Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #220 on: 30 Apr 2007, 12:05 am »
hey

just saw dave & tim last week at radio city music hall and they kicked ass.they played two acoustic geetars and the sound was perfect.

radio city is one of the best sounding if not the best sounding place in new york city.i have seen concerts in just about every place in the city and their is something about this place since it has be re-done that just sounds right.

couple of months back i saw david gilmore and it was one of the best sounding concerts i have every seen and i have seen alot of shows.

if you ever get a chance go see a show there

Good to hear that Dave and Tim are still doing their acoustic tours.   :guitar:

I saw them play Eisenhower Hall (West Point) years ago and half way through an already kick ass set, John Popper of Blues Traveler comes out and starts jamming with them - simply AWESOME!!!   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

George

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #221 on: 30 Apr 2007, 02:43 am »
hey

just saw dave & tim last week at radio city music hall and they kicked ass.they played two acoustic geetars and the sound was perfect.

radio city is one of the best sounding if not the best sounding place in new york city.i have seen concerts in just about every place in the city and their is something about this place since it has be re-done that just sounds right.

couple of months back i saw david gilmore and it was one of the best sounding concerts i have every seen and i have seen alot of shows.

Good to hear that Dave and Tim are still doing their acoustic tours.   :guitar:

I saw them play Eisenhower Hall (West Point) years ago and half way through an already kick ass set, John Popper of Blues Traveler comes out and starts jamming with them - simply AWESOME!!!   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

George

"We are pleased to announce that the Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds April 22, 2007 show at Radio City Music Hall in New York, New York will soon be released on both CD and DVD! This would be the first official Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds release since the 1999 double CD set: Live at Luther College."..... :thumb:

tvyankee

« Reply #222 on: 30 Apr 2007, 03:02 am »
hey

i already have both

if you nice i will show it to you at the next rave.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #223 on: 30 Apr 2007, 03:05 am »
hey

i already have both

if you nice i will show it to you at the next rave.
I'm always nice..... :lol: Thanks Dave !! :thumb:

mcrespo71

« Reply #224 on: 30 Apr 2007, 03:34 am »
hey

When did they redo the acoustics of Radio City?  I think the last concert I saw there was a little over a year ago, but I can't recall thinking to myself, this sound is amazing.  The only time I've said that was when I saw Jewel and Ani Di Franco at Carnegie Hall.

mjosef

« Reply #225 on: 30 Apr 2007, 04:21 am »
Isn't Bjork playing Radio City Music Hall next week Wednesday? Thought I read that somewhere...

lonewolfny42

« Reply #226 on: 30 Apr 2007, 04:26 am »
Isn't Bjork playing Radio City Music Hall next week Wednesday? Thought I read that somewhere...
Yes....Wed. May 2nd..... :thumb:

gongos

« Reply #227 on: 30 Apr 2007, 02:13 pm »
In the last 2 weeks:

The Stooges
Peeping Tom
Xiu Xiu
Blonde Redhead
Jarvis Cocker

ooheadsoo

« Reply #228 on: 6 May 2007, 04:33 am »
Drove up to San Francisco to see Hiromi.  Stops my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYBRfi_t3FA

GregC

« Reply #229 on: 6 May 2007, 07:32 pm »
Elton John - Las Vegas, NV (4/7)
Dark Star Orchestra (4/15) - Copper Mountain, CO - free show for the last day of ski season

Both the shows were fantastic with a good crowd energy.

Upcoming:

Police - Denver, CO (6/10)
Roger Waters - Omaha, NE (6/30)
ABBA - The Tour - Morrison, CO (7/27)
Jethro Tull - Denver, CO (10/10)

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #230 on: 11 May 2007, 12:41 am »
Wednesdays in the park down town New Orleans, The Radiators playing that great fish head funk.

jon_010101

« Reply #231 on: 11 May 2007, 01:16 am »
Arcade Fire at Tower Theater  :thumb:

ekovalsky

« Reply #232 on: 12 May 2007, 03:10 am »
Loreena McKennitt in Scottsdale 5/9/2007. 

What can I say, she is brilliant, her sound has not changed much over the years but that is not a bad thing at all.  I feel fortunate for the opportunity to catch her during a very rare live tour.  All the musicians travelling with her were incredibly good, particularly the guitarist, cellist, and violinist.  She played a few songs from her most recent album, overall it was a good mix covering her entire discography.

Sound was so-so as this was an outdoor event.  I bought the limited edition concert DVD (not yet available in the retail channels, only for sale at concerts or for $$$ on Ebay) and it sounds "better than live" on my home system.  Well produced live music/concert DVDs recorded with 24bit/48khz or 24bit/96khz PCM sound so great, and the players so ubiquitous and inexpensive (the Oppo is decent and dirt cheap), it makes me wonder why DVD-V never really developed as an improved format for music over Redbook.  On that note, I have of late been ripping the Redbook audio off my favorite CDs, increasing the .wav files to 24 bit depth then resampling at 96khz with Sound Forge, then burning the files as music DVDs using Audio DVD Creator.  These can hold several hours of music with a decent step up in quality compared with CD-Rs...  in my opinion oversampling is best done on a PC during the archiving process, not in real time during playback of a spinning disk.  And by increasing bit depth from 16 to 24, rounding or aliasing errors caused by resampling are basically eliminated.

chrisby

« Reply #233 on: 20 May 2007, 10:16 pm »
add another vote for Loreena McKennitt

May 19 '07, Victoria BC  - the final date of their current international tour - this is one very tight band of eclectic Celtic-inspired gypsies, and after 3 or 4 months on the road they appeared to even sweat in time with each other.

I've attended more than a few musical and ballet performances that this venue (the Royal Theatre), and it's very easy for a heavily amplified rig to overload its acoustics, but even the most ham-fisted EQ on drums and upright bass couldn't destroy the magic.

bloody brilliant

honesthoff

« Reply #234 on: 29 May 2007, 03:31 pm »
Saw Keane Sunday night at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA.  Looks like the kid is back on form.  Very impressive vocals, and a helluvalot of sound from a trio with no guitars.  Only bad part was the room was hot as hell, and I felt like an old fogey around the teenyboppers.  Don't hesitate to see these guys. :thumb:

Captain Humble

« Reply #235 on: 1 Jun 2007, 02:00 pm »

I'm not sure how many times I've seen them but it's always a treat.
I drove all the way to Oklahoma to see them last August.
Last night they were at Nokia Theater and they rocked the house. :rock:

Thanks for another great evening of entertainment ladies! :thumb:
Jeff

sts9fan

« Reply #236 on: 5 Jun 2007, 02:25 pm »
Saw Les Claypool on Friday.  Great show as always although not my favorite lineup.  I don't care for Gabby LaLa at all.  Lucky for us ~50% of the show was Les jamming with just Brain and the percussionist.

boead

« Reply #237 on: 5 Jun 2007, 04:44 pm »
DiFranco

coming of age during the plague
of reagan and bush
watching capitalism gun down democracy
it had this funny effect on me
i guess

what a waste of thumbs that are opposable
to make machines that are disposable
and sell them to seagulls flying in circles
around one big right wing

yes, the left wing was broken long ago
by the slingshot of cointelpro
and now it's so hard to have faith in
anything

you want to track each trickle
back to its source
and then scream up the faucet
'til your face is hoarse
cuz you're surrounded by a world's worth
of things you just can't excuse

« Last Edit: 5 Jun 2007, 07:56 pm by boead »

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
kd lang can sing and Lyle Lovett puts on a show.
« Reply #238 on: 21 Jun 2007, 05:46 pm »
What can you say about kd lang?  She can sing with the best of them.  She has utter control of her voice and it's a treat to hear her sing.  She makes you forget where you are and pulls you into her music.  Bravo!

It was my first Lyle Lovett show last night.  It was truly a great night of American music.  He played a little bit of every genre and put them all together into a one evening of pure enjoyment.  I believe I will sign up again next year.  Fun, fun, fun.

This twin billing is highly recommended.  You may want to check them out when they come to your town. http://www.lylelovett.net/tour/

BobM

« Reply #239 on: 21 Jun 2007, 07:32 pm »
I'm taking the family this Saturday to see Jefferson Starship at a small, intimate theater on Long Island (IMAC in Huntington). I know, I know ... but I thought the kids would enjoy this one. Normally we see jazz shows here, and it is a great venue with an open bar policy.

Enjoy,
Bob