Speaker stands

Cameron

Speaker stands
« on: 8 Jan 2011, 04:17 pm »
Hello, I was wondering what was being used with the Hoyt-Bedford entry level speakers. I thought the Target HS-50' would match up well.

Louis O

Re: Speaker stands
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2011, 12:06 am »
Hi Cameron,

I use the Lovan Jazz 18 and the other is Sound Anchor.

The Lovan is between $150 and $200 search around. The Sound Anchors are more and many to choose from.

Thanks,
Louis

CharlesWard

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2013, 01:48 pm »
Any other suggestions for stands that would complement a pair of Type 1's really well?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2013, 08:58 pm »
Yes, there is.  The Hoyt-Bedford Type .5 Risers will work fine with the Type 1 and look very nice while doing it.
See link: http://www.hoytbedfordspeakers.com/type.5riser.html

doctorcilantro

« Reply #4 on: 7 Mar 2013, 07:54 am »
Curious about the stands. They have the ports tuned? Is there a chamber you can fill with sand or similar?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2013, 04:54 pm »
Yes, they can be filled with various media from cat litter, to sand, to crushed glass used for sand blasting.  Experimentation is the key.  I would take the path of least resistance; start with them empty and try with and without the port plug, and then move on from there with the ballast if you are not satisfied with the sound.

CR

mnilan

« Reply #6 on: 5 Sep 2014, 05:46 pm »
Skylan 18" four post stands.  Sand fillable and very stable.

FireGuy

« Reply #7 on: 5 Sep 2014, 06:38 pm »
Skylan 18" four post stands.  Sand fillable and very stable.

I have heard the HB Type 1's....very remarkable.  And I thought Axiom Audio was the cost-radio champ.  My Goodness!!!!

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 9 Sep 2014, 05:12 pm »
mnilan brings up a good suggestion with the Skylan four posters (Noel at Skylan says cat litter is the best ballast, and not to use sand).  They are not cheap but IMO the Hoyt-Bedford Type One is grossly underpriced (like all Omegas) and easily worthy of such a stand.

5 - 6 years ago I built a set of Skylan copies and they have served me well over the years.  They are filled with cat litter, and any speaker I put on them sounds great.  Currently I have Super 3is on them (see poor picture) in a large room and I have never heard that speaker sound so good.  I am waiting for a pair of Skylan four posters for my Alnico Monitors and hope to post listening impressions on the Omega circle.