SOLD: 2 GR Research Open Baffle Dual Servo Subs in H-frames + 2 Rythmik XLR amps

TomS

DIY pair of highly regarded GR Research Open Baffle bass systems in H-frames with four GR SW12-16 woofers and 2 Rythmik A370 plate amps with balanced inputs. The build was documented in a long thread here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78791.0 with pictures. The cabinets are 3/4" mdf with T+G bamboo flooring applied to the sides. Connections from speakers to amps are Speakon 4-poles on both ends, and the amps are in matching bamboo enclosures. They are also fully loaded front and back with No-Rez. The top and bottom are painted MDF as I figured I could always set monitors or even put the top half of the GR Super-V (coax) up there at some point.

The cabinets are maybe a 4 or 5 out of 10 due to DIY nature, but they are quite heavy and stout. Note the removable grills are on the fronts only. Unfortunately it just isn't possible to ship these, but I could meet someone within a reasonable distance of Ft. Wayne IN - MI, OH, IL, maybe N. KY if you'll chip in for some fuel.

I'm asking $1500 for the pair, with both amps, only as a pair. This is about the cost of new drivers/amps and no-rez from GR. Basically, if you want the cabinets and are in driving range, they're thrown in for free.

I can shoot some better pictures and send them along if you're not sure. PM or Email me here on AC with any questions.

Thanks for looking.

Tom
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2011, 10:56 pm by TomS »

cujobob

wowowowow  :o

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Great seller here guys.

saisunil

Would be interested in them - in case you are able to ship ...

Thanks
Sunil

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Pittsburgh is about half way in between.  You could agree to meet halfway.   It's got to be cheaper to drive than ship those safely. 

TomS

Would be interested in them - in case you are able to ship ...

Thanks
Sunil
Sunil and others who have asked on PM -

The speakers are ~100lbs each 16w x 16d x 28h with all the drivers loaded. The amps are 15lbs each in their cases. I don't have shipping containers, though I'm pretty sure I still have all the inner boxes for drivers and amps if they were to be disassembled. The only way I can think of would be to crate and strap them to a pallet as freight, which would be $$$ and major effort on my part. I also think you would want to pull the drivers out just to be safe. I hope that helps.

Tom

Rclark

I'm like the kid with his nose pressed up against the store window with this one. Someone out there is going to be very happy, I'm sure of it.

roscoeiii

TomS,

How do these measure? How low do they go before rolling off? Where did you cross them over?

TomS

TomS,

How do these measure? How low do they go before rolling off? Where did you cross them over?

It depends on the room, but they are quite broad band and extend down into the 20's. I actively low passed them at a variety of points up to 120hz or so, depending on where they were placed in the room. There are many threads on the GR circle about their performance both as stand alone subs and within the GR Research V1 and Super V full range speakers. The enclosures are constructed to the specs Danny provided so you could expect similar performance.

Tom

TomS

Gentle nudge... still available.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Still available?  WOW! 

Again, great guy here.   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: (five ecleins)

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I'd love to get these...someday!!!    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: (five  jtwraces)

HAL

• Industry Contributor
If I did not already have Super-V's, I would get those for my N2X's as OBBB's!   :D

TomS

If I did not already have Super-V's, I would get those for my N2X's as OBBB's!   :D
Rich - I definitely tried to get DPD to bite. His N2X's need better "friends" than those monster KEF B139 T-lines. We measured the room  8)

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Tom,
If I were coming out, I would help you take them to DPD's for a listen!  That should be a great setup with the N2X's!   :thumb:

Marbles

Gentle nudge to Tom....I'll still take what's behind door number 2 (you know you want to sell it  8)  )

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Gentle nudge to Tom....I'll still take what's behind door number 2 (you know you want to sell it  8)  )

What's that?   :scratch:

TomS

What's that?   :scratch:
Just a little horse trading. I'm still holding one of his pieces hostage 8)

roymail

• Roy in TX
Are those Abbeys or Summas on top... gorgeous listening room.  :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Are those Abbeys or Summas on top... gorgeous listening room.  :thumb:

Yes, he has GedLee Abbeys.