Kismet + Input Impedance

BikeFi10

Kismet + Input Impedance
« on: 9 Mar 2024, 03:14 am »
I know Klaus makes many iterations of his amps. Mine is a Kismet board + in a Khartago but looks like a Stratos. The manual does not have Kismet specs, but lists all the other amps  >10k ohm input impedance.
Does anyone know if >10k ohms sounds right for my amp? And how much more ohms is it? 11k, 12k, etc?
Reason is I want to make a high pass filter to cut 80hz and below from my Magnepan 1.7i s. The equation to calculate for the capacitor requires the impedance.
My Rythmik servo sub feed from the 2nd pre amp out will handle the vey low freqs.
Thanks!

qdrone

Re: Kismet + Input Impedance
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2024, 04:02 am »
Call Klaus,he is a night owl.

JackD

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2024, 04:15 am »
All the amps are 10k

Hooge

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2024, 09:50 pm »
I am in a similar situation but have a Khartago and wanted to know what the input impedance is. I contacted Klaus about it and he stated that years ago Odyssey amps used to have a 10k input but they moved to 22k a while back. He asked me to send him my serial number so he could look it up which I did but he never got back to me. I emailed him a good 3-4 times after that and I've never heard from him. I have a tube preamp, which are known to have high impedance output and mine is in fact higher at 2k output, and I do notice that bass is way lighter from the Khartago than other amps i own which leads me to believe my amp may have a 10k input but i don't know. They say the input impedance should be at a minimum 10x the preamp's output and in my case it would only 5x the preamp's output if my Khartago has a 10k input which would possibly explain the bass issue.

The serial number of my Khartago is 4227 and the faceplate does NOT have a lit screen logo, it's the older style. One in a million chance, but does anyone here know if my unit is an older model that is 10k input based on the serial number or faceplate or innards? Also anyone know if this is a Stereo Extreme version? I know it's a "plus" version with extra caps. Thanks!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2024, 12:58 am »
Sean,

Apologies...missed the follow up mail completely.   Just emailed you back though and yes,  it's 22 K

Late,

Klaus

Hooge

« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2024, 03:10 am »
Thanks, Klaus, I appreciate that!! Just to confirm, does it look like this is a standard Khartago with the additional cap upgrade and not a "Full SE?"

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2024, 04:01 am »
It's an early SE.............

here's the list of to-do's:

- recapping the ps caps on and off-board
- recapping small caps
- changing rectifier
- upgrading output cables
- changing hookup wiring
- changing heatsinks to larger ones