Joke of the Day

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Joke of the Day
« Reply #2880 on: 9 Sep 2020, 01:35 am »
Definitely not funny.  :cry:
Au contraire.  I find it hilarious when stupid people reap the rewards of their actions.  And the whole gender reveal thing is an 8:10 on the stupid scale.

richidoo

« Reply #2881 on: 9 Sep 2020, 02:30 pm »
Harmless fun. He used the tires exactly as they were intended.
His son will appreciate seeing this video when he's 10yo and knowing how much his dad loves him.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2882 on: 9 Sep 2020, 04:34 pm »
WGH, it refers to the massive CA fire that was started by pyro at a "gender reveal" event.  Stupid beyond measure.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2883 on: 9 Sep 2020, 04:36 pm »
Au contraire.  I find it hilarious when stupid people reap the rewards of their actions.  And the whole gender reveal thing is an 8:10 on the stupid scale.

ABSO-Friggin'-LUTELY!

What are they gonna name the kid?  "Flame?"

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #2884 on: 9 Sep 2020, 05:30 pm »
WGH, it refers to the massive CA fire that was started by pyro at a "gender reveal" event.  Stupid beyond measure.

I’d love to be at the party when they ‘reveal’ to their child they can’t afford to ever buy them a present because they’re spending every penny they earn to repay the state for damage to resources and the manpower to fight the fire that they started.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2885 on: 9 Sep 2020, 07:15 pm »
Agreed, stupid beyond measure.  But unless I missed something it looks like they only burned up the car, I didn't see any vegetation on fire. I could've missed it, didn't wanna see it twice.  Anyway, I think they already took a big hit, no way insurance gonna pay for that, after that video.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #2886 on: 9 Sep 2020, 08:10 pm »
I believe that the fire that thunderbrick is referring to is a recent fire in CA that was caused by idiots and a gender reveal gone bad and not the video of gender reveal in this thread.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2887 on: 10 Sep 2020, 02:01 am »
I’d love to be at the party when they ‘reveal’ to their child they can’t afford to ever buy them a present because they’re spending every penny they earn to repay the state for damage to resources and the manpower to fight the fire that they started.

PRECISELY!   

That event will follow that kid their entire life.   'THANKS, Dad.   THANKS, Mom..."

Emil

« Reply #2888 on: 10 Sep 2020, 10:08 pm »
Business must be good

Emil

« Reply #2889 on: 24 Sep 2020, 02:43 pm »

Emil

« Reply #2890 on: 30 Oct 2020, 12:16 pm »

richidoo

« Reply #2891 on: 31 Oct 2020, 09:25 pm »

richidoo

« Reply #2892 on: 2 Dec 2020, 07:03 pm »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2893 on: 18 Dec 2020, 12:29 am »
😄 😄 😄
An old man calls his son and says, "Listen, your mother and I are getting divorced. Forty-five years of misery is enough."
"Dad, what are you talking about?" the son screams.
“We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,” he says. "I'm sick of her face, and I'm sick of talking about this, so call your sister and tell her," and he hangs up....
Now, the son is worried. He calls his sister. She says, "Like hell they’re getting divorced!" She calls their father immediately. "You’re not getting divorced! Don't do another thing. The two of us are flying home tomorrow to talk about this. Until then, don't call a lawyer, don't file a paper. DO YOU HEAR ME?” She hangs up the phone.
The old man turns to his wife and says, "Okay, they’re both coming for Christmas and paying their own airfares.
★¨`*•♫.•Pass it on!! Give someone else a reason to smile. ♫ ..•* ★

richidoo

« Reply #2894 on: 22 Dec 2020, 02:18 pm »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2895 on: 30 Dec 2020, 11:22 pm »

richidoo

« Reply #2896 on: 19 Jan 2021, 03:32 pm »
1/20/2021 is a palindrome

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2897 on: 20 Jan 2021, 03:59 am »
1/20/2021 is a palindrome

Cool.  8)

In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students...?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell me, I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Test of Three."

"Test of Three?"

"That's correct," Socrates continued.

"Before you talk to me about my student let's take a moment to test what you're going to say. The first test is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man replied, "actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second test, the test of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed. Socrates continued, "You may still pass though because there is a third test - the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really..."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?"

The man was defeated and ashamed and said no more.

This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.

It also explains why Socrates never found out that Plato was banging his wife.

quanghuy147

« Reply #2898 on: 20 Jan 2021, 02:55 pm »
Thank you for the Socrate joke. I was thrown off at the end.  :D

mikeeastman

« Reply #2899 on: 20 Jan 2021, 03:23 pm »
I’d like to thank JerryM for the philosophical moment of the day. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: