Dodd Audio Selectable Gain Preamp - SOLD!

maldeguerre

Dodd Audio Selectable Gain Preamp - SOLD!
« on: 7 Mar 2014, 02:29 pm »
Greetings - My Dodd preamp is up for sale, as I'm due to receive a Red Wine Audio Signature 57 this coming week. I purchased this fine piece from Gary Dodd back in September of last year, and according to Gary it came directly from his personal home system. The unit is scratch/blemish free and in fine working order. The date etched on the back of the unit reads April 2013, so Gary only put enough time on it to 'ease it in' for me. I'm including the $200 NOS Russian 6H30p-dr 'super tube' I purchased from Upscale Audio, as well as a HiFiTuning Supreme upgrade fuse, the CTEK 3300 charger that Gary recommends, and the power connect cable. Asking price includes UPS ground service, insured, to anywhere in the 'lower 48', but sorry NO international sales. Payment by money order, 'cleared' personal check, or PayPal accepted - add an additional $25 to cover a portion of PayPal fee. Here's a 'cut and paste' of the listing from the Dodd Audio website that I responded to, PLEASE take note of the Mundorf SIO capacitors:

Details:
Black with Silver Knobs
Includes 2 inputs and 2 sets of outputs
Remote Volume Control
Elecro-Harmonix 6H30 Gold Pin Tube
Power cable and connector supplied
Select-able gain control
PRP Resistors in Potted module
Mundorf Silver/Oil caps (for the output caps)
2 amp "slow-blow" fuse

Dimensions:
8" Wide
9" Deep (10.25" including knobs and jacks on rear)
3.25" tall

What you need:
External 12 Volt Battery
Smart Battery Charger

Tips and Information:
Your brand new custom built select-able gain Preamp made and designed by DODD AUDIO is available to you at a fraction of the value. Listen for less and enjoy while sitting down with your remote volume control  which includes a 9 volt battery and is also hand made from machined Delrin composite plastic.

The Select-able Gain Control on your front panel will allow you to have ultimate unity gain - which is a true 1:1 you can select 6 db of gain if needed. You may even go to 12 db if necessary with this amazing unit. Tip: Mute the unit before switching the gain to eliminate a "pop" which is common when this does not happen. This unit is compact and does NOT get hot. As usual, all Cardas RCA's are Neutric power connections. Please contact us for the best recommendations for your external battery and smart charger if you do not already have one.

« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2014, 11:30 pm by maldeguerre »