Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

jackman

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #540 on: 23 Jan 2010, 08:08 pm »
Congrats Chappy.  I was never a fan of Clapton until I saw him play guitar for Roger Waters when Waters toured (a million years ago) after Pink Floyd broke up.  I'm a huge Gilmour fan but Clapton's interpretation of the Pink Floyd songs was amazing.  I became a fan instantly. 

I'm sure it will be a great show and look forward to your comments.

J

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #541 on: 23 Jan 2010, 08:11 pm »
Well, last night, I bought two 6th row, center-stage floor tickets for Eric Clapton in KC on 3/3.  Didn't even know he was coming until last night, so I had to pay a premium for these. . . :roll:  But, I'm a big fan, so I'm sure it'll be worth it.  :dance:

Will be my 3rd time seeing Clapton.  Last time was in 2002 or 2003.

Paul

With Roger Daltrey..... 8)

thebearded1

« Reply #542 on: 23 Jan 2010, 09:25 pm »
Ray Lamontagne was excellent...he just belts out every song with everything he's got...he's got a good banter between songs too....sort of Neil Young like...the beacon is a fun place to see a show...no bad seats....

Ruby Mae

« Reply #543 on: 24 Jan 2010, 05:10 am »
Ray Lamontagne was excellent...he just belts out every song with everything he's got...he's got a good banter between songs too....sort of Neil Young like...the beacon is a fun place to see a show...no bad seats....

I'm sorry I missed that show. I love the Beacon and I really like Ray Lamontagne. What was I thinking  :?  :duh:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #544 on: 25 Jan 2010, 11:33 pm »

went to see Lenny Kaye At Main street Jukebox., The Local Record Store, The young Lady painted Lenny why he played  :thumb:

Thank' Mandy,  for the Pic.  :wink:

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #545 on: 26 Jan 2010, 12:01 am »

went to see Lenny Kaye At Main street Jukebox., The Local Record Store, The young Lady painted Lenny why he played  :thumb:

Thank' Mandy,  for the Pic.  :wink:

performance art.  :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #546 on: 26 Jan 2010, 04:59 pm »
RUSTED ROOT   NEW YEARS EVE     :drool: :thumb:
Pittsburgh Pa.
They kind of muffed the countdown   but the show was outstanding !! Always fun to bring in the New Year with one of your favorite bands.
If you never heard them check them out online or buy one of their cd's. Great tribal rock jam band :green: and ALWAYS fantastic in concert !!
Todd

rockadanny

« Reply #547 on: 1 Feb 2010, 12:48 pm »
Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC, Jazz (and snow) Weekend was great!
Jazz throughout the days (Fri-Sun) in the lobby by GPI All-Stars and various local groups.
Fri night concert: Cyrus Chestnut Trio and John Pizzarelli Quartet.
Sat night concert: Bucky & John Pizzarelli and David Sanborn with Joey DeFrancesco.

Excellent music and venue. To be snowed in at a top notch resort all weekend (12" on Fri/Sat) with wonderful music ... sort of like heaven I imagine.  :thumb:

smargo

« Reply #548 on: 1 Feb 2010, 01:05 pm »
last month i saw the "nutcracker" at the academy of music in phila - while not a big fan of the nutcracker suite in general - the sound was to die from - played by the philadelphia orchestra

The acoustics in that venue are phenomenal!

sts9fan

« Reply #549 on: 1 Feb 2010, 01:45 pm »
Friday we went to see moe. at the Boston HOB which is always fun.  They rocked out pretty good with a bunch of their jammier classics such as "Bring it Back Home", "Mexico" and "Happy Hour Hero".  The crowd was ok for a sold out event.  I personally really like the new HOB.

Saturday we went to Ani Difranco at Showcase Live in Foxboro MA.  First I will say that the venue has great sound but thats all thats good.  I guess the layout is fine but going to see a show at a giant mall is weird to me.  Especially an Ani show.  She actually commented on it which was funny.  Another funny thing was we walked in without our tickets being checked.
Anywhoo she played a generally mellow show with some good rockin momwents such as "Swan Dive" and "Shameless"(personal fave).  It was actually the longest Ani show I have ever been to clocking in at over 90min.  If I was to ever criticize Ani it would be for her short shows.
Leaving the venue I said I would never skip a show because it was at Showcase LIve but I sure don't hope for shows there. 

stlrman

« Reply #550 on: 5 Feb 2010, 05:48 pm »
Sean Jones   :thumb:   WOW!!!!!!       Pittsburgh at Little E's  every Tuesday evening
While his bravado is often compared to that of trumpeter Freddie Hubbard, he also combines the purity and articulation of Clifford Brown and the harmonic range of Woody Shaw.

"The kid has range, power and a unique ability to improvise," said legendary saxophonist Jimmy Heath from his home in New York. "He has the ability to give you a great solo the first time he reads your music. And he has the chops. In my experience, people like Art Farmer and Joe Henderson were able to do that. You could give them a set of changes, and they could quickly set an atmosphere for the music. Sean is with them. He's a quick thinker.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06144/692508-42.stm#ixzz0egRDF44p
Todd

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #551 on: 9 Feb 2010, 04:12 pm »
I should prolly make this a separate thread...but....has anyone heard about the new Keith Emerson tour (supposedly with Greg Lake)?  My regular local concert email alerts sent me something today that says Keith will be at a local auditorium (Lakewood Civic Auditorium, a HS auditorium where I recently saw Wilco, Lyle Lovett,,etc) but when I went to the ticket site they want $115 per tick for the front section!!!!  Huh??  And it's like $60 for the second section and $39 for the nosebleed.  Nothing wrong with the last price, but Keith is NOT a headliner anymore!  I paid like $40 for Wilco for any set in the house!!  And why I'm asking here is cuz the last I'd heard Keith and his old band had canceled a 2009 tour due to Keith's deteriorated right hand (nerve damage)!!     :scratch:

Anyway, if anyone has info lemme know.  Thx

P.S  Saw Rickie Lee Jones (with bass virtuoso Rob Wasserman) in Pittsburgh last month.  Small crowd but great show!!

BobM

« Reply #552 on: 9 Feb 2010, 04:26 pm »
Not a lot of love for what these guys are doing lately. They just reissued "3 to the power of three" which was a 1988 release, and people are seeing why noone ever heard of the album before. It basically sucks from all reviews. For a group that was definitely on the front line in the day they sure aren't capitalizing on the popularity of the old stuff as much as many other groups are.

On another note, I took my daughter to a show this weekend as part of her birthday present (she's turning 17). Saw The Musical Box. Yup, she's an old Genesis fan and that's what this band does best ... recreate the original Genesis shows. They were featuring the Trick of the Tail album, but also played quite a few other gems. My daughter was actually crying for the entire Suppers Ready song, because that's her favorite song and she never thought she would get to hear it live.

I got a big hug after the show with an exclaimation "that's the best birthday gift ever". I guess I hit it right this time 'round. 

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #553 on: 9 Feb 2010, 04:39 pm »
Not a lot of love for what these guys are doing lately. They just reissued "3 to the power of three" which was a 1988 release, and people are seeing why noone ever heard of the album before. It basically sucks from all reviews. For a group that was definitely on the front line in the day they sure aren't capitalizing on the popularity of the old stuff as much as many other groups are.

On another note, I took my daughter to a show this weekend as part of her birthday present (she's turning 17). Saw The Musical Box. Yup, she's an old Genesis fan and that's what this band does best ... recreate the original Genesis shows. They were featuring the Trick of the Tail album, but also played quite a few other gems. My daughter was actually crying for the entire Suppers Ready song, because that's her favorite song and she never thought she would get to hear it live.

I got a big hug after the show with an exclaimation "that's the best birthday gift ever". I guess I hit it right this time 'round.

Saw them do the Lamb tour a few years ago, and it was at the same venue I saw the original 35 yrs earlier (within a few rows I think).  The Musical Box rendition was incredible, as was their non-Lamb encore (Watcher of the Skies).

BobM

« Reply #554 on: 9 Feb 2010, 05:05 pm »
Got to love their dedication to the old stuff that you just won't ever hear Genesis play anymore, except maybe in a medley. Then right back to the Phil Collins show.

TONEPUB

« Reply #555 on: 9 Feb 2010, 05:10 pm »
Chris Botti last Friday, Front row seats for Wilco tonight....

Demarche

« Reply #556 on: 12 Feb 2010, 03:54 am »
WILCO at the Schnitz on Tuesday night. Great show, Peter Buck & Scott McCaughey joined them on stage for California Stars during the encore.

musiclovesryan

« Reply #557 on: 18 Feb 2010, 07:39 pm »
I saw Halifax at the Roxy...but I didn't actually get to stay for them. I was really sick. :(

orthobiz

« Reply #558 on: 20 Feb 2010, 08:37 am »
St. Vincent tonite at the Crofoot. A great venue in Pontiac, MI. Too bad it's 3 hrs from my house! Had my 15 year old daughter and her friend, too. And I wasn't even the oldest guy there! Show was pretty good, not a life-changer, but worthwhile.

Paul

Scottdazzle

« Reply #559 on: 20 Feb 2010, 04:31 pm »

A Valentine's Day extravaganza!   :eyebrows:
The band was good, too.  A tight and greasy 5 piece band.