Here is a great deal from an old friend...

Captainhemo

Re: Here is a great deal from an old friend...
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jan 2015, 08:15 pm »
Speaking of those diffusers,  how hevy (shipping wight) is the 4 pack shown o nthe website ?

-jay

ADD

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan 2015, 01:00 am »
Hi Jay,
 Igor here as Dave calls me anyway.
I think I in PI Audio Group Stands for Igor.
The weight on the two matched pair is 22 pounds.
Hope that helps. Back to my damp and dark cave.
Greg

Captainhemo

« Reply #22 on: 23 Jan 2015, 01:22 am »
Hi Jay,
 Igor here as Dave calls me anyway.
I think I in PI Audio Group Stands for Igor.
The weight on the two matched pair is 22 pounds.
Hope that helps. Back to my damp and dark cave.
Greg

:lol:  thanks "Igor"
Once spring arrives, I'll see if I can have somone make a trip across the border for me, that way  I can have  a set shipped there for pickup.  With the size and weight,  it'd probably b brutal getting them shippied direct

Sorry about the  "hijack"  John,   back to yor topic   !!
-jay

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 2015, 02:16 am »
I built these thing a LONG time ago for Art.  Yours are the new gen.  I have more ideas, though.  I just can't get to them now.

Email me when you get a chance.
Cool.  I did send an email...

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jan 2015, 03:18 am »
:lol:  thanks "Igor"
Once spring arrives, I'll see if I can have somone make a trip across the border for me, that way  I can have  a set shipped there for pickup.  With the size and weight,  it'd probably b brutal getting them shippied direct

Sorry about the  "hijack"  John,   back to yor topic   !!
-jay

Marty Feldman's face (Young Frankenstein) appeared out of nowhere.  :icon_lol:

It might take a wee bit of planning, but......we'll almost certainly visit our friends in Vancouver by Summer....just a thought.

Captainhemo

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2015, 04:43 am »

Marty Feldman's face (Young Frankenstein) appeared out of nowhere.  :icon_lol:

It might take a wee bit of planning, but......we'll almost certainly visit our friends in Vancouver by Summer....just a thought.

Will definitely keep that in  mind Michael,  thank you.   And you know,  summer could be a pretty good time for that  mini GTG we talked about... tunes, BBQ , beverages... hmmmmm

-jay

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #26 on: 27 Jan 2015, 03:57 pm »
In need of three - two outlet conditioners or regenerators . Can PI fufill my needs ?  One for a solid state preamp and dac . The other two would be for a pair of mono block Hypex ncore and a pair of electro stat speakers
You have another PM...

InfernoSTi

« Reply #27 on: 18 Feb 2015, 02:07 am »
I am very happy with the Uber.  I have tried it with the DAC, pre amp, and amp all hooked up (nice improvement) and also just the amp.  I actually like it best with just the amp but that may be due to the fact that I moved everything else to a different outlet a distance away (I haven't checked to see if it is the same circuit or a separate circuit...chances are it is the same). 

Oh, I did do a direct comparison but soon lost interest in taking things in and out to test. I sent a note to Art describing a couple of songs that really stood out as distinct improvements. The main difference was the purity of the tone with the Uber when certain notes were struck was unmistakable (one was a Beth Orton song, Stolen Car, which has some plucked guitar strings that always sounded nice but now they were "right there" the made me look up!).  So after that I just stopped analyzing and started listening...

So I think I need a second unit (perhaps a miniBuss since the DAC and pre amp have pretty good filters built in).  I'm sold!

John

mresseguie

« Reply #28 on: 18 Feb 2015, 02:50 am »
John,

I think Dave is off on a cruise somewhere listening to great Blues.

Welcome to the 'dark' side. I remember trying with and without about 4 times before I got tired of all the switching back and forth. The difference in SQ with the Uber was astonishing. My system is so much quieter with my UberBUSS. It's been hooked up ever since. I'll be adding a MajikBuss or MiniBuss before too long for a vacation home with VERY noisy power lines.

Congratulations!

Michael

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #29 on: 22 Feb 2015, 10:08 pm »
I am very happy with the Uber.  I have tried it with the DAC, pre amp, and amp all hooked up (nice improvement) and also just the amp.  I actually like it best with just the amp but that may be due to the fact that I moved everything else to a different outlet a distance away (I haven't checked to see if it is the same circuit or a separate circuit...chances are it is the same). 

Oh, I did do a direct comparison but soon lost interest in taking things in and out to test. I sent a note to Art describing a couple of songs that really stood out as distinct improvements. The main difference was the purity of the tone with the Uber when certain notes were struck was unmistakable (one was a Beth Orton song, Stolen Car, which has some plucked guitar strings that always sounded nice but now they were "right there" the made me look up!).  So after that I just stopped analyzing and started listening...

So I think I need a second unit (perhaps a miniBuss since the DAC and pre amp have pretty good filters built in).  I'm sold!

John
I'm back.  We went on the Joe Bonamassa Blues Alive at Sea cruise and had "almost" too much fun... if that is possible.

Yep, the difference in SQ and micro dynamics that give the "right there" quality that you mentioned is amazing.  Like Emeril says: "sometimes I even amaze myself".   :lol:

InfernoSTi

« Reply #30 on: 25 Feb 2015, 03:22 am »
I've seen Joe B on dry land and he was rocking...I can't imagine how much more on the open ocean!!!  Thanks for the e-mail, Dave.  Looking forward to "Uber teil zwei" in the main rig!!!

John

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #31 on: 25 Feb 2015, 04:01 am »
I've seen Joe B on dry land and he was rocking...I can't imagine how much more on the open ocean!!!  Thanks for the e-mail, Dave.  Looking forward to "Uber teil zwei" in the main rig!!!

John
Joe is great when he is doing "the Joe B" thing, but he is much better when he just one of the players.  Rock Candy Funk Party was too much fun.  If you don't feel "it" when they are playing, you're dead.  The jam sessions with everyone and Joe sitting in were amazing!

I have to say that the guitar tone monster was Bernie Marsden.  Holy crap, what sounds!!!  More to him than Whitesnake.  Great guy to talk to and just a guy. Pudgy fingers full of music.

I could go on and on, but...  Superlatives confound me right now.  Ana Popovic... What a player/singer and a lovely lady to boot.

We are preregistered for next year.  It will be a 6 day cruise with even more players.

Did I mention J. B. Simo, Robert Randolph, Kirk Fletcher and Josh Smith, Brandon Santini and everyone else?  Or Joann Shaw Taylor, Robben Ford (OMG) and everyone else?

See ya'll there next year?

Wow.

InfernoSTi

« Reply #32 on: 26 Feb 2015, 05:03 am »
Joe is great when he is doing "the Joe B" thing, but he is much better when he just one of the players.  Rock Candy Funk Party was too much fun.  If you don't feel "it" when they are playing, you're dead.  The jam sessions with everyone and Joe sitting in were amazing!

I have to say that the guitar tone monster was Bernie Marsden.  Holy crap, what sounds!!!  More to him than Whitesnake.  Great guy to talk to and just a guy. Pudgy fingers full of music.

I could go on and on, but...  Superlatives confound me right now.  Ana Popovic... What a player/singer and a lovely lady to boot.

We are preregistered for next year.  It will be a 6 day cruise with even more players.

Did I mention J. B. Simo, Robert Randolph, Kirk Fletcher and Josh Smith, Brandon Santini and everyone else?  Or Joann Shaw Taylor, Robben Ford (OMG) and everyone else?

See ya'll there next year?

Wow.

Dave,

You got my attention!  I am seriously considering this...I've been waiting for a "just right" first cruise to go on and have never found it...until now! 

John

P.S. My PRS guitar is the Bernie Marsden signature model...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #33 on: 26 Feb 2015, 06:05 am »
Dave,

You got my attention!  I am seriously considering this...I've been waiting for a "just right" first cruise to go on and have never found it...until now! 

John

P.S. My PRS guitar is the Bernie Marsden signature model...
Bernie is a very cool guy.  Kind, considerate and very funny.  I enjoyed talking with him.  That PRS is a tone monster.  He was playing through a 50W Marshall and 4x12 cabinet.  No pedals, just huge sounds.

I'll see you there!

InfernoSTi

« Reply #34 on: 26 Feb 2015, 01:05 pm »
Bernie is a very cool guy.  Kind, considerate and very funny.  I enjoyed talking with him.  That PRS is a tone monster.  He was playing through a 50W Marshall and 4x12 cabinet.  No pedals, just huge sounds.

I'll see you there!

That is awesome!  And you are right, that Bernie PSR is a tone monster.  I play mine through a Marshall DSL all tube head and a custom 2x12 cabinet no pedals...glad I've got one thing right! 

John

InfernoSTi

« Reply #35 on: 11 Mar 2015, 01:30 pm »
I'm still enjoying the Mongo hardwired Uber very much (Mongo's to the wall outlet and to the IEC on the amp). 

However, I have my power amp on the front wall outlet which is different than my front end.  My source and pre amp are located on the sidewall on a sidewall outlet (such a location choice is a primary benefit of a fully balanced setup, in my opinion).

So I've ordered a second Uber from Dave.  This one will be hardwired to the wall outlet with a Mongo II with three outlets for my front end to utilize. I'm super excited to have the second one in the system in a few weeks!

Best,
John

InfernoSTi

« Reply #36 on: 2 Apr 2015, 12:15 am »
My second Uber has been shipped!  Should see it by the weekend (Saturday delivery) with any luck.  I am supper excited to have my DAC and pre amp on the Uberbuss with a Mongo II to the wall.   Super excited...

John
« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2015, 01:43 am by InfernoSTi »

InfernoSTi

« Reply #37 on: 4 Apr 2015, 01:02 am »
Dave,

The Uber with the hardwired Mongo II and FI-28 plug arrived today!  I just put it in the system and am very happy.  Black background and silky smooth music.  I’ve got my "go to" playlist playing and things sound wonderful.  Thank you…

John

mresseguie

« Reply #38 on: 4 Apr 2015, 01:25 am »
Uber quiet, no doubt!  :thumb: