Greetings From Windsor Ontario!

Test4echo

Greetings From Windsor Ontario!
« on: 26 Apr 2020, 05:13 pm »
Hello Everyone!

I have a Pair of Older Paradigm Studio 60 V1's I've had forvever. Just looking to either upgrade them or replace them. Also, the Studio Reference Center.

Like most I don't have 15 grand t0 spend on the Prestige line, so just here wondering if DYI is the way to go and if they compare to speakers such as Paradigm.

Heres to a new adventure!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Greetings From Windsor Ontario!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2020, 05:20 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:
If you dont want pay top cash and have in return commercial grade loudspeakers DIY is the only way you can have a decent quality/value for your money.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2020, 05:24 pm »
Hello.. :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2020, 05:41 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

I think you best bet is to replace them and establish a budget of how much you're willing to spend. You could go DIY, but depending on your budget there might be better options...

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2020, 08:04 pm »
Howzit goin’ eh?

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2020, 08:35 pm »
Welcome!

Test4echo

« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2020, 08:51 pm »
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Well, Ive been reading alot about GR reaserch and Danny mentioned he upgraded a pair of Paradigm Studio 60's previously. That caught my interest. Don't know which version he was talking about, but, if I can upgrade the crossovers in these things and apply some reso, might be worth it.

But, if they are just too old to help,  then perhaps something GR reasech offers as a DIY kit may be better. Don't care so much about cabinet finish as much as SQ.

Perhaps, I can Keep the Cabinets, just replace drivers/crossovers?

witchdoctor

« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2020, 01:12 am »
Hello Everyone!

I have a Pair of Older Paradigm Studio 60 V1's I've had forvever. Just looking to either upgrade them or replace them. Also, the Studio Reference Center.

Like most I don't have 15 grand t0 spend on the Prestige line, so just here wondering if DYI is the way to go and if they compare to speakers such as Paradigm.

Heres to a new adventure!

Have you tried bi-amping them?

If you want to replace them check the harmanaudio website . They run blow out deals frequently and the new Infinity and JBL speakers are fantastic. Floyd Toole worked with both companies :thumb: