Has anyone heard from Neobop?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Has anyone heard from Neobop?
« on: 18 Sep 2019, 12:03 am »
I know he's been gone for a while, but I learned a lot from that guy and was thinking about him today.  Any news?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Has anyone heard from Neobop?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2019, 02:18 pm »
Frank just disappeared from AC.  He was having some problems and it seemed that his posts were becoming concerning.  Although we both lived in Philadelphia we never met, he was the expert on all things vinyl.  I hope he's moved on to bigger and better things.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2019, 01:50 pm by Letitroll98 »

S Clark

« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2019, 03:31 pm »
Thanks for that insight.  I remember that many of his later post were 'off", and I had even expressed concern at the time.  Hope he is well and reappears someday. 

sunnydaze

« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2019, 08:41 pm »
Thanks for that insight.  I remember that many of his later post were 'off", and I had even expressed concern at the time.  Hope he is well and reappears someday.

He was also cranky and confrontational.  Picked a public fight with me over nothing.  He got very nasty and insulting.  Came across as arrogant and superior.  Seemed to have a chip on his shoulder.   He did seem to know lots about vinyl, but his arrogance was quite off-putting.  Personally, I don't miss him.  Good riddance.

S Clark

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2019, 08:54 pm »
Well, I won't deny any of his faults.  But losing anyone with expertise reduces the value of the site overall.  Jazz and vinyl were his thing, even if overbearing at times. 
So many of the guys who helped educate me on both have moved along... Jerome, Frank, Jim D Goulding.   

GentleBender

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2019, 12:11 am »
We have to remember that people are complicated. Our lives change constantly and what control we think we have can disappear in moments. We need to not always react as an attack back on a fellow, but react as kindly as you can (or maybe not at all). You’d be surprised how some people react to kindness. Not everything is personal on the internet. Sometimes we have to think of the bigger problem that may not be the discussion, but something else entirely.

I used to spend more time here, but now work has sucked up all my time. But I pop in from time to time to check in. There are valuable people with much information that I would be without if they all left. There is always something to learn from everyone, even if it is how not to act. The internet can be a cold place, is that what we want? We need to respect one another.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2019, 12:23 am »
I noted that after 2008 life got a lot busier and the amount of bad things happening in peoples lives increased a lot.
Shit planet.

S Clark

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2019, 12:26 pm »
We have to remember that people are complicated. Our lives change constantly and what control we think we have can disappear in moments. We need to not always react as an attack back on a fellow, but react as kindly as you can (or maybe not at all). You’d be surprised how some people react to kindness. Not everything is personal on the internet. Sometimes we have to think of the bigger problem that may not be the discussion, but something else entirely.

I used to spend more time here, but now work has sucked up all my time. But I pop in from time to time to check in. There are valuable people with much information that I would be without if they all left. There is always something to learn from everyone, even if it is how not to act. The internet can be a cold place, is that what we want? We need to respect one another.
Wise words.  I wish I knew you better.
Scott