What speakers did you replace?

GM1055

Re: What speakers did you replace?
« Reply #160 on: 17 Jan 2020, 01:02 pm »
Thank you for your reply, but I have had several speakers in that room,Focal 948 Aria,Tekton Pendragons, Ushers, Egglestonworks, they sounded good in there.

NINaudio

« Reply #161 on: 18 Feb 2020, 04:09 am »
Will be replacing my venerable Boston Acoustics Lynnfield VR 950 towers and VR10 center with Song 3's and a Song 3 center.   :D

Ledhead26

« Reply #162 on: 8 Oct 2020, 12:41 am »
Replaced a pair of Aerial Acoustics 7T with a new pair of Salk BeATs and couldn’t be happier!

someguy

« Reply #163 on: 16 Nov 2020, 03:09 am »
First Salk purchase: replaced the non-existent low end of my Kef R300 with a Salk Rythmik 12 Subwoofer. I love it.
Second Salk purchase: replaced the built in speakers on my dad's tv with a self-powered Salk SongTower. He loves it.
Third Salk purchase: replaced the Kef R300's with Veracity ST's. I strongly assume I will love them.

senna1a

« Reply #164 on: 22 Jan 2021, 01:36 am »
Replaced NHT 3.3’s (relegated to 2nd system) - picked up an original set of Veracity HT3’s. Couldn’t be happier.

almostbuff

« Reply #165 on: 22 Jan 2021, 03:15 am »
@Ledhead26 - The Aerial Acoustics 7T is a pretty impressive speaker.  I auditioned a pair years ago and was impressed.  I have some 3A Beats on order.  Can you elaborate on the differences and what you like more about the Beats? 

wilbur_the_goose

« Reply #166 on: 6 Mar 2021, 12:59 pm »
Replacing Paradigm Studio 100 v5.  It's a very good speaker, but the Salk is in a different league.

thedudeabides

« Reply #167 on: 1 Apr 2021, 09:03 pm »
Unlikely to replace them but I may soon compare a pair of Salk’s to PBN Montana SPi’s, which would be a tough test indeed... they are basically my “forever” speakers... I have preferred their sound even to newer PBN’s. Super clear midrange, abundant tight bass and sweet highs. Should be interesting!

Savheagle

« Reply #168 on: 4 Sep 2021, 01:23 pm »
New to the forum...pretty jacked up!  Been reading up on lots of speakers and really captivated by Salk and reviews from owners. Bought Wharfedale Lintons in March...they replaced 34 year old Phase Techs and even older B&O bookshelfs.  Drove 15 hours, one way, to listen to BeAT's and the white Veracity's available on website.  Really enjoyed meeting Jim, Mary and getting the tour.  Love the Song3 BeATs!! Gave Jim a check before driving back South and look forward to going back in March, probably, to pick them up! Thanks to all of you and your comments about the speakers or never would have made the drive to listen!  I know will be BIG upgrade from the Lintons!

Yrage

« Reply #169 on: 13 Sep 2021, 02:06 pm »
New to the forum. I recently purchased a pair of Veracity ST monitors.  I have owned several speakers over years and these are special. These replaced a pair of Alta Rhea. What a difference! The Veracity’s are in a class above the Altas, in every aspect. Clarity, detail (specially in the midrange), overall sound quality.
Only have less than 75 hours on them,  can’t wait until I get more time on them.
Thank you Jim.

bbslo

« Reply #170 on: 1 Dec 2021, 09:04 pm »
After moving into a house with a much larger open concept living room/kitchen, I replaced my (new to me) Totem Rainmakers with (new to me) Salk Songtower QWT. Though I think the Rainmakers are a great speaker, the Salks provide better sound in the larger room and, as a speaker that costs about twice as much as the Rainmaker, is notably better across the board. The Totem tweeter is a double-edged sword that does provide some extra sparkle sometimes, but also can be too bright occasionally. I had been intrigued by Salk Sound and Philharmonic Audio for many years and I'm so happy to finally have a chance to enjoy to the Songtowers.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #171 on: 1 Dec 2021, 09:10 pm »
I replaced 16 year old NHT with Dynaudio X44.I'm very happy with the upgrade.

tofuman

« Reply #172 on: 13 Dec 2021, 09:33 pm »
Dunlavy IVA

strat95

« Reply #173 on: 14 Dec 2021, 06:29 am »
Dunlavy IVA

Curious, what were they replaced with?

tofuman

« Reply #174 on: 14 Dec 2021, 07:41 pm »
SS 9.5

strat95

« Reply #175 on: 14 Dec 2021, 09:56 pm »
SS 9.5

Very nice!!  Would you please provide some insight into the improvements?

mr_bill

« Reply #176 on: 14 Dec 2021, 11:28 pm »
Loved the Dunlavy IV except for size.
The SS 9.5 must be really good

tofuman

« Reply #177 on: 16 Dec 2021, 05:46 am »
I had the IVs (Blk) initially which I replaced with the IVAs (Nat Oak).
Sonicaly the IVAs are superior to the IV in every way especially driver integration.
Of course the IVA was priced twice as much, $8000 vs $4000.
Both IV & IVA are 6' tall and weigh 180lbs each.

rajsma

« Reply #178 on: 17 Dec 2023, 03:48 am »
Replaced Paradigm Studio 100 with Song Tower

KaseyC

« Reply #179 on: 28 Dec 2023, 01:54 pm »
Good Morning from a rainy Kalamazoo MI!

Although, I'm from Lansing, visiting Kalamazoo for business for a few days.  Well, I bought a used pair of SongTowers from a fellow enthusiast in Lansing yesterday.  I brought them home and A/Bd them against a pair of Vienna Acoustic Bach towers.  I can't believe the difference.  I thought the Bach's were a decent speaker but OMG.  The STs just opened up and made the Bach's sound horrible.  I suspect the source choice has a bit to do with it.  But with Pseudo Jazz (Al DiMeola, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Peter Autscbach Projekt, etc.) and any well recorded rock/pop - the image was just outstanding.  The Bach midrange just felt constrained.  I use an A/B switch for two speaker sets and two receiver/amps to manage HT vs. stereo listening with a Cambridge CXA81/CXC transport.  I've been a TL fan since the mid '70s when I first listened to a set of IMF Studio Monitors.  TLs are getting difficult to find - so I jumped on a pair in our local Lansing market.  Another check off the bucket list! :D