XL center and new sub?

ajayrav

XL center and new sub?
« on: 7 Jan 2006, 07:26 pm »
Hi Mike,

You briefly alluded to the XL center and matching sub being unveiled at CES.  Any pix and updates for us poor souls who couldn't go to Sin City?

Thanks,
Ajay

Mike Dzurko

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2006, 02:20 pm »
Ajay:

I will start a show report ASAP . . .  when I get home tonight I will try to start uploading pics  . . . more etc. Happy Monday!

Mike Dzurko

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2006, 06:11 pm »
Ajay:

A REAL pic of the Force XL was just posted on the CES show thread. AND, the first pre-production batch of the center cab just arrived . . . . hopefully will have pictures within a week or so.

Will

Force XL
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2006, 07:13 pm »
Hi,

When will the new Force XL sub be available?  Specs?

I just received my Force sub last week... had I known the XL was coming, I would have waited.  :(

Thanks,
Will

Mike Dzurko

Re: Force XL
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2006, 08:23 pm »
Quote from: Will
Hi,

When will the new Force XL sub be available?  Specs?

I just received my Force sub last week... had I known the XL was coming, I would have waited.  :(

Thanks,
Will

Will:

Details are still being finalized but I can tell you that first deliveries will hopefully begin in April . . . pre-orders will start soon . . . . probably this month. Pricing will be similar to the present Force, perhaps a bit more, again, yet to be finalized. Specs are the same: same great driver, same great amp, different looking cabinet.

Will

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2006, 09:33 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.  

So it sounds like it's just a cosmetic change?  Does it sound different than the current Force?  I'm just wondering why the change if the amp, driver and specs are the same.

Is the Force XL replacing the original Force?  Or in addition to?

Thanks,
Will

ajayrav

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2006, 09:59 pm »
Mike,

Is delivery for the XL Force scheduled before or after the XL center?

Thanks,
Ajay

Anonymous

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:23 pm »
Quote from: Will
Thanks for the quick reply.  

So it sounds like it's just a cosmetic change?  Does it sound different than the current Force?  I'm just wondering why the change if the amp, driver and specs are the same.

Is the Force XL replacing the original Force?  Or in addition to?

Thanks,
Will

Will:

It is only a cosmetic change . . .  to match the Sapphire XL look  . . . same specs and great sound :)

Anonymous

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:25 pm »
Quote from: ajayrav
Mike,

Is delivery for the XL Force scheduled before or after the XL center?

Thanks,
Ajay

Ajay:

Initial deliveries of the XL center will follow the Force XL . . .  hopefully no more than about a month behind.

Mike Dzurko

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:27 pm »
Dang! Forgot to log in again! . . . . okay . . .  now I've finally changed my new laptop's settings to log me in each time.   :roll:

Force XL
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2006, 11:29 pm »
Mike:  The new Foce cosmetically looks great!  I think you have another winner.  I found the original Titan very attractive and it was replaced before I was able to upgrade my Quake (I love my ACI Quake). I know the Force is a great sub but I never found it attractive. Most likely I will order a pair of the new Force.

Barry

Mike Dzurko

Re: Force XL
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jan 2006, 12:22 pm »
Quote from: Guest
Mike:  The new Foce cosmetically looks great!  I think you have another winner.  I found the original Titan very attractive and it was replaced before I was able to upgrade my Quake (I love my ACI Quake). I know the Force is a great sub but I never found it attractive. Most likely I will order a pair of the new Force.

Barry

Thanks Barry! Keep your eyes open for the pre-sale, we usually offer an intro price of some sort and the quantity available will be somewhat limited.

Glenn S.

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2006, 05:21 pm »
Are the new Force going to be offered in the same finishes as the Sapphire XLs?  Any idea about when the new Force will be available?

Mike Dzurko

XL center and new sub?
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jan 2006, 12:50 pm »
Quote from: Glenn S.
Are the new Force going to be offered in the same finishes as the Sapphire XLs?  Any idea about when the new Force will be available?

Glenn:

Yes, finish choices will be the same: Satin black, Inlaid Stained Cherry, and Piano black. Hoping for availability in April . . .