Pot in a box Active

jackiejr

Pot in a box Active
« on: 26 Sep 2012, 03:08 am »
I have the above with the RM 10 Mk2 . What's my next move? jj

Clio09

Re: Pot in a box Active
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2012, 03:22 am »
Do you need the active buffer? A number of us use the Lightspeed attenuator with this amp and it is quite a difficult combo to beat. I think the answer might also depend on your source(s) as well.

jackiejr

« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2012, 03:42 am »
I do need the volume control. My system is also comprised of the Harbeth P3 ESR and Valab DAC. It sounds terrific. Maybe I should upgrade to a DAC that has volume control. The PiB active sounds very good, though. I could use a little more weight generally speaking.

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2012, 04:17 am »
What does more weight mean?

jackiejr

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2012, 04:21 am »
I think instruments and voices could be fleshed out some more. I think midrange is what I'm trying to convey.

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2012, 04:47 am »
Oh, then you need Electrostatic speakers if you really want to hear some great midrange. Cones just can't do it. They don't provide enough space or detail. What speakers do you have?

jackiejr

« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2012, 05:00 am »
I have the Harbeth P3 ESR. This is a desk system in my office so I'm stuck with small speakers. My speakers are shoebox size.

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2012, 05:17 am »
I have found with small speakers a sub-woofer really helps fill things out. I make a really small one 12 x 8 x 6 inches

jackiejr

« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2012, 01:24 pm »
Yes, that would help. I ordered the Pot in the Box Active with with two outputs so I could add a sub. Who should I contact for info on the sub?

I'll have to put the sub behind me to left of seat. Is that a factor?

Also, I would like to mention that the RM 10 Mk2 and PiB combo is wonderful. The soundstage depth (2-3 ft.) is very satisfying. Imaging is very good also.

I think the EL 84 tube and circuit is marvelous in the RM 10 Mk2.