Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

arthurs

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #620 on: 25 Apr 2010, 01:00 pm »
Chris Botti a couple of Thursday's ago at Nokia in Grand Prairie.
He's not just smooth jazz and the band was incredible.
Their next gig in Dallas will be at the Morton Myerson to play with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
Really looking forward to that one! :thumb:

Hey Jeff!  When is he at the Myerson?  I'll have to be sure and go to that...

Captain Humble

« Reply #621 on: 25 Apr 2010, 01:19 pm »

Hey Art.
Sorry, I don't recall the date.  :duh:
I just checked tour dates on his website and it only goes through November.
http://www.chrisbotti.com

I'll shoot you a text message when it's announced.

nature boy

« Reply #622 on: 25 Apr 2010, 01:22 pm »
Joe Bonamassa at the Grand Opera House.  He was fantastic :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

NB

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #623 on: 25 Apr 2010, 05:05 pm »
Last night at the Blue Note (NYC) I saw Michel Camilo.  This was the best he has ever bee IMO.

TONEPUB

« Reply #624 on: 25 Apr 2010, 05:09 pm »
Jonsi in Portland two weeks ago
Ratt in Los Angeles last week Tues
Shelby Lynne in Portland tomorrow
Pat Metheny in Portland on Wed
Decemberists in Seattle on Friday
Peter Gabriel at Hollywood bowl May 7

Captain Humble

« Reply #625 on: 26 Apr 2010, 12:58 pm »
Art, Michelle remembers Botti saying he will be at the Morton Meyerson in March of 2011.

I remember him saying he plays over 300 concerts per year.  Now that's a road warrior.

arthurs

« Reply #626 on: 26 Apr 2010, 02:15 pm »
Art, Michelle remembers Botti saying he will be at the Morton Meyerson in March of 2011.

I remember him saying he plays over 300 concerts per year.  Now that's a road warrior.

Sweet!  We'll have to make an evening of it!

I'm planning on driving down to Austin in June to see Pink Martini again, this time with the Austin Symphony Orchestra.....they really were that good.

schw06

« Reply #627 on: 26 Apr 2010, 03:04 pm »
Ben Harper with Relentless 7 is on tour and played for 2 and 1/2 hours including a cover of "under Pressure" by Bowie/Queen and "Good Times, Bad Times" by Led Zeppelin. My ears are still ringing today but this is a must see show for anyone that even remotely has an interest in his music.
David

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #628 on: 26 Apr 2010, 03:48 pm »
Jonsi in Portland two weeks ago
Ratt in Los Angeles last week Tues
Shelby Lynne in Portland tomorrow
Pat Metheny in Portland on Wed
Decemberists in Seattle on Friday
Peter Gabriel at Hollywood bowl May 7
Jeff, how was Jonsi by himself? I saw Sigur Ros in Chicago @ The Chicago Theater a couple of years back and they rocked!! I think the ticket prices were like $40 and worth every penny.

Captain Humble

« Reply #629 on: 26 Apr 2010, 04:14 pm »
Sweet!  We'll have to make an evening of it!

I'm planning on driving down to Austin in June to see Pink Martini again, this time with the Austin Symphony Orchestra.....they really were that good.
Art,
When is Pink Martini playing in Austin?
If they were good enough for you to drive to Austin we may make a road trip as well.
I'm tied up the first weekend in June but the rest of June looks good.
Thanks,
Jeff

arthurs

« Reply #630 on: 26 Apr 2010, 05:12 pm »
Art,
When is Pink Martini playing in Austin?
If they were good enough for you to drive to Austin we may make a road trip as well.
I'm tied up the first weekend in June but the rest of June looks good.
Thanks,
Jeff

June 11 and 12.  We'll likely go for the 12th.  Ping me if you guys decide to head down there, we'll grab some food and drinks before/after/both....

Scottdazzle

« Reply #631 on: 2 May 2010, 03:31 am »
Graham Parker and the Figgs at Jammin' Java tonight.
Like a lot of veteran performers with a deep catalog of music to draw on, he treats the audience to a lot of his best songs and a few from the new album.  Recommended if you like no frills good songs with smart lyrics.  This picture is not from his latest.  I just like it a lot.

Mike Nomad

« Reply #632 on: 2 May 2010, 03:35 am »
A couple of weeks ago at the Continental Club - Houston's Best Ska Band, The Suspects.

wje

« Reply #633 on: 2 May 2010, 04:07 am »
Graham Parker and the Figgs at Jammin' Java tonight.
Like a lot of veteran performers with a deep catalog of music to draw on, he treats the audience to a lot of his best songs and a few from the new album.  Recommended if you like no frills good songs with smart lyrics.  This picture is not from his latest.  I just like it a lot.

Very nice.  I need to make it over there.  I tried to convince my wife that we could still get some last minute tickets to tonight's show at the State Theater in Falls Church to see Taj Mahal.  She didn't approve of me dropping it on her at the last minute.  In reality, I asked her a month ago - but, procrastinated on buying the tickets at the time.  :duh:

Crimson

« Reply #634 on: 6 May 2010, 06:25 pm »
Saw Peter Gabriel this past Monday at Radio City, one of three shows in the US. In a word, powerful. He was backed by a 90-piece orchestra.

sts9fan

« Reply #635 on: 9 May 2010, 09:08 pm »
Went to two concerts last night. The first was Dirty Projectors with The Phenomonal Handclap Band and the second was EOTO.

Dp played very well be the vocal
mix on the girls was not the best. Overall it sounded good but not the best u have seen them. I love this band.  I would like to see them play over and hour and twenty mins sometime though.

EOTO was pumpin out the D+B real dirty like. Two thumbs up. 

WGH

« Reply #636 on: 9 May 2010, 09:15 pm »
The Portland Cello Project performed a free concert at the restored Fox Theater last night as part of the 2nd Saturdays Downtown. PCP's shows are an eclectic mix of classical and rock, last night they collaborated with Tucson based singer-songwriter Howe Gelb (Giant Sand) for an inspired and entertaining evening.

Wayne

BobM

« Reply #637 on: 15 May 2010, 03:11 am »
Just got back from seeing Kenny Loggins live at Westbury Music fair on LI. I don't care how often I see him. He's got one of the best voices I've ever heard, even at his current age. Great show. Very engaging and a true sing along on every song.

Bob

Bear

« Reply #638 on: 15 May 2010, 09:13 pm »
Saw a girl from Nashville, Jill King,  at The Cove restaurant in San Antonio, TX last night, she was playing acoustic guitar and singing with an Australian girl that  she is touring with who played electric guitar.

Very good live.  The latest cd has a more produced country vibe.  Very different from her live performance.

I talked to her for a while, very nice and down to earth, originally a preachers daughter from alabama.

worth buying:
www.JillKing.com
Happy Listening, Shane.

sts9fan

« Reply #639 on: 16 May 2010, 09:24 pm »
Going to see Sphongle tonight!!  Should be untz-untz-tastic.