Sonic Craft

OSIB16

Re: Sonic Craft
« Reply #40 on: 9 Jun 2018, 10:16 pm »
Hi Jeff, when is your next sale? I was also wondering if you had any Goertz MI 2 flat copper wire.

autospec

« Reply #41 on: 4 Jan 2019, 07:17 pm »
Sonic Craft:    Jeff I have been trying to get a answer to my e-mails to your company, I have also tried to get a phone number, I'm trying to get anybody at your business that I can to answer a e-mail ( I sent six of them) or send me a working phone number ..........I have a account there and can't get my pass-word so I can order parts.............Which is what are trying to do......How do  you operate without a phone number ????     Thanks Will

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #42 on: 4 Jan 2019, 07:42 pm »
Sonic Craft:    Jeff I have been trying to get a answer to my e-mails to your company, I have also tried to get a phone number, I'm trying to get anybody at your business that I can to answer a e-mail ( I sent six of them) or send me a working phone number ..........I have a account there and can't get my pass-word so I can order parts.............Which is what are trying to do......How do  you operate without a phone number ????     Thanks Will
Will, Sonic Craft is a small company run by jeff, he is a multiple task man, there is some delay to email reply, you have to wait a Jeff reply to be attended in your order.

Phone call dont make profit, instead take time you know, some your tech queries can be posted here to members replies and Jeff will see them soon.
We count on your understanding.

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #43 on: 4 Jan 2019, 08:31 pm »
First, thank you FullRangeMan for the consideration.  We are in the busiest month of the audio year.  Further, it is a shortened holiday week in which we just returned from being closed for two weeks.

Will, I only have 3 emails from you.  The 2 you sent last night at midnight, and the one I responded to 30-40 minutes ago.  Since you posted here, I'll answer the first two here:

Sir:   I have spent the last hour trying to get my pass-word out of your system......I spent another half hour trying to figure out how to e-mail you....I even spent the good part of a hour trying to re-register......I am a manufacturer and need about 100 mundorf caps to complete a government proposal........It is impossible to get in to your site and buy something..........So maybe you can call me in Idaho...........Will Vincent

I'm sorry for the hour you spent, but the reset is a link directly below the password field.  As you know, I took the liberty to reset it for you.  I'm also sorry it took you 30 mins to find the "Contact" link on our home page.  Your wasted hour on attempting a new account was just that.  I assume you kept trying to use your same email address.  After the first time you spent a couple of moments entering your basics, the system comes back with a warning that this email address already has an account.  If you had tried it with another email address, you would have a second account.  It appears that you had no problem making a small purchase back in 2015...

Your company is impossible to contact, no phone number, no easy way to e-mail..................I have to wonder how a business survives operating like that.........If you are interested in selling me a bunch of parts, you might take a minute and call me......I'm registered in your system but can't figure it out.    Will Vincent     If your not interested, then skip it ??

If you had my home phone number, it would not have done you any good at midnight :lol: :wink:  It must have been late there too, because besides forgetting your password, you did not pay attention the message directly below the password field that reads: Password forgotten? Click here.  BTW, I'm still waiting on your email reply.

decooney

« Reply #44 on: 5 Feb 2019, 05:04 am »
To: Sonicraft

No email response or shipping Tracking info yet for my Sonicraft order last Saturday...

What are your normal business hours and how long does it take for you to process your online (in stock) orders?
« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2019, 03:45 pm by decooney »

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #45 on: 5 Feb 2019, 07:38 am »
To: Sonicraft

No email response or shipping Tracking info yet for my Sonicraft order last Saturday...

What are your normal business hours and how long does it take for you to process your online (in stock) orders?

Under "SHIPPING" in our "Terms & Conditions" on the home page http://www.soniccraft.com/information.php/terms-conditions-i-7: "We make every effort to ship most orders the same day when received M-F before 3pm CDT"  One generally tends to check for this kind of thing "before" placing an order.  Your first email (today at 2:27pm) was during our "go time".  It was also prior to your package actually shipping.  I did not feel a response was necessary since you would be receiving tracking very soon.  At the very top of your order confirmation it reads: "Thank you for your business! We will email you notification and applicable tracking when your order ships"  Your email was in response to that confirmation as it was included in your reply.

Stamps shows that you were emailed tracking.  You might check your spam...  Hopefully, you received the email I sent containing that information again.  In any event, you are able to view your order on our site.  The tracking number as been there since 4:12pm CST this afternoon.  BTW, if you could not cipher from the above, we are closed on Sat/Sun.  Even if we were open, USPS closes at 2pm on Sat here.  Your order was place at 2:39pm. 

I'm not sure what your expectations are...  You ordered matching, so there was added processing time, yet it still shipped at the earliest possible time.  You are receiving a nice matched pair of caps at the cheapest price out there.  I feel that you received great service.  But, I see your big bold 18pt text, and that sweet thumps down. :(  It makes me wonder if you will soon be complaining about the time in transit.  :roll:  You selected the cheapest shipping, and USPS first class does not have a delivery service guarantee.  Nor does Priority for that matter.  The USPS advertised times in transit are estimates only.

decooney

« Reply #46 on: 5 Feb 2019, 03:35 pm »
Under "SHIPPING" in our "Terms & Conditions" on the home page http://www.soniccraft.com/information.php/terms-conditions-i-7: "We make every effort to ship most orders the same day when received M-F before 3pm CDT"  One generally tends to check for this kind of thing "before" placing an order.  Your first email (today at 2:27pm) was during our "go time".  It was also prior to your package actually shipping.  I did not feel a response was necessary since you would be receiving tracking very soon.  At the very top of your order confirmation it reads: "Thank you for your business! We will email you notification and applicable tracking when your order ships"  Your email was in response to that confirmation as it was included in your reply.

Stamps shows that you were emailed tracking.  You might check your spam...  Hopefully, you received the email I sent containing that information again.  In any event, you are able to view your order on our site.  The tracking number as been there since 4:12pm CST this afternoon.  BTW, if you could not cipher from the above, we are closed on Sat/Sun.  Even if we were open, USPS closes at 2pm on Sat here.  Your order was place at 2:39pm. 

I'm not sure what your expectations are...  You ordered matching, so there was added processing time, yet it still shipped at the earliest possible time.  You are receiving a nice matched pair of caps at the cheapest price out there.  I feel that you received great service.  But, I see your big bold 18pt text, and that sweet thumps down. :(  It makes me wonder if you will soon be complaining about the time in transit.  :roll:  You selected the cheapest shipping, and USPS first class does not have a delivery service guarantee.  Nor does Priority for that matter.  The USPS advertised times in transit are estimates only.

YES. Large text to get your attention, and it worked. I'm not the only one who's waited for an update based on your online purchase terms.  At purchase time, your online policy indicates the item was "in stock" and you'll send the tracking info.  Perhaps you can let people know you have some kind of 3-4 day handling time or something so they don't sit and wait wondering (if the order went through or not) or (wondering if it's in stock or not) or (wondering if you forgot to send tracking info). Simple customer service.  Yes, in business people will expect you to follow through with exactly what your online policy states.  We did finally receive a tracking email from you this morning.  The key is you do follow through and it just takes a little longer. "Okay, no big deal", people will understand that, just state that right up front during the online purchase and everything will be okay. Now making assumptions about what people will do afterwards, well, "we'll see what we get when it shows up". I'm sure it will be fine. Hoping you can see and understanding it from a customers point of view until new customers get to know you. Again, thanks for following through, and Best of Luck to Ya.

JohnR

« Reply #47 on: 5 Feb 2019, 03:39 pm »
Are you for real? People are allowed to not work on weekends.

decooney

« Reply #48 on: 5 Feb 2019, 03:44 pm »
Are you for real? People are allowed to not work on weekends.

Sure. Tried reaching them on late Monday with no responses, again.  I wouldn't care if it takes 14 days, just let us know...  Like others have noted,there is no phone number to call, the website says "under construction" in other languages in many places.  All he needs to do is say my normal business processing hours are Tue-Fri or something, or "it may take me 3-5 days to get back to you" or something.  I was 5 minutes from canceling the Paypal transaction, and gave it a last shot, finally got a reply. The point is "just do what your online policy says" or "update your policy and tell people what to expect when they order", so they get an idea of what to expect or look for.  That's all. I don't know about you, but there are too many online scams now days, and it takes a while to get to know the honest folks from the scammers. Clearly this guy follows through eventually (and that's great). Any new customer just needs to know how "he" works and what to expect on their order...he just forgot to email the tracking number or respond to emails until this forum post was made.

orientalexpress

« Reply #49 on: 5 Feb 2019, 04:02 pm »
I order mine on sunday, I got my tracking # on sunday evening.I got nothing but excellence service from Jeff. :D

wushuliu

« Reply #50 on: 5 Feb 2019, 04:10 pm »
Sure. Tried reaching them on late Monday with no responses, again.  I wouldn't care if it takes 14 days, just let us know...  Like others have noted,there is no phone number to call, the website says "under construction" in other languages in many places.  All he needs to do is say my normal business processing hours are Tue-Fri or something, or "it may take me 3-5 days to get back to you" or something.  I was 5 minutes from canceling the Paypal transaction, and gave it a last shot, finally got a reply. The point is "just do what your online policy says" or "update your policy and tell people what to expect when they order", so they get an idea of what to expect or look for.  That's all. I don't know about you, but there are too many online scams now days, and it takes a while to get to know the honest folks from the scammers. Clearly this guy follows through eventually (and that's great). Any new customer just needs to know how "he" works and what to expect on their order...he just forgot to email the tracking number or respond to emails until this forum post was made.

There are audiophile scammer sites selling a wide range of well known components at competitive prices? That’s a thing?

Norman Tracy

« Reply #51 on: 5 Feb 2019, 04:41 pm »
My experience with Sonic Craft was completely positive and the goods were delivered well packed in the expected time frame.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #52 on: 5 Feb 2019, 05:04 pm »
I order mine on sunday, I got my tracking # on sunday evening.I got nothing but excellence service from Jeff. :D

My experience with Sonic Craft was completely positive and the goods were delivered well packed in the expected time frame.

Count me in with positive experiences with Jeff Glowacki of Sonicraft; if anything was in backorder, I was immediately informed either online or through email. All my orders when paid arrived in a timely manner and with excellent packaging.

FWIW,

Anand.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #53 on: 5 Feb 2019, 05:15 pm »
Me as well - ordered a ton of stuff - always get an email confirmation of the order right away and then the tracking within 24-48 hours.

decooney

« Reply #54 on: 5 Feb 2019, 05:45 pm »

Case and point.  You ordered after me, on the weekend, and you were notified same day. My simple cap order just took a few days longer to notify me or he forgot.  No worries. It’s great to see other happy customers and those standing up for SoniCraft.  Yes, there are scams out there. Two audio colleagues shared stories this week about getting screwed over on high $ amp and parts purchases from prior reputable sellers. “Buyer beware”.  Check all vendors and feedback. Clearly SoniCraft is busy and trustworthy. Great info, Thanks to all.  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #55 on: 5 Feb 2019, 09:03 pm »
+1.
Also I see many times Jeff here on Sonic Craft Circle offer for free first hand valuable advices to AC members non custumers about xovers and amps upgrade parts a difficult topic to hit the target.
Cheers to Jeff :thumb:

Stimpy

« Reply #56 on: 5 Feb 2019, 11:52 pm »
To me, a part being "in stock" is completely different than ordering matched parts.  Matched parts have to tested and sorted, since at that point, it's a speciality item, and not a stock item.  So, that takes time.  You can't just grab and go, in that scenario. 

I've ordered matched parts from Jeff too.  I gladly waited for the process to complete in a normal fashion.  And when needed again, I'll order matching, and be happy to wait.  To me, matching brings peace of mind, since I have an expert involved.   :D

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #57 on: 8 Feb 2019, 08:56 am »
First of all, thank you for the kind words!  It is very satisfying, and humbling to serve such wonderful customers.

While a direct reply is against my better judgement, I feel it necessary to set the record straight for 3 reasons.  First, I did not get a chance to review all of the details that surrounded Mr. Cooney’s order/claims before my reply late Monday night.  Second, future readers who skim these posts may get the wrong idea.  Third, those reasoning with Mr. Cooney, in part making excuses for SC (valid or not), are doing so as if his complaint may be valid.

-Mr. Cooney creates his account at SC on Saturday the 2nd at 2:35pm CST.

He is immediately emailed confirmation of his account creation:

Hi Duane

Welcome to Sonic Craft

You may now take part in the various services we offer. These services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check out.
Address Book - Select shipping destination from up to five stored addresses.
Order History - View orders, and print invoices.
Product Reviews - Share your opinion on products.

For assistance, please contact Customer Service: cs@soniccraft.com.

Not your account? Please notify us at once.

Note: Our site requires the use of cookies. If you have cookies disabled in your broswer, you will not be able to complete your purchase.

-Mr. Cooney places his first order on Saturday the 2nd at 2:38pm CST.

-He instantly receives order confirmation (exactly 2 days earlier).  As seen in the bottom of his first email Monday the 4th at 2:27pm CST:

To be clear, Sonic Craft is closed on Saturday, and Sunday.  However, I have an over achiever in the ranks.  This employee occasionally comes in on Saturday to catch us up for Monday.  Mr. Cooney’s order was a special order.  He had ordered L2 matching.  So, his order was tested, pulled, packed, and processed Saturday night the 2nd at 8:12pm CST.  The same system that sends tracking to OS Commerce (our ecommerce plateform), sends tracking to the customer.  OS Commerce shows the update immediately, but USPS does not initiate tracking for another 6 hours (but still some 42 hours before Duane's first inquiry).  This is what we see on the back end, and what Duane would see when clicking on his order history (circled in Red) respectively:

YES. Large text to get your attention, and it worked.

Actually, it did not.  Your second email to cs mentioned it.  I responded to your email with tracking before posting a reply here.  However, your Large text did elicit something. :roll:

I'm not the only one who's waited for an update based on your online purchase terms.

:scratch:

At purchase time, your online policy indicates the item was "in stock" and you'll send the tracking info.

Actually, it says you will receive tracking once the package has shipped.  As seen above in your first email Monday.  This statement indicates that you knew our terms when you placed the order Saturday afternoon.  So, why did you ask me if the caps were in stock?  Or, tracking for that matter?  It would have only made sense to wait until Monday evening.

Perhaps you can let people know you have some kind of 3-4 day handling time or something

Why would I do that?  I thought you had already read the terms?  The terms that you had to agree to when checking out?  The terms you were linked to immediately upon placing the order as well?  The terms that outline our same day shipping.  As in no handling time.  Not to mention our matching verbiage (you must have read) that says we will contact you if we have a problem with your matching request.

Even if we were open on Saturday and/or Sunday, and USPS was open, where are you getting 3 or 4 days???  Looks like 2, but we both know that orders placed between Friday at 3pm CST and Monday at 3pm CST do not ship until Monday evening.

so they don't sit and wait wondering (if the order went through or not)

They don't.  They receive instant notification just like you did.

(wondering if it's in stock or not)

You admitted to knowing policy from the beginning.  You also admit that you knew the caps were in stock.

(wondering if you forgot to send tracking info)

That is a lot of damn wonderment!  :lol:  If they were that inquisitive, I assume they would have checked into some of those links in the confirmation you immediately received.  Assuming your tracking was not received Saturday night, you would have been able to view it at anytime from that time forward.

Simple customer service.  Yes, in business people will expect you to follow through with exactly what your online policy states.

Now you tell me :duh:  30 years in the business...20 with SC...

We did finally receive a tracking email from you this morning.

Well, I can tell you that it was sent Saturday night, and again Monday at 10:51pm.

The key is you do follow through and it just takes a little longer. "Okay, no big deal", people will understand that, just state that right up front during the online purchase and everything will be okay.

I don't see any understanding in your first post.

Now making assumptions about what people will do afterwards

No one can be 100%, but I base it on my 30 years of customer experience.  I'm just glad you received them quickly :wink:

well, "we'll see what we get when it shows up".

Not sure where you are headed here, but you ordered/paid for L2 matching, and received a very tight L3 pair (2.2050uF/2.2055uF).

Hoping you can see and understanding it from a customers point of view until new customers get to know you.

Kinda guilty till proven innocent kind of thing?  I kinda see it the other way around.  There is no need for you to cast aspersions.  My history is on the web.  Here, or maybe some of that recent and unsolicited feedback on my site.  You know...  A little of that due diligence you keep eluding to...  Taking a moment to find out whom you are dealing with.  On the other hand, no one here knows anything about you...outside of your posts.
« Last Edit: 8 Feb 2019, 04:40 pm by Jeff »

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #58 on: 8 Feb 2019, 09:10 am »
Sure. Tried reaching them on late Monday with no responses, again.  I wouldn't care if it takes 14 days, just let us know...

About lunch time your time, and again 9 hours later.  I "try" to respond to email within 24 hours.  I responded within ~10 hours of your first email, and an hour and a half of your second.

Like others have noted,there is no phone number to call

The only one mentioning it is the trouble maker above.  He too is looking for something we do not offer.

the website says "under construction" in other languages in many places.

Only in FAQ.  It is Latin, and often used as a placeholder during development.  My apologies if it confused you.

All he needs to do is say my normal business processing hours are Tue-Fri or something, or "it may take me 3-5 days to get back to you" or something.  I was 5 minutes from canceling the Paypal transaction, and gave it a last shot, finally got a reply. The point is "just do what your online policy says" or "update your policy and tell people what to expect when they order", so they get an idea of what to expect or look for.  That's all. I don't know about you, but there are too many online scams now days, and it takes a while to get to know the honest folks from the scammers. Clearly this guy follows through eventually (and that's great). Any new customer just needs to know how "he" works and what to expect on their order...he just forgot to email the tracking number or respond to emails until this forum post was made.

See my previous post.

maxima95

« Reply #59 on: 9 Feb 2019, 12:15 am »
I don't blame you for doing a detailed analysis of this order.

All too often, those that order don't read what is in front of them, and have the patience and etiquette of a 2 year old. 

The ridiculous caps and boldface - i.e., screaming at the top of his lungs - have no place here.

Further, he was simply wrong.