Friday  Saturday

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

RMAF MADDNESS

BE THERE!

:thumb:    :thumb:    :thumb:

TomS

Re: RMAF 2008
« Reply #22 on: 10 Apr 2008, 02:32 pm »
Finally got my confirmation back from the Marriott today so it looks like I'm locked in  :thumb:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #23 on: 10 Apr 2008, 11:52 pm »
Yo Guys!!
 Me too! See you there on the afternoon of the 10th.

Cheers
                                               Charlie

richidoo

« Reply #24 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:32 am »
Tom & Charlie, are they taking room reservations for show-goers yet? There is usually one guy to call to make reservation for special RMAF price, but I thought it was still too early to book a room?
Thanks
Rich

mfsoa

« Reply #25 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:39 am »
Wifey and I are seriously thinking of going this year. Never been to a show like this but looks like this is the one to see.

Any tips for a first-timer?

Places to avoid? Is there a preferred AudioCircle hotel etc.?

Do NYC Ravers ever try to coordinate flights?

Do any wives come too?

Any tips most welcome.

Thanks!

-Mike

TomS

« Reply #26 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:46 am »
Tom & Charlie, are they taking room reservations for show-goers yet? There is usually one guy to call to make reservation for special RMAF price, but I thought it was still too early to book a room?
Thanks
Rich
The RMAF site has the Marriott pdf registration form up now.  You can fill it out online and email it in or fax it to the contact name.  He'll send you a confirmation back and yes, there are special rates.

richidoo

« Reply #27 on: 11 Apr 2008, 01:28 am »

Bigfish

« Reply #28 on: 11 Apr 2008, 01:38 am »
Guys:

I am looking forward to meeting everyone at RMAF this year.  Just booked a room at the Marriott for Vera and me.

Ken

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #29 on: 11 Apr 2008, 03:28 am »
mfsoa/Mike....

Wifey and I are seriously thinking of going this year. Never been to a show like this but looks like this is the one to see.
Good....it is the "one" to attend....a lot to see and hear...even better than the NY shows.... :wink:

Any tips for a first-timer?
Comfortable shoes....many rooms to check out....and this year there will be two hotels with displays. They are very close to each other.... 8)

From the very beginning (since the show started a few years ago) ....the Marriott Denver Tech is where RMAF has been held....its a nice place...and your right in the "action". There is a discount for booking there...nice bar...and restaurants. This hotel is not in the center of Denver....its on the outskirts....but the city is not far away. I've not found anything to avoid... 8)

Do NYC Ravers ever try to coordinate flights?
I use Jet Blue....straight thru.... JFK to Denver. You should check out the routes from where your leaving from.

Do any wives come too?
From the Rave....Maria...toprounds/Mike's wife came last year....and some from Audio Circle did come with their wives.

Any tips most welcome.
Just to have a good time.... and you will...:D
You will meet many from AC (a great bunch of people)....always a meet and greet on Friday afternoon in the bar....around 5PM. Plus.....some of the finest stereo equipment you'll ever see....from the biggest to the smallest companies...all in the same spot....and just too much to see....but I try.
Another tip...book it as early as you can....its growing in size every year.
Hope to see you and your wife there...it will be a good getaway.... aa

Chris

enjoythemusic

« Reply #30 on: 11 Apr 2008, 11:16 am »
Do you guys wanna hookup at the downstairs food/bar place at the hotel on the second night of the show? We can relax, have dinner and drinks. Maybe i can cull up some goodies to bring with me and hold an Audio Circle giveaway :)

TomS

« Reply #31 on: 11 Apr 2008, 11:24 am »
Do you guys wanna hookup at the downstairs food/bar place at the hotel on the second night of the show? We can relax, have dinner and drinks. Maybe i can cull up some goodies to bring with me and hold an Audio Circle giveaway :)
There is always a GTG in the Marriott bar/restaurant area on Friday evening after the show winds down.  Many of the AC vendors and regulars are there.  It's really a great time to meet and connect faces to AC names.  Look forward to seeing everyone there!  Tom

enjoythemusic

« Reply #32 on: 11 Apr 2008, 11:51 am »
Tom,

Sweeet, look fwd to seeing many of the Audio Circle guys. RMAF is an awesome show for sure!

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #33 on: 11 Apr 2008, 01:21 pm »

Any tips most welcome.
You will meet many from AC (a great bunch of people)....always a meet and greet on Friday afternoon in the bar....around 5PM. Plus.....some of the finest stereo equipment you'll ever see....from the biggest to the smallest companies...all in the same spot....and just too much to see....but I try.

Chris

RMAF is the place to be, for sure.

Chris is right. Comfortable shoes is good advice. Also, I found that you have to pick and choose which rooms you invest your time in. There are many, many rooms, and if you're not careful, you might find yourself on Sunday with a list of very good rooms that you have not visited. Keep in mind that RMAF 2008 is going to be bigger than last year.

I would probably say to prioritize. Take a peek in rooms, if they are very interesting to you, go in and hang out, if they are just merely something curious, put them on a "come back to" list and move on to another "very interesting" room.

Meeting AudioCircle members at RMAF 2007 was definitely the highlight of the show for me. It was a lot of fun hanging out.  :P

Cheers

TomS

« Reply #34 on: 11 Apr 2008, 01:25 pm »

Any tips most welcome.

Chris

RMAF is the place to be, for sure.

Chris is right. Comfortable shoes is good advice. Also, I found that you have to pick and choose which rooms you invest your time in. There are many, many rooms, and if you're not careful, you might find yourself on Sunday with a list of very good rooms that you have not visited. Keep in mind that RMAF 2008 is going to be bigger than last year.

I would probably say to prioritize. Take a peek in rooms, if they are very interesting to you, go in and hang out, if they are just merely something curious, put them on a "come back to" list and move on to another "very interesting" room.

Meeting AudioCircle members at RMAF 2007 was definitely the highlight of the show for me. It was a lot of fun hanging out.  :P

Cheers
Prioritizing is a great suggestion.  I tend to prepare using the program guide for the first day, spin pretty fast through the rooms of most interest to see where I might want to come back for more.  Evening was a great time to hear what others thought were worthwhile and sounding particularly good, then add those to the list of second day visits.  So much to see and hear :)

Gordy

« Reply #35 on: 11 Apr 2008, 03:07 pm »

From the very beginning (since the show started a few years ago) ....the Marriott Denver Tech is where RMAF has been held....its a nice place...and your right in the "action". There is a discount for booking there...nice bar...and restaurants. This hotel is not in the center of Denver....its on the outskirts....but the city is not far away. I've not found anything to avoid... 8)

There was that recommended diner in town that you, Jeff and I tried at 1 AM, major disappointment there!  I don't recall the name tho...  :scratch:

sbrtoy

« Reply #36 on: 11 Apr 2008, 03:36 pm »
Hope many of you will visit our room at RMAF, and being a Denver resident thought I would share a few suggestions as well.

If you can't get into the Marriott or Hyatt, there is a Residence Inn and a Courtyard off of County Line Road that are right next to the light rail which you can take up to Belleview and walk over to the Marriott in case you are lacking wheels. Also there is a full service Marriott off Lincoln that is also close to the light rail, any of these would probably be cheaper than the Tech Center hotels. 

Cool River is a nice restaurant near the Marriott, good atmosphere and food.  Also Morton's is not far away, and there is a new Ted's Montana Grill across the freeway as well for casual dining. There is a new Comedy Works and movie theater across the freeway if anyone needs something to do when they are done for the day. 

Should be a great show!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #37 on: 12 Apr 2008, 03:26 am »

There was that recommended diner in town that you, Jeff and I tried at 1 AM, major disappointment there!  I don't recall the name tho...  :scratch:
Ah...yes....RMAF 2005. My first visit to the show...

Friday night, after the concert, Gordy, Captain Humble, and myself took a cab ride to Pete's Kitchen in Denver...open 24/7. When we got there, they were closed for an hour so they could clean up the place... :? So we waited....but the meal was nothing to "write home" about....and it had some good ratings....you live and learn. Turned into a long and late night.

We did better on Saturday night....went to Buckhorn's......food was pretty good....and lots of stuff to try... aa
Capped it off with a few rounds of scotch at Tyson's favorite spot....Pints Pub 8)
Another long....but fun night.... :D
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2008, 04:26 am by lonewolfny42 »

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #38 on: 12 Apr 2008, 04:20 pm »
Chris,

That's a pretty amazing memory that you have.....especially remembering places where the experience was "nothing to write home about".....now, where was I heading before reading your post.... :scratch:

AliG

« Reply #39 on: 27 Apr 2008, 06:19 am »
Bad news....a friend of mine called Marriott yesterday the $94/night room from 10-12 October are fully booked! :( :(

Luckily I booked mine last Sunday.. :green: