Best Led Zeppelin boxed set?

oddeophile

Re: Best Led Zeppelin boxed set?
« Reply #20 on: 19 Dec 2008, 04:53 am »
Does anyone know if the U.S. version is SHM pressing as well?

I own the newest version.  i believe it's SHM.  It simply blows away other versions.  (I know, I sell them all).  The problem is there's little or bonus tracks, although you do get every alternative album cover for what it's worth.

Hi guys;

I have the Japanese SHM version of this box, and it is defintely an improvement over the EU pressings from a few years back, even though these new discs aren't actually 'remastered'.  Note that ONLY THE JAPAN pressing of this box is on SHM-CD.  The Japan discs will of course contain the OBI, and the SHM-CDs can also be distinguished from regular CDs in that SHM is printed around the centre hub of the disc.

Con-fusion

Re: Best Led Zeppelin boxed set?
« Reply #21 on: 2 Jan 2009, 05:44 pm »
Hi all, new guy here.

I was at the 72-73 show in the nose bleeds at the old Seattle King dome (now demolished) the sound was pretty bad, not sure what is was like down on the floor.
As for the Mothership release on LP I cannot make up my mind. Some tracks are pretty good, while others are overly dense, no separation of instruments and somewhat harsh. Now this could be that the originals are well not that great to start with, I don't know I have never listened to them :)
Anyone have this and the original lp's to compare ?