Six Acoustic York

2channelman

• Greetings Fellow Water Buffalo.
Six Acoustic York
« on: 26 Feb 2021, 09:26 pm »
I bought one of these last July and before posting anything wanted to give it a good listen. I figure 7+ months should suffice!. The York is absolutely great! and worth every red cent. Having owned several phono stages over the years. Creek , Rega , Parasound , Cambridge Audio , Clearaudio , Emotiva. The York beats them all with ease. Using a Denon DL-110 presently but have used it with several cartridges over the months and loved it with all of them. The unit has plenty of adjustability to match your cartridges. The unit is small and unpretentious and that's exactly what I like. I prefer stealth over bling. Considering the prices of many phono stages I would consider this Cheap and Cheerful. 

https://www.sixacoustic.com/yorkoverview
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2021, 11:20 pm by 2channelman »

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Six Acoustic York
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2021, 03:39 pm »
The unit is a bit over pricing guidelines, but not by much, especially if you're talking analog only system, so unless someone objects I'm inclined to let it stand.  What loading are you using for the Denon cart.   The DL160 was my budget favorite until the cantilever finally gave up the ghost and I ran it between 1,000 and 20,000 ohms, settling on 17,000 if IRC.  (My PS Audio preamp has infinitely variable loading with plug in resistors)   This unit looks like a great bargain.

2channelman

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2021, 11:21 pm »

For sure my DL-110 is into the 47k , I might have added 100pf but I think I decided on 0. My Hitachi HT-550 has had the stock cable/connectors replaced with Mogami W2528 cable and nice quality RCA connectors. I think the Mogami is 100 maybe 150pf per meter.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2021, 12:01 pm »
You might try the 1,000 ohm setting just for fun, although I think that will be too low for the DL110.  My son is setting up an analog system, I refurbed a turntable for him and made some suggestions for a phono pre, but don't know what he bought.  I'll tell him about this one.

2channelman

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2021, 09:45 pm »
I am glad to hear you given your son analogue. What TT did you refurbish?

drab

« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2021, 09:54 pm »
It's about $340 US dollars so it is a bit under the individual component guidelines.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #6 on: 2 Mar 2021, 11:18 am »
It's about $340 US dollars so it is a bit under the individual component guidelines.

I saw it at $450 on the first site I checked, so much the better if it's $100 less.  I wasn't shopping so likely missed the price actually paid.   Anybody else purchase this model?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2021, 11:24 am »
I am glad to hear you given your son analogue. What TT did you refurbish?

An older Pioneer, I'm thinking PL 550 might be the model number?   He owns a used bicycle shop so is always running into used audio gear for cheap,  he brought it to me and asked if I could get it running.  A lovely sounding table.  I gave him some Rti6 Polk bookshelf speakers for Christmas, he's got it all set up in the gameroom.