Cables to match VSA VR-44 aktive

Vemanoel

Cables to match VSA VR-44 aktive
« on: 3 Oct 2018, 01:03 am »
Need help to match the VR-44 with speaker cables properly.

Power cables?

Also, discuss if jumpers are a necessary upgrade.

Any idea?

Delacroix

Re: Cables to match VSA VR-44 aktive
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2018, 09:14 pm »
I've not read much discussion of the 44s here, but I suspect owners might feel those Masterbuilt cables that VSA offer are the bees knees with those speakers.  I'd also be interested on hearing from those who own or have auditioned these speakers.   Who has them or heard them up close?

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 4 Oct 2018, 03:08 am »
Need help to match the VR-44 with speaker cables properly.

Power cables?

Also, discuss if jumpers are a necessary upgrade.

Any idea?

I use 12 gauge bluejeans speaker wire  I run two leads to the speakers one for the bottom module and one for the top module. I also use bluejeans interconnect cables. Their products don't cost an arm and a leg.  Lots of opinions about power cables. I never tried any of them. "If it ain't broken don't try to fix it"

Cheers
                                             Charlie

kernelbob

« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2018, 09:51 pm »
I've had three sets of VSA speakers since 1996 and have used various brands.  In 2011, I auditioned the MasterBuilt Signature series in my VR5 Anniversary based system which were a big improvement.  I'm using a full loom of balanced interconnects, speaker cables (in a biamping configuration), and power cords.  The last addition that I made was the power cords.  I was surprised that they made such a impact (tremendous improvement in the bass focus and impact).

I've moved up to the MasterBuilt Ultra series in my VR100 system, but all four of the MB lines have the same top to bottom signature of high resolution, detail, and bass power.  Above all, they provide a musicality second to none in terms of dynamics, instrumental timbre, soundstage, low level resolution, etc..

There are four MB lines:  Performance, Reference, Signature, and Ultra.  After the introduction of Ultra, the Performance line was developed.  That Performance line would be a good match with your VR-44's, unless you can opt for one of the other MB lines.  If you do give them a listen, include power cords in your set.

Best,
Robert