RMAF 2010

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
Re: RMAF 2010
« Reply #60 on: 29 Sep 2010, 11:34 pm »
That's a good plan IMO. 

I wish I had time to do that.  I've been working in a room every RMAF I've been to.  One year, just one year, I would love to be able to just go around and enjoy the show.  I usually get about 1 hour total over the 3 days.  :duh:

I'm afraid I'll be in that boat as well this year since I'll be there to help man the Melody/ACA room (542 if anybody wants to put it on their "must see" list ;) )  instead of just being an attendee, but since there will be 6 of us there to handle that I'm hoping to still get a few hours each day to get out and listen to stuff.  Fingers crossed...

The conundrum we are up against is that Friday is slower so you can get around easier but the rooms are not dialed in so you may be swayed by what you hear and not give them a fair shake.  Then there is SUnday when it slows again and every room is dialed in but you're already on your flight out!  I'm going to mark down my top rooms while on the flight using the downloadable vendor list and then target them for some key items to see/hear or to say hello.  And then if time permits I'll stick my head in all that I can.

Very true.  I did my best listening on Sunday last year.  Saturday can be a bit crowded - especially at a few popular rooms - and there were definitely a couple of rooms that got significantly better by day 2.

Tim Evans
East Street Audio
Onix, Melody, & ACA
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2010, 12:26 am by woofersus »

Listens2tubes

« Reply #61 on: 11 Oct 2010, 12:17 pm »
Now we're getting down to it. :D Arriving on Friday at 10am in Denver, I should be walking into the Marriot by 11 easily. :drool: I can't wait! Audiofest HERE I COME!!!

:oops: In 5 days.....

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #62 on: 11 Oct 2010, 04:06 pm »
I hope all the AC'ers I have come to know over the years but have not met will stop in and say hi! (room 522) I most likely will not have a chance to wonder. Thursday will be a full day of setting up and dialing in the system so again, not much free time.

I will be arriving in Denver about 10AM Wednesday so I can hang with family that lives about 5 miles from the Tech Center  :thumb:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #63 on: 11 Oct 2010, 04:22 pm »
Thanks,

I am bunking with BRM. 

See you guys there.  :thumb:

Sweet - look forward to seeing/meeting you after so many years, Father Theresa :wink:

I'm just in Friday and Saturday.

5 years I've been planning to go and something got in the way each time.  I'm in for 2010  :thumb:

John

Big Red Machine

« Reply #64 on: 11 Oct 2010, 04:30 pm »
How about everyone bring an 8x11 size printout of their avatar to the bar on Friday so we can do group shots and you hold up your avatar photo under your mug so folks can identify you in the line-up later?!!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #65 on: 11 Oct 2010, 04:45 pm »
Pete, good point about "the line up".  This RMAF will be no different; jail time is expected!  Maybe JohnR can put together a group AC bail fund?

vinyl_lady

« Reply #66 on: 11 Oct 2010, 09:09 pm »
Sweet - look forward to seeing/meeting you after so many years, Father Theresa :wink:

I'm just in Friday and Saturday.

5 years I've been planning to go and something got in the way each time.  I'm in for 2010  :thumb:

John

Looking forward to meeting another vinylholic, John. See you in Denver.

Laura

TheChairGuy

« Reply #67 on: 11 Oct 2010, 10:55 pm »

Laura

TOTALLY - same here, Laura. 5 years planning this now; I waited until only last week to purchase my plane tix because a couple of the previous years something came up unexpectedly and I had to bail.

Not this time (well, 99% sure :wink:).  In fact, our factory just this past Friday asked me to attend their largest trade show in China (euphemistically known as the Canton Trade Fair) October 15-19 and I declined for RMAF :)

That's how much I want to be there this year :thumb:

See ya'...everyone who has one should wear an AudioCircle short so we get a bead on folks, at least.

John

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #68 on: 11 Oct 2010, 11:33 pm »
What happens if you do not have an Avatar and do go to RMAF?   :dunno:

TomS

« Reply #69 on: 11 Oct 2010, 11:49 pm »
I think I ended up putting "AC - TomS" for the company field on my pre-registration badge.  Showing up at the Marriott bar Friday after the show winds down works too  :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #70 on: 12 Oct 2010, 12:05 am »
Tom,
My badge will say HAL in the company field, so will my shirt! :)

vinyl_lady

« Reply #71 on: 12 Oct 2010, 12:23 am »
My badge will read "vinyl_lady" below my name

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #72 on: 12 Oct 2010, 12:45 am »
My badge will say "Tyson" :D

WGH

« Reply #73 on: 12 Oct 2010, 12:49 am »
How about everyone bring an 8x11 size printout of their avatar to the bar on Friday

My avatar looks just like me, only younger.
Look for "WGH" on my badge.

Wayne

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #74 on: 12 Oct 2010, 01:17 am »
Mine has my name (Ted Brady) then says "ted_b on AC" as the company

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #75 on: 12 Oct 2010, 01:22 am »
My badge will have The company and my name on it but my shirt will be black with "Purity Audio Design" on it.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #76 on: 12 Oct 2010, 01:27 am »

Laura

Laura....

Just watch for a guy "rolling" around his luggage with a Magna Cart....that will be John... :jester:
(You can see his photo in his gallery... 8))

Sorry I can't make the show this year....but to help out any new members attending...here's a photo that PeteG took back in 2006.... :thumb:

Going clockwise...starting with the baseball cap...that's Deadfish/Bill...then me - standing....TomS/Tom...Turk/Jerry...the waitress...bpape/Bryan....standing AliG/Barry....mgalusha/Mike...standing zybar/George.....leaning sunshinedawg/Sean....WEEZ (deceased) :(....Glenn Kuras/Glenn....opnly bafld/Lin.... :beer:

Enjoy the show....and wear your AC shirt if you own one! :thumb:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #77 on: 12 Oct 2010, 01:29 am »
Timely reminder...just registered.

For Audio Society on the badge...great place to put Audio Circle to find folks easier :thumb:

Just coming in for an overnite...no need for a Magna Cart in tow (all luggage has wheels anyhow...learned early on that the Luggage Dept is the worst place to sell a glorified luggage cart :scratch:)

John

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #78 on: 12 Oct 2010, 05:46 am »
Wanna see something different at the show ? If you've not seen them before....

Check out the Amber Wave amps.....Marriott 5th Floor ~ room 538....just too see (and hear) how big they really are.... :duh:  :lol:

Takes two to three people to move each amp.... :weights:

mgalusha

« Reply #79 on: 12 Oct 2010, 03:25 pm »
And the waitress is Min I believe. I think she's been there every year putting up with all of us.  :thumb:

Laura....

Just watch for a guy "rolling" around his luggage with a Magna Cart....that will be John... :jester:
(You can see his photo in his gallery... 8))

Sorry I can't make the show this year....but to help out any new members attending...here's a photo that PeteG took back in 2006.... :thumb:

Going clockwise...starting with the baseball cap...that's Deadfish/Bill...then me - standing....TomS/Tom...Turk/Jerry...the waitress...bpape/Bryan....standing AliG/Barry....mgalusha/Mike...standing zybar/George.....leaning sunshinedawg/Sean....WEEZ (deceased) :(....Glenn Kuras/Glenn....opnly bafld/Lin.... :beer:

Enjoy the show....and wear your AC shirt if you own one! :thumb: