About to buy Parasound Hint 6. Please advise if you can.

flavo

I'm switching things up in my 2ch set up.
I'll be adding 2 Rel T7X subs and getting a new/used SS integrated or amp/pre combo.

I've had some issues with speakers in my set up being boomy in the past so I really like the idea of being able to adjust the Xover frequency for the main speakers from the amp.

Are there other options out there besides the Halo line that has sub out, pre out and Xover control for the mains like the Halo does?

The sub AND pre outs are a must for me.

Thanks for your help.

Doublej

Re: About to buy Parasound Hint 6. Please advise if you can.
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2022, 04:38 pm »
I don't know if it has everything you want but I would look into the Anthem STR Integrated.

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2022, 07:27 pm »
I'll be adding 2 Rel T7X subs and getting a new/used SS integrated or amp/pre combo

The sub AND pre outs are a must for me.

The RCA sub output is not needed with REL subs. REL recommends connecting their subs using the high level Neutrik Speakon connection directly to the amp's speaker terminals.

REL T7x manual:
"It is helpful to know that you will almost always connect the REL to the input on the rear panel labeled
“HIGH-LEVEL INPUT.” This connection is made using the supplied 33’ 6” (10 meters) cable, the bare leads
of which connect to the speaker output terminals of the power amplifier. The easy and foolproof connection
at the REL is done with a Neutrik® Speakon® connector. The purpose of connecting to the speaker output
terminals is one of the unique secrets of REL’s success. By connecting to the High Level input on the REL
from the amplifier, you build forward the sonic signature of your main system, including the tonal balance
and timing cues of the entire electronics chain. In this way, the REL is fed the exact signal that is fed to the
main speakers."

Stereo Set-Up of REL Serie T/x
"Stereo Sub-Bass is advised for the fastest, clearest, deep bass—not for more output. Conventional wisdom
has it that stereo subs results in between +3 and +6 db additional output depending upon positioning. In
and of itself, this is of only passing interest in most instances since even a single Serie T/x is capable of
profound output. What then, is the point to adding a second stereo sub bass Serie T/x?
In a word, clarity. Clarity that permits “seeing” back into the farthest reaches of the sound stage. Clarity that
illuminates all dimensions of the musicians and the space that they inhabit equally and enhances the natural
reality of a great full range system, as only RELs can. Stereo Serie T/x produce clarity, transparency, speed
and low level detail NOT just in the bass but throughout the entire spectrum of music."

If you decide to use the HINT 6 RCA stereo sub outputs note that the HINT 6 High Pass crossover is disabled.

HINT 6 manual:
Using Stereo Subwoofers
"If you have two subwoofers and want them to operate in stereo you can connect them to
the Left and Right Preamp Output jacks instead of to the Sub Output jacks which are
mono. In this case you would need to set the High Pass crossover switch to Off. With
this configuration the front panel Sub Level control does not function."

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2022, 10:30 pm »
That REL sub also has an RCA input for Low .1/LFE input.  But the Halo still would not be able to do bass management in a stereo configuration.

You would be able to use your Subs in stereo with the LFE input with the Anthem Integrated as it has dual sub out with bass management.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2022, 11:01 pm »
Audio Advisor has the NAD M32 on sale and it has stereo bass management.

https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NAM32

flavo

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2022, 11:42 pm »
The RCA sub output is not needed with REL subs. REL recommends connecting their subs using the high level Neutrik Speakon connection directly to the amp's speaker terminals.

Thank you for that, but I'll be using both the neutrik and LFE's with this one. You're probably aware but this sub allows the use of 2 different stored setting to allow them to be used for audio and home theater.

flavo

« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2022, 11:53 pm »
That REL sub also has an RCA input for Low .1/LFE input.  But the Halo still would not be able to do bass management in a stereo configuration.

You would be able to use your Subs in stereo with the LFE input with the Anthem Integrated as it has dual sub out with bass management.

The Nad doesn't offer a pre and sub out as far as i can tell?
Im a bit confused looking at the back of the STR.
For audio outputs it offers
front L front R
sub L sub R
line L line R

I've never noticed wording like that before.
The sub out makes sense and the fronts im assuming are another sub? What about the Line L&R?

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2022, 11:58 pm »
The Nad doesn't offer a pre and sub out as far as i can tell?
Im a bit confused looking at the back of the STR.
For audio outputs it offers
front L front R
sub L sub R
line L line R

I've never noticed wording like that before.
The sub out makes sense and the fronts im assuming are another sub? What about the Line L&R?

The NAD does have pre and sub out.  The manual also shows that you can do stereo sub management.  Look at page 13 of the manual.

https://www.audioadvisor.com/pdf/NAD_M32_eng_OM_v08FE-1.pdf