The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread

mikeeastman

Re: The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread
« Reply #780 on: 13 Sep 2019, 10:53 pm »
I've got about 275 hrs on the Milflex bypass caps and the edge on female voice is gone, now their smooth as silk and everything just keeps sounding better.
I’ve got it and I have it bad, upgrade fever and it’s all Tysons fault. :thumb: Those  Milflex sound so good I have to try more.
 I’m adding Milflex bypass caps and Path Audio resistors to the notch filter and replacing my speaker cable, rewiring my X-over and rewiring my speakers all with Neotech gold/silver wire. I got a good price on the wire in a group buy, I was going to use it in a dac and amp that got canceled.

I hope to get it all made up and burned in by the time my new all in one streamer, dac and amp shows up next month.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #781 on: 13 Sep 2019, 11:05 pm »
I've got about 275 hrs on the Milflex bypass caps and the edge on female voice is gone, now their smooth as silk and everything just keeps sounding better.
I’ve got it and I have it bad, upgrade fever and it’s all Tysons fault. :thumb: Those  Milflex sound so good I have to try more.
 I’m adding Milflex bypass caps and Path Audio resistors to the notch filter and replacing my speaker cable, rewiring my X-over and rewiring my speakers all with Neotech gold/silver wire. I got a good price on the wire in a group buy, I was going to use it in a dac and amp that got canceled.

I hope to get it all made up and burned in by the time my new all in one streamer, dac and amp shows up next month.

All my fault!  Haha, you made me smile, thanks man :D 

IMO, with the stock parts, the Super 7 was already in the top 5% of all speakers, performance wise.  With each improvement you've made, it gets a bit better and better, till you're in some REALLY exalted company by the time you're done. 

ETA - what new all-in-one is coming your way?  Sounds yummy!

Captainhemo

« Reply #782 on: 13 Sep 2019, 11:20 pm »
Hope you  picked up  lots of that  Silver/gold Neotech, takes  a ton of runs to build a speaker cable  !
If you  end up needing more,  LMK,  don still has a buch he   would likely sell

jay

mikeeastman

« Reply #783 on: 13 Sep 2019, 11:28 pm »
I know I'll need 125 meters, I have 100 meters, I think the other 25M is coming from Don,via someone else.

Captainhemo

« Reply #784 on: 14 Sep 2019, 03:54 pm »
Cool  8)
You'll love the transparancy of that  wire. I use a  cable between  my  DAC and  amp  made of   the same stuff
  Be careful with it,  it can be tricky to work with until it's braided in to lager   cables. It's delicate stuff  right off the spool.

jay

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #785 on: 14 Sep 2019, 04:27 pm »

The wire is great, it has a wonderful tone and i'm sure that you'll love it, as well as the dac/amp, I've been lucky enough to listen to it 4 or 5 times during it's development and you are in for a treat. It sounds so right that I actually have a tough time telling folks how good it really is, i'm hoping to hear the final version within the next couple of weeks but I can say with almost certainty that you will love it with your speakers.

Cheers,

Don

Captainhemo

« Reply #786 on: 14 Sep 2019, 06:01 pm »
The wire is great, it has a wonderful tone and i'm sure that you'll love it, as well as the dac/amp, I've been lucky enough to listen to it 4 or 5 times during it's development and you are in for a treat. It sounds so right that I actually have a tough time telling folks how good it really is, i'm hoping to hear the final version within the next couple of weeks but I can say with almost certainty that you will love it with your speakers.

Cheers,

Don

:o :o  the illusive one speaks !!!   LOL

:beer:

jay

mikeeastman

« Reply #787 on: 14 Sep 2019, 09:24 pm »
I'm familiar with the wire, I wired my present amp with it. I keep hearing great things about that new compo set up but as good as my system sounds now,  it's not real to me that it can get that much better, but so for his gear has been as good or better than he's claimed, so I'm ready to have my reality broken.  :o

Captainhemo

« Reply #788 on: 14 Sep 2019, 10:18 pm »
I'm familiar with the wire, I wired my present amp with it. I keep hearing great things about that new compo set up but as good as my system sounds now,  it's not real to me that it can get that much better, but so for his gear has been as good or better than he's claimed, so I'm ready to have my reality broken.  :o

Well,  I haven't heard the latest  version with all th latest tweaks/upgrades he's   implemented but  the one I  did hear  was  very  god.   I  was impressed   

jay

titaniumheads

« Reply #789 on: 23 Sep 2019, 03:28 pm »
It looks like the NEO 10s are almost going to be double the cost of what they were when they are available again. Sure glad I got my speakers earlier. I still think they are the best money I have ever spent on audio.

Nick77

« Reply #790 on: 23 Sep 2019, 05:40 pm »
It looks like the NEO 10s are almost going to be double the cost of what they were when they are available again. Sure glad I got my speakers earlier. I still think they are the best money I have ever spent on audio.
Nice, I was a day late to the party. 😣

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #791 on: 23 Sep 2019, 06:47 pm »
I put a lot of stuff on hold to get mine while the price was still right.  I've waited on too many deals only to have it go away at some point.

Now if I can just find a great amp at a reasonable price.

Tyson

« Reply #792 on: 23 Sep 2019, 06:58 pm »
I put a lot of stuff on hold to get mine while the price was still right.  I've waited on too many deals only to have it go away at some point.

I’m a big fan of the Dennis Had ‘Inspire’ amps.  Particularly the single ended pentode mate well with the Super 7 and they also give you a ton of tube rolling options. 

Nick77

« Reply #793 on: 23 Sep 2019, 07:05 pm »

Ya I regret not grabbing those drivers when they were $199.  :duh:

Tyson

« Reply #794 on: 23 Sep 2019, 07:46 pm »
So it'll be $400 per Neo 10?  Damn, that's $3200 for just the midrange drivers. 

titaniumheads

« Reply #795 on: 23 Sep 2019, 08:15 pm »
$370 at a couple places

Tyson

« Reply #796 on: 23 Sep 2019, 08:30 pm »
Still worth it though.  Even at the increased cost, nothing touches the Super 7s, IME.  For example, this past year at RMAF, I listened to every major room that had full range speaker setups.  The best room was the Prana Fidelity fully active setup, but it was $35k.  And it was close to the Super 7s in some regards, but in most areas the Super 7s are clearly better.  Having the Super 7s at home makes going to shows like RMAF kind of no fun, lol.

Nick77

« Reply #797 on: 23 Sep 2019, 08:40 pm »
Still worth it though.  Even at the increased cost, nothing touches the Super 7s, IME.  For example, this past year at RMAF, I listened to every major room that had full range speaker setups.  The best room was the Prana Fidelity fully active setup, but it was $35k.  And it was close to the Super 7s in some regards, but in most areas the Super 7s are clearly better.  Having the Super 7s at home makes going to shows like RMAF kind of no fun, lol.

Thats awesome! For me hearing some nice expensive speaks and coming home to hohum is a bummer. haha

Hoping to do the Mini's soon. Thats ridiculous they have doubled the price on the driver, hopefully Danny comes thru soon.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #798 on: 23 Sep 2019, 09:16 pm »
Even the minis sound fantastic so you can still get that high end sound at a reasonable price.

Early B.

« Reply #799 on: 23 Sep 2019, 10:40 pm »
Thats ridiculous they have doubled the price on the driver, hopefully Danny comes thru soon.

Danny -- can you give us a few more details on what you're working on?? Will your pricing for comparable Neo10's be much more reasonable? 

We know this kind of stuff takes time and you're probably reluctant to reveal too much too soon, but even a liberal ballpark estimate on the possibility of working something out would be helpful. A friend wants to build the Super 7's, but he won't wait forever.