Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

BobM

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #500 on: 8 Oct 2009, 12:33 pm »
Going to see Renaissance this Friday evening with my two daughters (13 and 16). They love this music as much as I do.

http://www.anniehaslam.com/ah_concerts.html

Hicks

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #501 on: 8 Oct 2009, 07:11 pm »
Bob Dylan at the Memorial Coliseum in Portland last night.

Great to finally see him and he played a lot of big guns, Ballad of a Thin Man, Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat, All Along the Watchtower, Like a Rolling Stone.

Dude still has it! 

toobluvr

« Reply #502 on: 8 Oct 2009, 07:31 pm »
Going to see Renaissance this Friday evening with my two daughters (13 and 16). They love this music as much as I do.

http://www.anniehaslam.com/ah_concerts.html

OMG....Renaissance!   They still alive!?    :lol:

40th Anniversay Tour!      :o

Damn Bob, we be gettin old!!

GregC

« Reply #503 on: 10 Oct 2009, 08:17 pm »
My wife and I saw the Twinkle Brothers at Moes Alley in Santa Cruz on 9/27/09 and we are going to see Dark Star Orchestra tomorrow night in Santa Cruz (where they will be doing an acoustic show).

I'll be at the Dark Star show also.

Len, how did you like the show?  It was laid back and extremely enjoyable.  They pulled out some rarities.

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #504 on: 10 Oct 2009, 08:44 pm »
My wife and I saw the Twinkle Brothers at Moes Alley in Santa Cruz on 9/27/09 and we are going to see Dark Star Orchestra tomorrow night in Santa Cruz (where they will be doing an acoustic show).

Len, how did you like the show?  It was laid back and extremely enjoyable.  They pulled out some rarities.

Greg, loved it. I was expecting one set of acoustic music and was pleasantly surprised when the whole night was acoustic.

GregC

« Reply #505 on: 10 Oct 2009, 09:27 pm »

Greg, loved it. I was expecting one set of acoustic music and was pleasantly surprised when the whole night was acoustic.

I am glad you enjoyed the show.  I was excited when I saw DSO was going to do an all acoustic show and I did expect two sets.  I first introduced my wife to DSO the last day of ski season at Copper Mountain where they did a free show at the Village. 

My wife and I got some sushi before the show at Naka Japan on 41st and then were treated to that awesome show.  Needless to say, a night to remember.  :D

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #506 on: 24 Oct 2009, 12:26 pm »
OPEN WINGS - BROKEN STRINGS

featuring Eddie Kowalczyk of LIVE, Art Alexakis of Everclear, and Leigh Nash of Six Pence None The Richer

All three of them joked and talked  between songs which was a treat. Leigh Nash  asked if we could see her underwear because she forgot her slip,  Art Alexakis  spent a little bit time explaining where or why  he wrote each song that i liked because i am always curious were the inspiration comes from.   

I thought they were going to perform together but they came out one at a time and performed about 1 hour each acoustic gutar

The venue was an old movie theater very personal and up close

Leigh Nash started the show off with an  A Capella rendition of Leonard Cohen's Famous blue raincoat and made a new fan right there Really good voice

Art Alexakis of everclear who's music i'm not that familiar with but the crowd all 300 seemed to know  smoothed through an acoustic set of everclear's hits  and one from the new evewrclear album that's coming out

Eddie Kowalczyk - What can i say been a live for years, don't play it as much as i used to but this reminded me what a great song writer he is.  His voice was in fine form i don't think he's lost a thing over the years. It was an acoustic greatest hits He also has a new solo album coming out that i'm looking forward to.

If you get a chance catch this tour 

ED

s_cervin

« Reply #507 on: 26 Oct 2009, 11:33 pm »
10/25
Gov't Mule w/ Jackie Greene
Royal Oak Music Hall
Royal Oak, MI

Was looking forward to seeing Warren and Matt last night and I wasn't totally blown away.  It was a good show, not a great show.  The setlist was better than average, but I'm not sold on Jorgen the latest bassist.

If you have not seen or heard Jackie Greene....check him out.  Last night was the first I've seen of him and had only heard maybe a handful of tunes and liked his short set.  Very Dylan/The Band like.  The Scarlet Begonias was however a little too local bar cover like.  I will try and catch him the next time he comes through.

SC 

polar316

« Reply #508 on: 2 Nov 2009, 09:40 pm »
Went to the Boston Symphony Orchestra a few weekends back. They were performing Beethoven's 1st symphony. I have not been to any live music since I started considering myself an audiophile (with the purchase of my system). It was incredible. I sat through post intermission without opening my eyes once, I can't wait to get front row tickets.

Demarche

« Reply #509 on: 7 Nov 2009, 06:23 am »
White Rabbits - last night at Berbati's Pan. Britt Daniel (of Spoon) joined them for an encore of Instant Karma. Good show, although the sound was a bit muddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IClBpch9vmM

They had an LA band with them call Local Natives who were also very good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuljnrCfBNw

Ruby Mae

« Reply #510 on: 7 Nov 2009, 07:07 am »
Keb Mo at the Music Hall in Tarrytown this Friday night. He is awesome live...a very cool dude indeed  8)  Great mix of old and new, the vintage hall had nice sound and as an added bonus Keb stayed after the show to autograph cds. I had a great time.   :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #511 on: 8 Nov 2009, 09:42 pm »
Agree !! aa Rusted Root puts on a fantastic show always!! Will be seeing them New Years Eve. Pittsburgh, Carnegie Music Hall  Homestead . Come join the party !! :D

Saw Ray LaMontagne at Tower Theater in Phila.   Great sounding hall. Ray sounded powerful and very soulful !! He changed the song arrangement enough to keep the music fresh and interesting. Really an awesome show !!! :thumb: I recommend him live !!  His albums are fantastic as well. Till The Sun Turns Black is very good with fantastic audio quality !!

Ruby Mae

« Reply #512 on: 9 Nov 2009, 03:26 am »
Lyle Lovett & His Large BandBeacon Theater - November 4, 2009

Pantry Video

should have put the beer down when filming  :lol:

toobluvr

« Reply #513 on: 17 Nov 2009, 01:23 am »
Blue Rodeo
Mercury Lounge,  NYC
Saturday, November 14th
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2009, 05:57 am by toobluvr »

vinyl_lady

« Reply #514 on: 17 Nov 2009, 05:10 am »
Ian Anderson performing an acoustic set of Jethro Tull last night to a sold out audience at the Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox in Spokane. The venue is the home of the Spokane Symphony. It is a beautiful art deco theater that was completely refurbished on the inside and a new sound system, etc. Seats 1,600 and not a bad seat in the house. Great acoustics too. Here's a link to the venue: http://www.foxtheaterspokane.com/

Anderson was accompanied by 5 incredible musicians - Meena Bhasin on the viola; John O'Hara on the accordian, celeste and piano; Florian Opahle on acoustic guitar; David Goodier on acoustic bass; Mark Mondesir on drums and percussion; and of course, Ian on acoustic mandolin, flute and harmonica. Absolutely beautiful music. Anderson is very personable and quite entertaining between songs. He allowed the other musicians to have center stage at various times. Lots of favorites from Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung; War Child; Songs from the Wood plus some of his solo recordings. Two & 1/2 hours split by a 15 minute break (he told us that as he has grown older he has to go more often) :lol: The accordian was the primary keyboard instrument thorughout the show. Anderson went back and forth between his mandolin and flute. Florian is 26 and was an incredible guitarist--classicly trained. On Aqualung, each musician played the opening bars (sitting on a park bench) without the vocals separated by much improvising and then after about what seemed like 10 minutes, Anderson moved to his mic and belted out "Seating on a park bench" to a loud applause. It was a very cool version as were the renditions of My God and Locomotive Breath.

It was one of the most enjoyable concerts I've been to. I talked to my friend who owns our local indie record store and he said everyone who came in the store today was talking about the concert.

:thumb: :thumb:

Laura

sts9fan

« Reply #515 on: 17 Nov 2009, 01:13 pm »
Went to see The Egg on 11/05 here in Boston.
http://www.myspace.com/theeggmusic
Going to see The Dirty Projectors tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMPF6lpM0XM

vinyl_lady

« Reply #516 on: 17 Nov 2009, 02:57 pm »
The concert T shirt from Ian Anderson

jimdgoulding

« Reply #517 on: 17 Nov 2009, 04:22 pm »
Vienna Teng in Houston.  Fabulous live show.  See her when she comes to your hood.

sts9fan

« Reply #518 on: 19 Nov 2009, 05:55 pm »
Going to see The Felice Brothers tonight in Boston

Ruby Mae

« Reply #519 on: 19 Nov 2009, 05:59 pm »
Going to see The Felice Brothers tonight in Boston

should be a good show although they are much, much better when Simone is drumming.   :thumb: