Any news on the LS6/9?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Any news on the LS6/9?
« Reply #20 on: 2 Apr 2007, 08:17 pm »
WooHoo!  Mark is trying to post new LS-9 pics on the AV123 Forum, but the hack problem is killing the pictures.   I'm patiently :drool:

JDarby - Stereomojo.com

• Stereomojo.com
« Reply #21 on: 2 Apr 2007, 09:34 pm »
Our digital amp shootout (14 of the suckers!) used LS6's as our reference speaker. We included a mini review by the owner of them, who is one of our writers.
There are also pics. Art also talks about the other "competing" speakers he has compared them to. Stereomojo.com.

TomS

« Reply #22 on: 3 Apr 2007, 04:47 pm »
How does this look?  LS-9 in Satin - Natural - Mojo veneer, unfinished at this point

« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2007, 05:12 pm by TomS »

pmindemann

« Reply #23 on: 20 Apr 2007, 03:04 pm »
Kits are in stock and ready to ship, and several already have.

AV123 will have finished production units available soon. I think they are just now receiving drivers and are awaiting crossovers and ports. I don't know a date that they will be landing in the US.

The last pair of enclosures that arrived here looked really good. I'll try to get them finished out as soon as I can and get pictures up on them.

Hey Danny, any update on these? Really curious to see what the finished product looks like.

TomS

« Reply #24 on: 20 Apr 2007, 04:34 pm »

AV123 will have finished production units available soon. I think they are just now receiving drivers and are awaiting crossovers and ports. I don't know a date that they will be landing in the US.

The last pair of enclosures that arrived here looked really good. I'll try to get them finished out as soon as I can and get pictures up on them.

Hey Danny, any update on these? Really curious to see what the finished product looks like.

Most of the recent updates are on this AV123 thread http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=20203

pmindemann

« Reply #25 on: 20 Apr 2007, 04:40 pm »

Most of the recent updates are on this AV123 thread http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=20203

Correct. But since Danny said he already has cabinet kits ready to go, I'm thinking we might see a finished version out of him before AV123. Granted, they might be slightly different, but I'm looking to see a finished product shot, so I'll take what I can get (Sean told me AV123 is still waiting on parts).

TomS

« Reply #26 on: 20 Apr 2007, 04:48 pm »

Correct. But since Danny said he already has cabinet kits ready to go, I'm thinking we might see a finished version out of him before AV123. Granted, they might be slightly different, but I'm looking to see a finished product shot, so I'll take what I can get (Sean told me AV123 is still waiting on parts).

Sorry, I assumed when you said "finished product"....

Hopefully one of the early adopter kit builders has something really cool to show us  :thumb:

pmindemann

« Reply #27 on: 20 Apr 2007, 05:04 pm »
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for.  :green:

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #28 on: 20 Apr 2007, 08:08 pm »
It's the LS-6 kits that are available.

I am still awaiting those LS-9 boxes to get here so that I can assemble them and design a crossover for them. I really don't have time to build test boxes for them. So I am hanging in there waiting on these to arrive.

pmindemann

« Reply #29 on: 20 Apr 2007, 08:18 pm »
It's the LS-6 kits that are available.

I am still awaiting those LS-9 boxes to get here so that I can assemble them and design a crossover for them. I really don't have time to build test boxes for them. So I am hanging in there waiting on these to arrive.

And it's the LS-6 that I'd most like to see, as it's the only one that will fit in my living room!   :green:

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #30 on: 20 Apr 2007, 08:24 pm »
I have a pair of LS-6's going to gether now. Pictures will be available soon and I'll get all the info up on the web site.

TomS

« Reply #31 on: 20 Apr 2007, 08:25 pm »
I have a pair of LS-6's going to gether now. Pictures will be available soon and I'll get all the info up on the web site.

Are these DIY/kits or the MLS sourced cabinets?

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #32 on: 20 Apr 2007, 08:42 pm »
The cabinets that I have are from MLS, but I will not be offering cabinets nor will AV123.

I will be offering kits only.

AV123 will be offering them fully assembled only.

jn316

« Reply #33 on: 20 Apr 2007, 08:47 pm »
Cool! So your's, the ones you are putting together now, should look just like the production ones from MLS. Can't wait to see it!

Gary

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #34 on: 20 Apr 2007, 08:54 pm »
I think the production units will have a better looking base than this pair has, but other than that they will look the same. Of coarse they may offer several different veneers and finish options.

pmindemann

« Reply #35 on: 20 Apr 2007, 10:14 pm »
I think the production units will have a better looking base than this pair has, but other than that they will look the same. Of coarse they may offer several different veneers and finish options.

Yeah, the MLS/AV123 ones will have a new type of base that's just been posted on the AV123 forums. It's sort of an "X" shape. Pretty nice. But none of us have seen the cabinet in its new, slimmer front-baffel design with actual drivers in place, hence my curiosity.   :D

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 29 May 2007, 04:39 am »
So do we have a release date yet?

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #37 on: 17 Jun 2007, 12:53 am »
Whoa, forgot all about this thread and now it's four pages long! And still no release date. I emailed 123 but got a "If I told ya I'd have to kill ya" type response.:duh: Well I guess we'll all have to be patient, they'll be out someday and until then I'll just play with my new Cary SLP that should be here on Monday!!!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #38 on: 17 Jun 2007, 12:58 am »
Danny did say that he has the LS-9 cabinets from Cali and he is working on the XO's.   :D

alotaklipsch

« Reply #39 on: 17 Jun 2007, 07:49 am »
I dunno, but I am getting frikin sick and tired of this wait :duh: