New to Audio Circle

djray

New to Audio Circle
« on: 6 May 2021, 11:51 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am finally making my first post in Audio Circle, specifically for Spatial Speakers.  Here's some info about my system:

After owning Acoustat 1, Magnepan 3.5, Magnepan 20.1 and Innersound EROS, I am thoroughly enjoying Spatial Sapphire M3 speakers.  Had I not moved to central Florida I would probably still own the 20.1s and would not know anything about Spatial.  Within the past seven months I have done in-home auditions on Magnepan 3.7i (just couldn't get the speakers to sound right in my 16' x 16' room) and Eminent Technology LFT-8b (sounded just a little thin).  I called Clayton at Spatial so I could get a demo pair sent to me.  We discussed the logistics of a demo and I asked if any owners lived near me.  Luckily, someone 30 minutes away just purchased X3s and I was able to demo the X3s so I could experience the open baffle sound. I liked what I heard.  After discussing my listening preferences and my room size, Clayton recommended either the M3 or the X5.  Since Spatial has a one year upgrade policy I decided to start with the M3.  Good decision!  I now have the Sapphire M3s dialed in and powered by a Raven Nighthawk MK3.1 integrated.  I also use an Audio Kinesis Swarm dba and am a happy guy.   The rest of my system is a VPI Classic 2 with VPI JMW tonearm and ZYX Ultimate 100H cartridge feeding an Ayre P5-Xe phono stage, a Marantz SA-8004 CD player, Bluesound Node 2i streamer and a Project Pre Box S2 DAC.

I've been reading a lot of the AudioCircle posts and now it's my turn to contribute to AudioCircle.  This should be fun!

TomS

Re: New to Audio Circle
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2021, 12:56 am »
Welcome and very nice system! I'm in SW Florida and after many speakers, moved to the X5's, couldn't be happier.

Johnny_Fi

« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2021, 04:59 pm »
Welcome! I'm brand new here too. Can't wait for my M5's to arrive.

Ericp_123

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2021, 01:47 am »
Placed an order last week for a pair of X3’s to complement my large room (17’x25’x18’).  This will be my first OB speaker purchase.  Looking forward to hearing the results of pairing the X3’s with my PS Audio BHK electronics and my room.

Highly appreciate the time Clayton spent on the phone answering my questions. Truly a class act. 

Happy listening.

Johnny_Fi

« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2021, 04:20 pm »
I wish y'all would stop ordering new speakers so mine would arrive faster! :lol:

Spatial Audio

« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2021, 03:56 am »
I wish y'all would stop ordering new speakers so mine would arrive faster! :lol:

Yeah - you guys need to stop ordering our speakers. My production team would like a weekend off.   :)

doggie

« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2021, 12:50 pm »
Yeah - you guys need to stop ordering our speakers. My production team would like a weekend off.   :)

I think that this is what would be considered a "good" problem!  ;)

eslheadphone

« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2021, 09:31 pm »
My interest in open baffle speakers was spawned by( just for grins) placing a pair of Knight KN1200'S ( supposedly  a EV 12b  made for Allied Radio ) on a baffle and gave them a listen.  Can't  believe  what they can do. Now I am intrested in what a pair of proper set of ob speakers  can do. I am the proud owner of a Nelson Pass Sony VFET amp and love the sound of this amp . With only 10 watts per channel and a small listening room I am wondering  if an open baffle system is right for me.

doggie

« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2021, 02:51 pm »
You might consider one of the X series. They have powered sub drivers using Hypex amp modules.

If my X5's ever ship I will be using them with a 12 watt Linear Tube Audio Z10 Integrated amp which Clayton thought that would make a good pairing.

I used to have a First Watt Sit3 with some Omega Audio single driver speakers. I bet your amp would be an excellent pairing with the X3/5.

Give Clayton a call.