FS: AV123 LS6 Line Source Speakers

chadmat

FS: AV123 LS6 Line Source Speakers
« on: 26 Oct 2008, 03:14 am »
Greetings,

The LS6 speakers are capable of conveying the dynamics and emotion of music and movies in dramatic fashion.  I have been continually impressed by their full-range reproduction and ability to disappear and let me focus on the music.  I haven't used my subwoofer since unpacking them and have found the bass management system truly useful for dialing them in.  I am offering them for sale at $3,400 and would prefer a buyer for local pickup in the national capital region given their size and weight (about 150 lbs each).  Speakers are located in northern Virginia and are about 4 months old with around 500 hours on them.  I am forced to sell due to implications from recent economic conditions.  I have all packing material and their condition is as new.  To see photos, please navigate to the gallery and search for my username, there you can see some pictures of the speakers.  The finish is rosewood and really reflects the aesthetic quality that AV123 is known for.  For reference, the television is a 42inch plasma.

For more information, you can visit the manufacturer's site at www.av123.com.  Current retail price if purchased new is $4,499 plus shipping.  The LS6 and the LS9 were recently showcased at RMAF 2008 and there should be other feedback available on-line. 

Please pm me with questions or for more information.  Thanks for looking,

ArtilleryofSound

Re: FS: AV123 LS6 Line Source Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2008, 11:28 pm »
PM Sent.

Greetings,

The LS6 speakers are capable of conveying the dynamics and emotion of music and movies in dramatic fashion.  I have been continually impressed by their full-range reproduction and ability to disappear and let me focus on the music.  I haven't used my subwoofer since unpacking them and have found the bass management system truly useful for dialing them in.  I am offering them for sale at $3,400 and would prefer a buyer for local pickup in the national capital region given their size and weight (about 150 lbs each).  Speakers are located in northern Virginia and are about 4 months old with around 500 hours on them.  I am forced to sell due to implications from recent economic conditions.  I have all packing material and their condition is as new.  To see photos, please navigate to the gallery and search for my username, there you can see some pictures of the speakers.  The finish is rosewood and really reflects the aesthetic quality that AV123 is known for.  For reference, the television is a 42inch plasma.

For more information, you can visit the manufacturer's site at www.av123.com.  Current retail price if purchased new is $4,499 plus shipping.  The LS6 and the LS9 were recently showcased at RMAF 2008 and there should be other feedback available on-line. 

Please pm me with questions or for more information.  Thanks for looking,

chadmat

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2008, 02:03 pm »
Still for sale, price reduced to $3,200/obo.  Thanks for looking. 

If you search for photos in the gallery by username, be sure to check the "ownername" box as it is not checked by default. 

Regards.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2008, 12:27 pm »
There are probably a lot of us that may be interested as we have been on the waiting list for a new pair a while.  I think if you post pictures you will have much better success.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2008, 12:35 pm »
There are probably a lot of us that may be interested as we have been on the waiting list for a new pair a while.  I think if you post pictures you will have much better success.

the pics are wery nice indeed; the seller posted them in his gallery; easy to find.   :wink:

doug s.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2008, 01:42 am »
Hey Doug thanks for the response and I understand they may be in his gallery and maybe easy to find, but when you trying to sell something especially in this market you need to make it as easy as possible on the buyer.  Post the pictures!  8)

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2008, 03:46 am »
Hey Doug thanks for the response and I understand they may be in his gallery and maybe easy to find, but when you trying to sell something especially in this market you need to make it as easy as possible on the buyer.  Post the pictures!  8)
you're right, but since chadmat's only posts here on a/c are to sell these speakers, he likely isn't fimiliar w/how to do it.  let's help him out!   :green:

doug s.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2008, 04:06 am »
Wow, looks good.  I never realized they looked that good with grills on.

rgcards

« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2008, 03:33 pm »
Please check PM

chadmat

« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2008, 11:11 pm »
Thanks for the help with the photos, I appreciate you sharing them in the thread.  Bumping and price now $3,100.  Feel free to message with any questions you have and thanks for looking.

chadmat

« Reply #10 on: 12 Dec 2008, 08:52 pm »
Bump.

chadmat

« Reply #11 on: 16 Mar 2009, 11:12 pm »
Going to take another shot at selling after the holidays.  Had some robust interest, but from far away locations in the US and other countries.

Price is now $3,000 and the speakers are located in Northern Virginia.  Would prefer to sell regionally, but would consider shipping via freight.  PM to arrange for a demo. 

Thanks for looking.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #12 on: 17 Mar 2009, 12:02 am »
That's alot of speaker for $3K.  :o Somebody need to snap these up. 

Audioclyde

« Reply #13 on: 17 Mar 2009, 01:09 am »
A friend of mine just got the LS6 speakers in, same finish.  I spent a couple hours listening to them and I can vouch that they both look and sound fantastic, especially at this price.

Good luck with the sale.

chadmat

« Reply #14 on: 23 Mar 2009, 11:16 pm »
Bump. Thanks for looking.

chadmat

« Reply #15 on: 4 Apr 2009, 05:57 pm »
Bumping again.

Now at $2,950.

Regards.

mlgill

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 15 Apr 2009, 06:24 am »
At $2500 I would drive up from Atlanta for these. :evil:

chadmat

« Reply #17 on: 15 Apr 2009, 07:44 pm »
AV123 posted a link to a LS6 review on their web-site at http://www.stereomojo.com/LS6%20review/AV123LS6review.htm.  Although the review is a bit dated, it should give you an idea of what the site  thought of these speakers in their early form.  Current price for the LS6s is $4,499 + shipping.  If you are anywhere near the national capital region, you can get these at a great savings by picking them up here in northern VA and you can personally inspect the aesthetic quality, sound quality, and the condition before you buy.

Happy reading and now setting the price at $2,900. 

arthurs

« Reply #18 on: 15 Apr 2009, 10:47 pm »
That reviewer is a dork!   :lol:

Kidding, it was me...I stand by it, these are a tremendous deal at the asking price!

aaron smithski

« Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2009, 03:53 am »
AV123 posted a link to a LS6 review on their web-site at http://www.stereomojo.com/LS6%20review/AV123LS6review.htm.  Although the review is a bit dated, it should give you an idea of what the site  thought of these speakers in their early form.  Current price for the LS6s is $4,499 + shipping.  If you are anywhere near the national capital region, you can get these at a great savings by picking them up here in northern VA and you can personally inspect the aesthetic quality, sound quality, and the condition before you buy.

Happy reading and now setting the price at $2,900. 

Here's a link to another quite positive review in Positive Feedback mag:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue41/ls6.htm

Since I'm enjoying my moho LS-6 so much, thought I'd try and influence someone else out there to help move these for you!  :thumb:

The other review by that dork is pretty good too.  :green: