Daedalus wood cases for Purity preamps

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Daedalus wood cases for Purity preamps
« on: 27 Dec 2011, 02:02 am »

Recently Bill Baker sent me one of his preamps to eval and I just love this pre!  I will have to have one here! So in a few months we will introduce custom dovetailed wood cases for the Purity preamps. Bill and Joe like my ideas for this and we think it will be a nice alternative to the plexiglass cases and will have possibly even better sonic characteristics than the stock case.
these are great preamps, the more I listen I feel that the defining characteristic must be what determined the name once they were built,... these preamps are PURE like a clear clean window to the music.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Daedalus wood cases for Purity preamps
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2011, 02:58 pm »
Thank you for the kind words Lou. Joe and I are obviously honored that you are finding the Reference to be everything the reviews and our customers claim it to be.

I think there will be many impressed music lovers once they see and hear the Daedalus hardwood versions. Certainly an exceptional example of what is possible when fine audio and skilled craftsmanship come together.

figcon

« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2011, 06:29 pm »
Great idea guys. Sorry I didn't get to hear the Purity preamp at RMAF.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2012, 02:30 am »
here are a couple of pics of the new Daedalus case for the Purity Preamps.
they are not quite done but you can get the idea....

btw this unit will used at the Capitol Audiofest and Bill told me it will be for sale there.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2012, 02:28 pm »
I will trade you nice wine for the cases.  :wine:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2012, 05:26 pm »
Lou did a beautiful job with these chassis. Fit and finish is perfect which is no surprise to those of you who have seen or own his speakers. Here is a quick shot of the Statement burning in further prior to sending it down to Capital Fest. Hope to see some of you there.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2012, 08:30 pm »
Lou did a beautiful job with these chassis. Fit and finish is perfect which is no surprise to those of you who have seen or own his speakers. Here is a quick shot of the Statement burning in further prior to sending it down to Capital Fest. Hope to see some of you there.

Those are beautiful, Bill.  Lou does exceptional casework and the marriage is one made in (sonic) heaven.  I have always thought that the damping qualities of wood cases is a strong influence on sound...  usually in a very good way.

Dave