Phish back out on tour this summer!! :-)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Phish back out on tour this summer!! :-)
« on: 9 Jan 2009, 09:39 pm »
What started out as single three day engagement at the Hamptom Colisuem in March, has now grown to a mini tour this summer.   :dance:

Even better, they will be playing in my neck of the woods!   :thumb:

Here's the complete rundown of Phish's summer tour:

• June 4: Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, N.Y.   
• June 5: Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, N.Y.   
• June 6: Comcast Center, Mansfield, Mass.   
• June 7: Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, N.J.   
• June 9: Asheville Civic Center, Asheville, N.C.   
• June 16: Fox Theatre, St. Louis, Mo.
• June 18: Post Gazette Pavilion, Burgettstown, Pa.   
• June 19: Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, Ind.   
• June 20: Alpine Valley, East Troy, Wis.   
• June 21: Alpine Valley, East Troy, Wis.

George

maxwalrath

Re: Phish back out on tour this summer!! :-)
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2009, 09:41 pm »
I already requested my 4 tickets on presale.  Don't know how that works, but I've bought tickets for their last 3 shows in/near Philly, so hopefully they give tickets to repeat buyers.

posternutbag2000

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2009, 12:34 am »
Very excited as well...We have Hampton tix and plan on hitting the first 4 shows of the summer tour with a little east coast jaunt and then I'm going to do a quick fly-by into St Louis to catch a show at the Fabulous Fox (capacity ~4000!!!)...Now lets hope the ticket fairy will be so kind as to hook me up with good seats (or any seats for the St Louis show)...

Plus we'll have the west coast leg to look forward to...Red Rocks, the Gorge, Shoreline are rumored....maybe they'll throw a few theatre shows our way as well...

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2009, 01:00 am »
Hey Phish fans.  What are your favorite 3 Phish CD's??
I have a Picture of Nectar but want more.

Thanks a bunch.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2009, 02:50 am »
Hey Phish fans.  What are your favorite 3 Phish CD's??
I have a Picture of Nectar but want more.

Thanks a bunch.

In terms of studio albums, my top three (in no particular order) are:

• Hoist
  • Junta
  • Picture of Nectar

Since you already have Picture of Nectar, I would suggest getting one of their live albums.  A couple really good choices would be:

• Hampton Comes Alives
  • Live at Madison Square Garden New Year's Eve 1995

George

posternutbag2000

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2009, 03:46 am »
I'd add Phish Live to that list...top notch versions of Slave, Hood, YEM...culled from their Fall 94 tour I believe...

I'm partial to Rift as my fav studio album...great flow to it...

have fun!

MaxCast

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2009, 12:25 pm »
Thanks Guys  :thumb:

rydenfan

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2009, 03:07 pm »
Rift is my favorite studio albums as well as Billy Breathes, but I would highly recommend some live stuff. Of course that is coming from someone who has seen them over 300 times so I may be a bit biased  :wink:

Hicks

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2009, 08:34 pm »
Rift
Junta
Billy Breathes

Rift and Junta are really good for beginners IMO. 

But I agree with rydenfan, their shows are where the real heat is at, here's one of my favorites and a great recording to boot:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=520852

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

arthurs

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2009, 05:33 pm »
I'm honored Chris...my humble little room in your avatar!   :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2009, 05:35 pm »
Its a nice room - nice system....I'm jealous. :lol:

arthurs

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2009, 05:42 pm »
Its a nice room - nice system....I'm jealous. :lol:

aw shucks....thanks man!  (not much left in it that's in that picture though, time for another visit!)

lonewolfny42

s_cervin

« Reply #14 on: 24 Jan 2009, 02:20 pm »
WOW!!  Never would have expected Zybar to post about Phish.  Trying to figure out how to work a mini run in for the summer tour.  If anyone is interested I have many audience recordings (used to be a taper).  Schoeps, Microtech Geffel, and Neumann KM-140 > Grace Designs > Apogee sources from FOB and some from the section.

SC

sts9fan

« Reply #15 on: 3 Feb 2009, 01:07 pm »
So I guess we can all say for sure LIveNation SUCKS!!!  What a clusterfuck.
Anyway I ended up getting the MA show and will be heading down for the Hampton 3 night run.  Should be fun!

Also for albums you really should start with "A Live One" and the new 7 disk box set "Live at the Roxy" is friggin sweet.  It is from 93?  So it will be not indicative of the current show but has pretty much every classic Phish jam.
Having seem Phish 70ish times I am just learning they have studio albums... :duh:
Anyone got a Lawnboy Vinyl to sell?

Hicks

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #16 on: 3 Feb 2009, 05:42 pm »
So I guess we can all say for sure LIveNation SUCKS!!!  What a clusterfuck.
Anyway I ended up getting the MA show and will be heading down for the Hampton 3 night run.  Should be fun!

Also for albums you really should start with "A Live One" and the new 7 disk box set "Live at the Roxy" is friggin sweet.  It is from 93?  So it will be not indicative of the current show but has pretty much every classic Phish jam.
Having seem Phish 70ish times I am just learning they have studio albums... :duh:
Anyone got a Lawnboy Vinyl to sell?

I thought the Roxy Box sounded horrible, super compressed and thin sounding.  The official releases from summer 93 sound sooooo much better, especially 8-13-93. 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 3 Feb 2009, 05:44 pm »
WOW!!  Never would have expected Zybar to post about Phish.  Trying to figure out how to work a mini run in for the summer tour.  If anyone is interested I have many audience recordings (used to be a taper).  Schoeps, Microtech Geffel, and Neumann KM-140 > Grace Designs > Apogee sources from FOB and some from the section.

SC

Hmmm...

While I am not the biggest Phish fan out there, I have gone to over 30 shows and have a decent show collection.

George

sts9fan

« Reply #18 on: 3 Feb 2009, 05:54 pm »
I thought the Roxy Box sounded horrible, super compressed and thin sounding.  The official releases from summer 93 sound sooooo much better, especially 8-13-93. 

for sure not the greatest sounding.  Still sounds better then all the shows I listened to on tapes for so long.  I am not gonna throw it in to show off the system but for rocking in the car its great.  No better group of songs in one set.  What do you think of "Colorado 88'"? The whole thing has background his but imho is an AMAZING release.  Fantastic music throughout.

Hicks

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #19 on: 3 Feb 2009, 08:13 pm »

for sure not the greatest sounding.  Still sounds better then all the shows I listened to on tapes for so long.  I am not gonna throw it in to show off the system but for rocking in the car its great.  No better group of songs in one set.  What do you think of "Colorado 88'"? The whole thing has background his but imho is an AMAZING release.  Fantastic music throughout.

Colorado 88 is great, sure its got tape hiss but it was still a huge upgrade over the multiple cassette generations sources that we had before, plus I think the Maiden Voyage and maybe a couple other tracks had not circulated before.  I'd love to see them put out more early stuff, some of the shows from 87 and even late 86 are really fun and I bet the band's tapes would be huge upgrades, as long as they don't compress them like they did with the Roxy box.

Honestly the raw SBD of 2-20-93 that has circulated for years sounds better than the official version to my ears.  I was really disappointed with that release.