John Prine Hospitalized in Critical Condition with Covid-19

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: John Prine Hospitalized in Critical Condition with Covid-19
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2020, 12:39 am »
I saw that!  I hope he makes it through.  I'm not a country fan but I see Joe Diffie has died of COVID-19.

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2020, 12:50 am »
I think of him more as a 'folkie' which to me is not the same thing but maybe that's splitting hairs. One of the all-time great songwriters. Hope he recovers.

Edit: Perhaps I misunderstood. I don't know who Joe Diffie was but I'm sure he had loved ones who will grieve him. Heartfelt blessings to them.

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2020, 11:40 am »
It does not look good.  He had lung cancer, and covid-19 specifically attacks the lungs (among other cells that use the ACE2 system). 

Covid-19 is a confusing disease, as many of those who die are older (70+) with co-morbidities, but I keep seeing younger people who don't seem to have those issues dying.  In my town, we have a family where the dad has it and was in the ICU (no update since the initial email), and he's around my age, with two younger kids also about the ages of my daughters.

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2020, 05:27 pm »
This sucks. I won't count him out yet, he's a tough old bird. Thoughts and prayers going out to him and his family.

-Dieter

charmerci

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2020, 05:48 pm »
Listening to some of the songs off of his last album from 2018, I thought he sounded really weak even back then. His wife had Covid-19 before he caught it.
Looking grim.  :(

dflee

« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2020, 07:40 pm »
Singer John Prine is in stable condition, his wife says
John Prine is in stable condition after being placed on a ventilator while being treated for COVID-19-type symptoms, his wife, Fiona Whelan Prine said Monday
By
The Associated Press
March 30, 2020, 1:32 PM
2 min read