My recent Visit to GR Research HQ

FSMR4EARS

My recent Visit to GR Research HQ
« on: 6 May 2021, 05:33 am »
Mr Richie was kind enough to consent to improve the 35 year old XO's in my Tannoys.
He also let me listen to his top speakers currently in his listening room.
I was overwhelmed by the clarity, presence and soundstage they presented.
The Servo woofers were very clean and seemed to go as low as anything
I had experienced.
Well worth the visit if you are serious about obtaining the best sound for
your dollar.
Generally buyers are well advised to never buy a speaker without hearing it first.
In the case of Danny's products,  I give you my approval to break this rule.

Shives

• I like French fries
Re: My recent Visit to GR Research HQ
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2021, 12:51 pm »
I was just out there in March, to April. I hope you did not stay at the LaQuinta in Wichita Falls? Lol. Man, his listening room is awesome!!  Have a seat, close your eyes, your at a live concert! That setup really does this well!! I had to just walk around and look at everything and how it was hooked up! Glad you got a chance to visit. I hope more folks do! Great guy, lot of fun! Looking at a possible move! Can’t wait to see the room done in the warehouse. That will be amazing.

FSMR4EARS

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2021, 03:51 pm »
Shives- Yes I did stay at a La Quinta in Wichita Falls. Will not stay there on my return visit.
Agree completely with your comments!

coopman

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2021, 04:34 pm »
Thanks for your report.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2021, 04:36 pm »
I bet it's amazing! I dream of going there someday, but that's a long haul.

My wife and I regularly discuss moving when the next round of Tax hikes hits Kalifornia and we can't afford it anymore, and "Texas Hill Country" is one of the options we look at (she even belongs to a FaceBook group that is dedicated to Californians moving to Texas.

That would still be a Looong drive, but maybe as part of a longer driving tour of possible destinations for the possible move.

Haven't heard the Xtremes or the Line Force. Gotta be incredible with all the care taking in getting everything matched up.

Danny: Any idea of how long before you get your new listening room is finished?  :green:

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2021, 05:04 pm »
Danny: Any idea of how long before you get your new listening room is finished?  :green:

Good question. Builders and contractors are SUPER busy right now and almost impossible to hire one. And my time is maxed out and then some. So i don't see me knocking it all out myself like I would have liked to.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 7 May 2021, 01:04 am »
Funny y'all mention the LaQuinta hotel in Wichita Falls...
Betcha cant guess where I'm staying this week... :P
It's not the worst hotel I've ever been to, but it could definitely be uhhh... better...  :lol:

New listening room definitely has a long way to go, but it'll be a great spot once it's ready.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2021, 03:44 am »
No way!!! Stop it! White SUV and some kids still peddling shit in front of everyone? Lol. I said once, we should make a post of where not to stay when visiting. Lmao. That place.. stay away from 211. I got photos that will haunt you.