A Taste of the future

werd

A Taste of the future
« on: 25 Mar 2011, 05:48 am »
Very interesting integrated, very encouraging and looks way ahead of its time. "An integrated with benefits" as one reviewer put it.

What makes this amps so interesting is its complete functionality. Its seems to be getting great reviews and to me if its as good as they say it is. It will set the bar for integrating a high end system into a perspective buyer's living room. A perspective buyer that doesn't want the bulk and intrusion of a stereo sitting in their living room (which is about 99% of the people out there). I know there is one coming to  Saskatoon dealer and i am looking forward to hearing this.

The D- premier

http://www.devialet.com/index.php

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: A Taste of the future
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2011, 12:00 pm »
MSRP = 12,000 pounds  :cry:

Makes the new Olive music server (also sleek and wall mountable) look affordable.

werd

« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2011, 05:48 pm »
MSRP = 12,000 pounds  :cry:

Makes the new Olive music server (also sleek and wall mountable) look affordable.

It has dac-preamp-amp-wifi - all huddled up into one nifty little package. Seems expensive and maybe it is compared to what might be coming up pipe but when compared to what we have now its not all that off base for cost. Its about what i spent and i'm cheap.  :D

pardales

« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2011, 05:57 pm »
It is a beautiful looking piece, and that remote is very cool.   8)

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2011, 01:57 am »
Cool looking...but when i saw the price i was  :cry:

werd

« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2011, 02:03 am »
Cool looking...but when i saw the price i was  :cry:

You have to think about the dac too and the phono stage. Its an "intergrated with benefits".....

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2011, 09:32 pm »
Interesting arquitectural, decorative amp, looks great option to women obsessed with room style, men really out of audio or Bang&Olufsen custumers.

A very French amp, but if it do not made a lot of heat, be tube or transistor, it do not made music, just hi-fi sound.

Surely the new FM Acoustics mini amps can deliver more music at same obscene prices.

> Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a cat or dog from the street. On the streets pets live only two years average.

srb

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2011, 10:43 pm »
If I were rich I would probably at least have the Devialet D-Premier in my small vacation beach house.

And also one of those all-in-one washer/dryers. 
http://www.lg.com/us/appliances/washer-dryer-combos/LG-steam-washer-WM3987HW.jsp

Steve

bernardl

« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2011, 10:47 am »
Interesting arquitectural, decorative amp, looks great option to women obsessed with room style, men really out of audio or Bang&Olufsen custumers.

A very French amp, but if it do not made a lot of heat, be tube or transistor, it do not made music, just hi-fi sound.

Surely the new FM Acoustics mini amps can deliver more music at same obscene prices.

I advise you listen to it, it is frankly pretty amazing. I guess it didn't get a Blue Moon award at 6moons, 100% rating in Germany's Stereo magazine,... for no reason.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2011, 07:40 am by bernardl »

toocool4

« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2011, 12:00 pm »
I have heard a lot of good things about this French amp and it looks amazing too.
For me though I don’t believe what I read anymore I like to listen for myself.

A lot was said about NuForce too, I had one it did not deliver so I have gone back to Class A. I now use Spectral setup.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2011, 01:48 pm »
It takes your analog vinyl signal through a ADA conversion, a deal killer right there for me (if the price wouldn't have already killed it).  It looks durn purty though.

Don_S

« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2011, 03:14 pm »
Devialet is on the exhibitors list for the CA Audio Show in July. I wonder who their dance partners will be.  At least I will be able to see one up close and personal.  Evaluating performance of one component in an unfamiliar system under show conditions requires an active imagination so I will settle for taking a picture and getting an overall system/room opinion.

http://www.caaudioshow.com/exhibitor-list.html