch of "Atomic Buffalo Turds".   8)
(Google it, if you're unaware).

Scott, I like your room. I too, enjoy the PC desk in the same room as the system.  :thumb:  :rock:

Scott F.

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2020, 11:32 pm »
Hey, Scott!

Good to see you poke your head up again!   :thumb:

:peek: :eyebrows:

Scott F.

« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2020, 11:40 pm »
Hey fellas. An "essential" here.....  :roll:  :duh:
Wifey and my daily routines haven't changed at all. The job is chaos, as I deal with the public. But other than that, I'm happy to have a paycheck, and I'm enjoying the lack of traffic.
The idea of a BBQ in a park sounds great. I'll bring the smoker, and cook up a batch of "Atomic Buffalo Turds".   8)
(Google it, if you're unaware).

Scott, I like your room. I too, enjoy the PC desk in the same room as the system.  :thumb:  :rock:

We'll have to try the ATBs, they look yummie  :thumb:

Sarmck

« Reply #10 on: 20 Apr 2020, 10:30 pm »
What up good people?

Glad to hear/see you are all making it through this shelter in place experience. Checking in from WAY south STL (DWF area). Everyone is doing alright here. I’m still going to work as another essential, so far. Wife and daughter working from home. I was informed that it was OK for me to turn my system on, if I wanted to, when home during the day. THANK YOU DEAR.

If anyone wants to hear a good portion of Scott F.’s previous system, you are more than welcomed to stop by if you’re in the neighborhood...lol. The whole system has that “tube glow” except the turntable and speakers.

Stay safe, stay socially spaced, and for you cigar and BBQ folk....STAY SMOKEY!!!

Ron

Scott F.

« Reply #11 on: 25 Apr 2020, 01:53 pm »
Good to see you fellas are doing alright. I think when all this has died down we should have a BBQ in one of the parks. Maybe a pair of VOT and a tube amp for some tunes. Scott the system is looking fine. Mark, I would love to hear the LRS's with a swarm of subs. As for me I have just been hanging out playing a bit of vinyl and smoking stogies. I will say that as soon as the Covid Posse stops looking for us the gang can meet up where the 2 towers and 4 subs flow into one. :lol: Glad to know you guys are fine. Maybe a few more will check in

Hey Sturg!

I agree on the BBQ. Tell you what, let's plan on a Christmas in September this year. Granted, I don't have all the goodies set up from years gone by but we've got a ton of room (now) and plenty of different vintage systems to listen to. Plus, I've got music piped outside to all the patio and porch areas.

Scott F.

« Reply #12 on: 25 Apr 2020, 01:58 pm »
What up good people?

Glad to hear/see you are all making it through this shelter in place experience. Checking in from WAY south STL (DWF area). Everyone is doing alright here. I’m still going to work as another essential, so far. Wife and daughter working from home. I was informed that it was OK for me to turn my system on, if I wanted to, when home during the day. THANK YOU DEAR.

If anyone wants to hear a good portion of Scott F.’s previous system, you are more than welcomed to stop by if you’re in the neighborhood...lol. The whole system has that “tube glow” except the turntable and speakers.

Stay safe, stay socially spaced, and for you cigar and BBQ folk....STAY SMOKEY!!!

Ron

Wassabe Ronaldo!

Good to hear all is well in the great south. One of these days, I need to make it down to hear my system  8) I miss it  :oops:

Hey, maybe you can make it up in September. If so, we'll try and schedule the event around your visit  :thumb:

Rocket

« Reply #13 on: 26 Apr 2020, 04:56 am »
Hi Scott,

Greetings from Perth, Western Australia.  Sorry to post in the Gateway Audio forum.  Whilst my office system is fairly simple it sounds great using Bluenote Piccolo turntable, bluenote de medici phono stage, Redwine Audio preamplifier and sennheiser hd650's. 

Hope you guys are all safe. 

Cheers Rod

Scott F.

« Reply #14 on: 26 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm »
Hi Rod,

That's a cool little system  :thumb: Bet is sounds great.

Not sure I could do cans. My wife tends to sneak up on me (not purposely) and scares the crap out of me while I'm focused on what I'm doing. Cans would give me zero chance to hear her before she causes my heart to stop.  :duh:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #15 on: 26 Apr 2020, 02:43 pm »
Hi Rod,

That's a cool little system  :thumb: Bet is sounds great.

Not sure I could do cans. My wife tends to sneak up on me (not purposely) and scares the crap out of me while I'm focused on what I'm doing. Cans would give me zero chance to hear her before she causes my heart to stop.  :duh:

Ask Laura if she can post a video of that...  And post it in the Humo(u)r page.

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
« Reply #16 on: 29 Apr 2020, 12:05 am »
Hey Mark:
How do you like the LRS vs. the Innersounds--details please. Thanks.
BPT

drummerwill

« Reply #17 on: 30 Apr 2020, 03:17 am »

Hi ya Scott, I still hang around here too 

Willie

Sarmck

« Reply #18 on: 30 Apr 2020, 04:28 am »
Wassabe Ronaldo!

Good to hear all is well in the great south. One of these days, I need to make it down to hear my system  8) I miss it  :oops:

Hey, maybe you can make it up in September. If so, we'll try and schedule the event around your visit  :thumb:

Hey Scott,

You are welcomed to visit your system at any time. Asking you to complete the system with the Opera TT and stand might be a little much, but hey, if you're up to it, why not make yourself feel completely at home...lol. Just be forewarned that it will be a "nearfield" experience. Running the PM2As with an Antique Sound Labs Tulip with a pair of RCA 45 globes and other NOS tubes that probably cost more than the amp itself and I'm in hifi heaven.

An event in September would be nice, however my vacations up north are already planned for trips in August and November, as of now. My job just recently initiated a "COVID" schedule with 5 days of work and 10 days on-call. Who knows what may happen in the future though. I will definitely stay in touch.

Ron

Mr Peabody

« Reply #19 on: 3 May 2020, 03:00 am »
Hi all, I have been home, listening to a lot of music, I have a couple kids doing the electronic school thing, way too much social media consumption, and realizing I may need to find something else more productive to do once I retire, LOL