Netflix: What to watch?

ajzepp

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #80 on: 1 Jun 2014, 02:52 pm »
I have no idea why I loved this movie as much as I did...it was suggested by a friend who knows me pretty well, and she was spot on in her recommendation. It's pretty corny, and not very realistic, but it has a big heart and characters that are hard not to enjoy. It's not going to win any academy awards, but I really liked it.

stlrman

« Reply #81 on: 13 Dec 2014, 09:50 pm »
Don't miss the four part series called Southcliff!
It's about a serial muder spree in a small town in England .
It's very well done!! Awesome cinematography , fantastic acting all the way around .
Here is a bit more info:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/review-southcliffe-may-be-the-best-new-series-on-netflix-you-havent-yet-watched-20140926
Enjoy!

Chazro

« Reply #82 on: 13 Dec 2014, 10:41 pm »
Since Sons Of Anarchy ended I started watching it again, from the beginning, on Netflix.  Tellyawhat, and I realize this'll be blasphemy to many, this crime-story lovin' viewer finds SOA infinitely more entertaining than Breaking Bad!  And I loved BB!  Never understood why BB got so many accolades and awards and SOA never saw anything.  I guess cookin' Meth is an easier pill to swallow than gun-runnin' motorcycle gangs!;)  Anyhow, really enjoying it much more this time around.  Just got sent an email today from Netflix that Wolf Of Wall Street's available so I know what I'll be watchin' tonight! 

Bemopti123

« Reply #83 on: 13 Dec 2014, 10:44 pm »
Marco Polo has just been released.  A grand scale reinterpretation of the narratives of Marco Polo. 

stlrman

« Reply #84 on: 15 Jan 2015, 11:28 pm »
Blue Ruin is one I can't wait to see!! :thumb:
96% on Rotton Tomatoes!!!

won ton on

« Reply #85 on: 16 Jan 2015, 02:19 am »
I just watched the video about Ginger Baker,beware of Mr. Baker.It is a must watch for any fan of Cream.

shahed

« Reply #86 on: 16 Jan 2015, 02:55 am »
I've watched 'Blue Ruin' on Netflix instant. It's a great movie. Last night I watched 'Short Term 12" on netflix instant. If Roger Ebert was alive he'd give it 4 start. A heart warming gem of a movie.

neekomax

« Reply #87 on: 16 Jan 2015, 03:49 am »
Hey hey...

Been like 1,000 years since I last posted to AC, nice to be back.

As Netflix stuff goes... watched most of the first season of this last week at my girl's recommendation... epic. It's a gangster thing, set in Birmingham, England just after WWI. The gang is called the 'Peaky Blinders' because they sewed razor blades into the brims ('peaks') of their caps. I think it's a lot of fun.

http://flicksided.com/2014/12/07/peaky-blinders-best-show-youve-probably-never-heard/

lowtech

« Reply #88 on: 16 Jan 2015, 04:17 am »
Blue Ruin is one I can't wait to see!! :thumb:
96% on Rotton Tomatoes!!!

Good movie unless you're expecting a happy ending.

JEaton

« Reply #89 on: 16 Jan 2015, 07:08 am »
As Netflix stuff goes... watched most of the first season of this last week at my girl's recommendation... epic. It's a gangster thing, set in Birmingham, England just after WWI. The gang is called the 'Peaky Blinders' because they sewed razor blades into the brims ('peaks') of their caps. I think it's a lot of fun.

Peaky Blinders is great. Makes me miss Boardwalk Empire just a little bit less.

JoshK

« Reply #90 on: 22 Jan 2015, 04:12 pm »
Marco Polo has just been released.  A grand scale reinterpretation of the narratives of Marco Polo. 

Super excellent series!

Others I really like, Wentworth,  The Almighty Johnsons,  BoJack Horsemen,  Mike Tyson Mysteries

persisting1

« Reply #91 on: 22 Jan 2015, 09:06 pm »
I really enjoyed The Honourable Woman.

skifasterslc

« Reply #92 on: 22 Jan 2015, 11:40 pm »
I watched "I am ALI" last night and enjoyed it very much

soundbitten1

« Reply #93 on: 23 Jan 2015, 12:58 am »
Lilyhammer with  Steven Van Zandt. Little Steven plays a mobster that goes to Norway under the witness protection program. Addictive black comedy series.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #94 on: 25 Jan 2015, 08:19 pm »
Jekyll was great - modern retelling with a secret high tech agency, and Nesbitt is amazing.  I haven't seen an actor chew the scenery with such gusto and glee since Pacino in Scent of a Woman:

jonbee

« Reply #95 on: 25 Jan 2015, 11:40 pm »
Lilyhammer with  Steven Van Zandt. Little Steven plays a mobster that goes to Norway under the witness protection program. Addictive black comedy series.
Yes, pretty entertaining. Sopranos lite, with a dose of Norwegian humor.

Chazro

« Reply #96 on: 3 Feb 2015, 09:37 pm »
Just saw 'Chef' on NF.  One of the better 'foodie' flicks I've seen, liked it a lot!  I'm 3 episodes into Peaky Blinders, I'd give it a 3 outta 5 so far.  Nowhere near Boardwalk Empire though!

WireNut

« Reply #97 on: 3 Feb 2015, 09:47 pm »
I came across Ice Road Truckers last night on netflix, a history channel show. These guy's are nuts driving 30-50 ton semi's on 350 miles of frozen lakes in Canada with only 3 feet of frozen ice between them and the water. What a difficult and dangerous job. You never know when the ice will break and your semi will plunge to the bottom. Insane.

They make about a $1000 a day if they make it. But only last for about 2 months out of the year until the lakes thaw out.

ajzepp

« Reply #98 on: 4 Feb 2015, 02:36 am »
Just saw 'Chef' on NF.  One of the better 'foodie' flicks I've seen, liked it a lot!  I'm 3 episodes into Peaky Blinders, I'd give it a 3 outta 5 so far.  Nowhere near Boardwalk Empire though!

I started watching it, but I just get so sick of these food shows and movies where people bite into something and then act like they're having an orgasm...faces and everything. I get it...it tastes good...but enough already.  :duh:

mcgsxr

« Reply #99 on: 4 Feb 2015, 01:18 pm »
I liked Chef a lot.  Seeing Leguizamo play a full length character is nice too (I enjoyed his cameo in John Wick) and it was a touching story about family, America, and of course food.