Videos about Audiophile Cable

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Videos about Audiophile Cable
« Reply #160 on: 4 Mar 2021, 11:36 pm »
Any which way you believe about cables, all of this is about pursuing something that is unobtainable.  There are limitations and flaws throughout the entire process of audio presentation.

At some point you have to be happy with what you have.

If you can't, and money is burning a hole in your pocket, give it to charity.
You still won't be happy about your system, but maybe you will feel better by helping someone else.

You're absolutely right.  Speaking for myself, one nice thing about having gone to RMAF for the past 12 years is I've gotten to hear some of the very best gear in the world, year after year after year.  And what I learned very quickly is that there is an upper limit to how good hifi can actually get. 

Which is nice, because now I have a solid reference for any other speakers/electronics/wire that I put into my system.  I can say that you can get 80% of the way there for a moderate investment and you can get 90% there with a much more substantial investment.  To get 100% there requires stupid money.  Money that I, personally, am not willing to spend. 

And that's why I initially started to DIY stuff.  I realized I could get to the 90% level of performance for less than the cost of the 80% retail gear. 

Doublej

« Reply #161 on: 4 Mar 2021, 11:46 pm »
Tyson,

What is your dollar definition of moderate investment?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #162 on: 4 Mar 2021, 11:54 pm »
Tyson,

What is your dollar definition of moderate investment?

Retail?  $10k gets you to the 80% mark, if you shop wisely. $20k gets you to the 90% level.  And $100k gets you as good as it gets you to the 100%, at least IME.  That's retail.  If you're willing to DIY or buy used, you can cut those price points in half.

Barryg443

« Reply #163 on: 5 Mar 2021, 06:59 pm »
I am watching Danny’s videos, I’m very interested!  I do have a question.  In my  rack I have a Furman power sequencer model PS-8R series II.  Would it be beneficial to upgrade the power inlet cord to the Furman and make short power cords for my preamp and peripheral devices?  I am just thinking ahead not planning on anything immediately.  Seems to me the power amps and preamp are first concern for power cord upgrades!
Thanks
Barry

Edgar77

« Reply #164 on: 17 Mar 2021, 10:24 am »
Just in case the magic power cable is not good enough...

https://youtu.be/XJJy6VJvSCk

Barryg443

« Reply #165 on: 17 Mar 2021, 05:33 pm »
I bought a pair of Danny’s garage sale power cords, very happy with the quality.  Too soon to evaluate the sound difference!  I also purchased a speaker cable kit, very nice cable, I can’t wait til the weekend when I can work on them! 

Barry

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #166 on: 17 Mar 2021, 05:50 pm »
Just in case the magic power cable is not good enough...

https://youtu.be/XJJy6VJvSCk

A more realistic solution for most people are power regenerators like those by PS Audio  https://www.psaudio.com/product-category/power-regenerators/

Or going off grid like Danny's system.

Coleman996

« Reply #167 on: 17 Mar 2021, 06:41 pm »
Wow those guys are dedicated for sure!