Interpreting Studio Six Audio Tools Results?

ACHiPo

Interpreting Studio Six Audio Tools Results?
« on: 4 Jan 2015, 06:44 am »
I downloaded the Impulse Response (IR) module for Audio Tools.  I'd characterized my room using the base app FFT and ordered some traps and panels to get started.  Curiosity got the best of me, however, and I really wanted to see a baseline waterfall plot of my room.

I've taken a few different readings, and while the IR FFT and waterfalls confirmed lumpy bass response and a Helmholtz resonator for a closet, the frequency nulls and peaks are different between the two measurement methods (pink noise FFT and IR FFT).

I plan to collect some more curves tomorrow, but would appreciate any guidance you have on which graphs to believe more.

ACHiPo

Re: Interpreting Studio Six Audio Tools Results?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2015, 10:16 pm »
Here's the FFT of pink noise showing fairly flat response from 300 Hz to ~10kHz. 

Here's the Impulse Response of the same position with everything as close to the same as possible.

Obviously the scales are different, but I'm more intrigued by the difference in bass ringing/modes.  The waterfall performance seems decent, but there is some ringing at ~70Hz for ~800mS.