My new CAPS V2+ build; best digital I've heard

hum4god

Re: My new CAPS V2+ build; best digital I've heard
« Reply #100 on: 18 Nov 2012, 10:33 pm »
I am in Houston airport and coming back from week long travel, arriving midnight tonite.  I will chime in tmrw if this is still an issue.  Make sure power molex is attached to SotM card.  And makes rue m2tech driver is installed, probably in win7 compatibility mode.

thank you , that is much appreciated , i am right now on another run of uninstalling the drivers and it takes forever , something with the install device is not working properly , this should be done in less then a minute .
molex is attached to the sotm , i checked , i also plugged in a usb stick which showed up in the caps , so there is a connection and the usb out is not dead .
sorry but i do not understand what :

And makes rue m2tech driver is installed, probably in win7 compatibility mode.

means , could you elaborate ?

i will try one more thing and then i have to relax and see perhaps tomorrow things will work out ...

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #101 on: 18 Nov 2012, 10:40 pm »
Sorry, typing on iPad.  It should have said make sure m2tech driver is installed, and you might need to install it either in win7 compatibility mode, or maybe in safe mode called disable-digital-signature

hum4god

« Reply #102 on: 18 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm »
Sorry, typing on iPad.  It should have said make sure m2tech driver is installed, and you might need to install it either in win7 compatibility mode, or maybe in safe mode called disable-digital-signature

aha, there is something new i can try as soon as i understand what it means .....
in safe mode / disable digi sig do you mean like described here :
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/preinstallation-failed-please-run-setup-again-if-you-are-asked-confirm-installation-software-please-confirm-13783/

in win7 compatible mode , i have no idea how to do that .

hum4god

« Reply #103 on: 18 Nov 2012, 11:49 pm »
i tried one last time , uninstalled all the drivers , downloaded the evo drivers to the desktop , run them , installed , connected the evo and it shows up like this :

that looks good and should work , right ?   but it still does not show up in jriver .
so no sound .

if i go to driver details back in device manager it gives me the timer again and i have to restart the caps to get out of this .

i will take a break from this nightmare and revisit tomorow.

again thanks for everyone who tried to help , it is much appreciated

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: 19 Nov 2012, 12:16 am »
What is shown when you go to the lower right and right click on the speaker?  What devices show up in that window?

hum4god

« Reply #105 on: 19 Nov 2012, 05:01 pm »
What is shown when you go to the lower right and right click on the speaker?  What devices show up in that window?

i will look at that later today in the afternoon. and take a few more screen shots .

ted_b

• Volunteer

hum4god

« Reply #107 on: 19 Nov 2012, 09:18 pm »

it shows: Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
is this your last device that you ran on the caps ?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #108 on: 19 Nov 2012, 09:33 pm »
it shows: Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
is this your last device that you ran on the caps ?

No my last default was ODAC.

hum4god

« Reply #109 on: 19 Nov 2012, 09:46 pm »
No my last default was ODAC.

i have no idea what that is then , i might try to change it in the audio device settings ..

i tried running running the driver in win7 compatibility mode , well the caps took 5 min to restart and gave me this :

and more details:

hum4god

« Reply #110 on: 19 Nov 2012, 10:24 pm »
it seems that every time i look at the driver details for the hiface the caps locks up and needs a restart .
when i look at the driver for the HD Audio Device i can look up the details of the driver etc without any problems. i still don't know what that device is as it was installed before i got the caps :

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #111 on: 19 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm »
For reference in the thread that ted_b posted, I did the Windows 8 install for the M2Tech without seeing the pane that the thread posted about the Thesycon driver.   The M2Tech Evo version 1.03 driver always worked well with the motherboard USB driver.  This was with both the Windows 8 preview OS and the full version OS installs. 

Have you contacted the SoTM USB card folks about this issue to see if they have any suggestions?   

hum4god

« Reply #112 on: 19 Nov 2012, 10:46 pm »
For reference in the thread that ted_b posted, I did the Windows 8 install for the M2Tech without seeing the pane that the thread posted about the Thesycon driver.   The M2Tech Evo version 1.03 driver always worked well with the motherboard USB driver.  This was with both the Windows 8 preview OS and the full version OS installs. 

Have you contacted the SoTM USB card folks about this issue to see if they have any suggestions?

that's the thing , i got it to work with the motherboard usb outs too, no sweat .
but whenever i try to even download the driver w/ the evo connected to the sotm pcie card i get the 5 min restart and blue screen warning as posted above.
actually when i tried downloading the driver now it tells me that it loads properly but it does not show up in the programs .
i did talk to someone at sonore , Jesus , the only thing he suggested was try running the driver setup to disable driver signature inforcement which i tried without success . after that he suggested to try another dac.....

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #113 on: 19 Nov 2012, 11:08 pm »
Have you listened to the M2Tech Evo without the SoTM USB board?  The Evo is powered externally, not from the USB bus.   This solves most of the PC based USB power supply noise issues.  You might find it works very well without the SoTM board.

hum4god

« Reply #114 on: 20 Nov 2012, 01:47 am »
Halleluja , and I mean HALLELUJA !!!!!

i finally got sound from the sotm card . i uninstalled a TI driver from the sotm pcie  that Jason still had on there because it was needed to run his DAC . obviously not to run the evo , those guys were fighting ...
once uninstalled things seem to work as they should now , thanks for bearing w/ me , i got a little worried for a moment . thanks to everyone who chimed in and helped .

now i need to find out how to remote access the caps.

or perhaps i should just listen to some music now .

malcolm

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #115 on: 20 Nov 2012, 01:52 am »
Glad it's working!   :thumb:

How does it sound?   :green:

hum4god

« Reply #116 on: 20 Nov 2012, 04:39 pm »
the sound is great , i am very happy

next steps are:
 trying to optimize things , see how fidelizer works , load the full version of windows 8 , find a remote ....

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #117 on: 20 Nov 2012, 06:10 pm »
see how fidelizer works
It should be installed already you just need to start it. 

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #118 on: 20 Nov 2012, 06:26 pm »
JRiver support shows how you can use either a Iphone, Ipad, etc as a remote. 

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Remotes

Randy

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #119 on: 20 Nov 2012, 06:47 pm »
I do this:
1) find a good VNC app for your ipad or remote desktop (I use Splashtop; you can also simply use Remote Desktop from Windows) and install it on CAPS and wherever you are going to do headless maintenance

2) buy and install jremote on your ipad or ipod.  Follow jremote install instructions (which means having J River produce random media network key that you then copy to jremote setup).

2) find Windows Task Scheduler in Windows Control Panel (system admin) and schedule JRiver for like 4 minutes after start up (/Mediaserver is put in the argument, it makes J River come up as a background task, without GUI, but GUI is available) .

3) Restart CAPS and then fire up VNC.  Go to fidelizer (put it on desktop for easy access) and run it in audiophile mode.  It will finish in under 2 minutes (close stupid browser it opens after finishing); that way J River is not running when you fidelize.

4) Wait the extra couple of minutes.  J River will show in taskbar. 

You are ready for jremote to be used as your remote, and your CAPS will be fidelized.   :thumb: