another qustion on cd players sorta

2 channel man

another qustion on cd players sorta
« on: 17 Oct 2011, 10:55 pm »
In my mind Bryston is the gold standard of customer service  :D as many of you have read in my post below I am in the process of shopping for a new cd player . This time I want to ask a slightly different question again my budget say 800 -1000 Cdn  $ . Which cd player will offer outstanding customer service should something go wrong while it's under warranty? . The reason I ask this is I owned Myryad which good bad or indifferent is a really lousey product when it comes to any kind of customer service in Canada or perhaps at all . If you own say a brand xxxx and it needed service was it a horror story?

Stu Pitt

Re: another qustion on cd players sorta
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2011, 12:18 am »
I owned a Rega Apollo.  Didn't need to be sent to the distributor, but had spoken to them about an issue.  Very nice guy (Steve?) who answered everything and offered to take the unit back.  I followed what he said instead of returning it, and everything worked out great.  My dealer was also great too.

I've contacted them about other, non-breakdown issues several times, and he was always very quick to respond.  Even on Sunday.

Several people I know have had similar experiences with him.  Those who needed repairs got it very quickly and at a very reasonable price (if out of warranty). 

PDR

• May the best man win
Re: another qustion on cd players sorta
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2011, 01:30 am »
Could try a reputable Canadian company...I did and a very happy with the results...Raysonic.
Great reviews, great product.....Havnt needed warranty work....or any work done on mine, but I did talk to a fellow a while back that did.....he was happy with the service,
and you keep Canadian dollars in Canada.