Bonjour enabled hardware players?

boead

Bonjour enabled hardware players?
« on: 27 Aug 2008, 02:05 pm »
Most NAS boxes support Bonjour and iTunes. I have a few NAS’s in my office (50 +/- people) with all sorts of media on them. Bonjour for Windows enables Media Player and other software to access the media and obviously iTunes for music. People LOVE it , I archive about 100GB of music and many share it through the network from the NAS boxes.

Are there ANY hardeware players like the Slim devices that can ‘discover’ a Bonjour server and play the media? All the device I come across require some sort of computer to act as a server. Its stupid! More unnecessary hardware.
I like the Duet and the idea of streaming Sirius and other internet radio and the remote. I also like the idea of an all-in-one server/DAC solution for day to day listening.

I’ve been using PC’s as music servers in my home  for many years, currently an old LapTop >> USB/DAC and Windows Remote Desktop and my iPod Touch as a controller but am looking for something better.  If the Slim Device Duet would access my NAS’s media directly, I’d have it modified for quality and use its Analog out as an alternative source. Not replacing my Arcam FMJ, I love it too much but I’ve always had some sort of PC based music library for convenience.