Dave's Cables Interconnect Cable Tour (New Tour With Speaker Cables: Page 10)

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Dave's Cables Interconnect Cable Tour
« Reply #120 on: 1 Nov 2013, 04:59 pm »
That would be a great name for a cable. "Sugar" - Once you have it you will always want it.  Could also be used in Vegas though.

Lol, thanks for the comments. How about "Heroin" ...you really CAN'T stop listening?  :icon_twisted:

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #121 on: 10 Nov 2013, 04:54 pm »
OK, on tour 1 dflee is ready to ship them out, jonbee is next, pm sent to you guys.

On tour 2, pfarthing is checking out the cables this weekend and JerryM is up next after him, JerryM, you have a pm as well.

« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2013, 09:32 pm by DaveC113 »

pfarthing

« Reply #122 on: 11 Nov 2013, 05:56 pm »
Hi guys. Just checking in. Got the cables last week but wasn't able to get to listening this weekend, unfortunately. I will tonight, though! Can I have the name and address for the next member sent to me? Thanks.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #123 on: 12 Nov 2013, 03:45 pm »
OK, sounds good. Looks like mikeeastman is after you, pm sent.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #124 on: 12 Nov 2013, 04:57 pm »
Dave the DD is a special IC period. No matter which position it is used in my system an improvement was had. Using the D2 from Plinius CDP [ rich character ] and the DD from preamp to mono blocks. Silver IC used previously were consistently thin in character. Not bright however no meat on the bone to speak of. The DD has weight and gestalt a rare combo for silver.
    I am curious about using a silver RCA in lieu of copper.  Duelund uses what for their ultra expensive for IC. Would like to have an all silver IC. Oh my !

charles

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #125 on: 12 Nov 2013, 06:49 pm »
Thanks for the comments rollo, I'm happy the DD is working out for you  :thumb:

Just to reiterate though... I don't expect the DD to work for everyone and the D2 is well worth trying too. Systems and personal preferences are too different to have one cable that everyone will like.

As for an all silver IC, the ground wires don't make as much of a difference as the signal but it does have an effect (as does pretty much everything) which is why I use UPOCC copper instead of much more expensive silver for the grounds. I do have an upgrade to UPOCC silver grounds and I can also make all-Duelund silver cable, either side-by-side which is what Duelund does for their own cable, or a 3 wire braid. It'll cost a lot more money though. For RCA plugs the only all silver plug I'd consider is the WBT at $408 for a set of 4.

So an all silver IC using a Duelund 3 strand braid and WBT silver RCAs would have to go for about $1k, that's getting up there and I'm not sure it would actually be a better cable than the current DD you have.

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #126 on: 12 Nov 2013, 08:07 pm »
Hey pfarthing,

I have send my address to you. I am ready to try these ! Since you live in Seattle(?) they will be shipped across the country to Alabama. I'm looking forward to detailed listening session, hope they provide the sound I'm looking for.

dflee

« Reply #127 on: 13 Nov 2013, 02:17 am »
I will be posting my comments in the Critics Circle. I believe they deserve notice to more people than just the tour group.

Don

jonbee

« Reply #128 on: 15 Nov 2013, 05:58 pm »
I am posting my comments to the same thread as dflee in the Critics Circle.
In a nutshell- IMO Dave's ICs are a must hear anywhere in the vicinity of their price, against all comers. In particular, the DD really made me sit up and take notice.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #129 on: 15 Nov 2013, 06:03 pm »
Thanks jonbee. I appreciate taking the time to post up your impressions and I have to say the reviews have exceeded my expectations... I am very happy about that.  :D

Here's a link to dflee's thread in the critic's circle:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121240.0

@Vulcan00, the geographic region grouping has broken down near the end of the tour as new folks ask to be included since I added them in the order they messaged me.

jonbee

« Reply #130 on: 15 Nov 2013, 11:50 pm »
I am posting my comments to the same thread as dflee in the Critics Circle.
In a nutshell- IMO Dave's ICs are a must hear anywhere in the vicinity of their price, against all comers. In particular, the DD really made me sit up and take notice.
Just an update. I tried them in my main system and got the same results. The DDs are the real deal, totally at home in the best, most resolving systems, and at a very attractive price for the quality on offer.
The 3-D, venue acoustic, and natural instrumental image rendering are all the best I've had in my systems. All of this is there with no artificial edginess whatever. These attributes are what separates the best from the very good, IMO.
I voted w/ my wallet and ordered a pair of balanced and a pair of unbalanced DDs today.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2013, 06:19 pm by jonbee »

seavan

« Reply #131 on: 19 Nov 2013, 05:10 am »
Hi, I am very interested and I am in Seattle. Is there any chance to try the cables while they are still in Seattle? Cheers!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #132 on: 22 Nov 2013, 06:49 pm »
Hi seavan, unfortunately I need to see a post history and involvement here on AC in order to be on the tour. I hate to turn anyone away but I'm sure you understand the reasoning. If you are seriously interested in a cable I do have a 30 day trial period so if it doesn't work out you can return it.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #133 on: 22 Nov 2013, 09:53 pm »
Hi seavan, unfortunately I need to see a post history and involvement here on AC in order to be on the tour. I hate to turn anyone away but I'm sure you understand the reasoning. If you are seriously interested in a cable I do have a 30 day trial period so if it doesn't work out you can return it.
Why not send him the tour pair but take payment just in case. 

jonbee

« Reply #134 on: 23 Nov 2013, 04:26 pm »
Hi, I am very interested and I am in Seattle. Is there any chance to try the cables while they are still in Seattle? Cheers!
As a last resort, I'll have my DDs in a couple of weeks and we can get together on something.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #135 on: 23 Nov 2013, 04:47 pm »
    I'm liking the Vampire xhado RCAS lately.

charles

seavan

« Reply #136 on: 24 Nov 2013, 04:35 am »
Jonbee, thank you! I really appreciate it!

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #137 on: 26 Nov 2013, 02:10 pm »
     Tour 2  update

I spent the weekend with several serous listening sessions with the interconnect of tour 2. I am ready to ship to the next person. I need the next person in line address.

I made several pages of notes and I will put my thoughts together shortly and report back.

Dave, thank you for the opportunity to be in this tour !

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #138 on: 26 Nov 2013, 03:09 pm »
Jonbee, thanks for the offer, I appreciate it too  :thumb:

Vulcan, I sent you and the next person on tour a pm.

rollo, yup Xhadows (Vampire's high end line) are very nice connectors. They aren't Furutech FP-101s though...

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #139 on: 2 Dec 2013, 04:21 pm »
OK, hanguy is up next and Vulcan send the cables to shaizada.

Just a quick reminder, please do not use much torque on the locking RCAs and remember they lock by screwing the barrel clockwise when viewed from the back and you loosen them by turning them ccw. If it takes more than a very small amount of torque to unlock them, then hold the rear part of the plug behind the locking barrel so you don't put torque on your RCA jack and possibly cause it to loosen. You should never need to use any sort of tool to install or remove them.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!