Re: Biamp Loudspeaker system

WireNut

« Reply #20 on: 12 Apr 2016, 01:30 am »
Also included in the sale is my DBX 223SX active crossover and rca cables made of all Teflon and copper cables as well as balanced cables with all Teflon and neutrik connectors.
Also several power cords design by Robert Crump (not shown) of audio asylum. I can't use them anymore so there your's with the purchase of the loudspeakers.

All you need to run this biamp system with a preamp with two sets of outputs and 1 50 watt amp for the top speakers and about a 100 watt amp for the bottom cabinets. That will do the trick.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 07:59 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

« Reply #21 on: 12 Apr 2016, 01:41 am »
how close can they be to the wall? Also what is the Frequency response on the subwoofers?

Thanks

The top cabs will go down to about 50 HZ and I set the bass cabs at about 100hz or 150 hz depending on the source material which will take me down to 20-25 Hz.
Also the beauty of the external crossover you have adjustable gain and frequency on the bottom cabs. I love that. I've been running Bi-amp system since the 80's, I could never go back to one amp. To much versatility for me with a bi-amp system.

I do not put them close to the wall. I put them about 2-1/2 feet from the side walls and about 3 feet from the rear walls. I except you will get more bass if up against the wall But I feel you will loss imaging with them up against the wall. I've never done it that way due to to many documents on speaker placement. Who no's they will still sound awesome. Curtain speaker are made that way like klipsch cornwalls but I think these will be better away from the walls at least 2 feet. Ether way for all this your wont do better.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:17 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

« Reply #22 on: 12 Apr 2016, 02:05 am »
Check my feedback on audiogon and USaudiomart under sjcinci.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:00 pm by WireNut »

dkalsi

Re: Biamp Loudspeaker system $1000.00
« Reply #23 on: 12 Apr 2016, 09:26 pm »
If only you were closer....I would have picked these up immediately.

WireNut

« Reply #24 on: 13 Apr 2016, 04:26 pm »
If only you were closer....I would have picked these up immediately.

What state do you live in ? 
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:00 pm by WireNut »

dkalsi

« Reply #25 on: 13 Apr 2016, 10:07 pm »
DC - about an  8 hour trip (one-way)

WireNut

« Reply #26 on: 15 Apr 2016, 12:38 am »

If I thought my old car could make it 4 hours each way I'd meet you. I haven't driven my old car anywhere but to work for about  6 miles every day for years.
I would be fun and an and adventurer but A bitch If I broke down.
I'll think on it. I could barrow a family car but if I wreaked it that would be a series bummer.

Remember these are Joesph D'Appolito and Tony Gee Designs.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:03 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

« Reply #27 on: 15 Apr 2016, 06:42 pm »

If I thought my Old car would make the trip I'd meet you half way. It would be a fun drive. But I only drive the thing 10 miles a day. It's a 1999 ford with 100k miles. Breaking down would be a real PITA. Wish there was someway we could work this out. They are way to big and heavy to ship.

Steve

WireNut

« Reply #28 on: 15 Apr 2016, 11:00 pm »
I also started building a push pull subwoofer cabinet using the same Swan Hi/Vi W12 drivers. Two would be mounted in each cabinet. The front woofer would be facing outward as normal but the second woofer would be reversed, meaning the magnets would be facing each other, One cone would be facing outside and one cone would be facing inside the cabinet. This is known as a push pull cabinet. Not a lot of people or manufacturers make this cabinet. There are advantages and disadvantages of this. 

The advantages are less distortion and the specs of the push pull are more level and easily go down to 20hz or below no problem. I built one and tried it out. It is amazing. I have never heard anything rattle my house like this. Unfortunately I only finished one cabinet. The one cabinet I built can always be use as a mono sub with 2 W12 drivers.
The disadvantage is the way the drivers are wired. It will be about 91 db in push pull configuration rather then both drivers facing farward wired in parallel at 96 db. It's basically a trade off depending on what you want. Who ever buy's my loudspeakers can have this push pull cabinet for free. It took me a lot of time ,work and Epoxy to build it. I can't take it were I am moving to. You can build a second cabinet based on mine or just use one of them for a mono sub. If you build and second cabinets, look out, your neighborhood will hate you. They will most likely hate you with just one.

Here's a coupe pics of the push pull cab as I was working on it. Remember the Buyer of my loudspeakers will get this for free. I cannot use it. Here ya go.

You cannot tell by the pics that both W2's fit in the cabinet but they do. I planned and built this all on cadcam software and a mazak milling machine. Everything fits perfect.

Steve

WireNut

« Reply #29 on: 16 Apr 2016, 04:48 am »
Hey AC members. What is more important to me them money? Music. As a music lover from the 70's, and a drummer from the 80's to the 90's Music has always been in my blood.

Tonight, I listened to my top MTM cabinets thru the only amp I have left. A 30 year old pioneer integrated amp. I was blown away. They sounded so good I don't even need the bass cabinets at all. I got cold chills listening to them. Money was my main focus for awhile. But now I realize I would be miserable without my system. For the love of music I have decided to back out of the sale of my system. I hope you all understand.
I guess for now I will store them in my sisters basement.
Funny, my sister and my family doesn't get my passion for music.

Steve.

Hope you all understand.

Steve.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:06 pm by WireNut »

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #30 on: 16 Apr 2016, 01:37 pm »
Hey Now Steve,

PM sent with very nice headphone system offer.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #31 on: 16 Apr 2016, 01:49 pm »
Steve,

These must sound incredible - and only one grand?  :duh:

I hope Chris' PM works out for you.

Best of luck.

gfbl

« Reply #32 on: 18 Apr 2016, 11:37 am »
steve if you decided to ship i would be interested

WireNut

« Reply #33 on: 18 Apr 2016, 05:50 pm »
steve if you decided to ship i would be interested

There is no way I can ship these. They are way to big and heavy.

Steve
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:17 pm by WireNut »

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #34 on: 18 Apr 2016, 08:48 pm »
Hey Now,

I have a one ton dually crew cab that can probably pick them up, just saying'  :thumb:

--
Finest kind,
Chris

WireNut

« Reply #35 on: 18 Apr 2016, 10:02 pm »
Hey Now,

I have a one ton dually crew cab that can probably pick them up, just saying'  :thumb:

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Yeap I think that will do it. I'll get in touch with you tomorrow if possible.

Steve
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:05 pm by WireNut »

gfbl

« Reply #36 on: 19 Apr 2016, 11:02 am »
whoever gets these will be very lucky, i really hope they do a review.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #37 on: 19 Apr 2016, 06:02 pm »
ccklone (Chris), along with his wife, just left my house after a minor transaction. Super nice people. If he gets those speakers I may invite myself to his place for a listen.  :)

WireNut

« Reply #38 on: 30 Apr 2016, 06:34 pm »
Bottom push-pull bass cabs in the works using the same Swan HiVi W12 woofers 2 per side.
Use them as is, in the 2 drivers per box facing forward configuration, or use the single pushpull cabinet
in a mono sub with 2 mains configuration.
For a ultimate 4 box system for these drivers, build the second puch-pull bass cabinet channel as should in the pics.
As you can see, This system has a lot or possibilities.
I like it this way. So much fun and excitement can be had from this system.
I little bit of DIY on your part for the push-pull subs will privide a killer system at any price IMO.

Steve

Push pull bass response.

W12 woofer being mounted inside the a push-pull cab.

How it will look with finished Push pull bass cabs and top MTM cabs.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:24 pm by WireNut »

WireNut

« Reply #39 on: 30 Apr 2016, 07:07 pm »
My updated price for my 4 box system as seen in the pics, With the addition of the DBX 223XS active crossover, all cables needed for an unbalanced setup or balanced setup, plus the single push-pull bass cabinet for $1500.00 total.

Guy's this is a killer deal. I'm going into an apartment and retiring. I can't take this system with me. Either I sell it or it will be inherited.
I can't do trades, I need the cash. I promise you will not be sorry.

Check my feedback on audiogon and usaudiomart under the user name sjcinci.

Thanks,
Steve

How it will look when both puss-pull bass cabs are finished / primered with the top MTM cabs.

Current setup:

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 08:18 pm by WireNut »