What is the latest live performance you have attended?

Freo-1

Thought we should start a thread about what live classical music events you have attended.  Our audio systems will never quite sound like live events.

Just went to the RI philharmonic and was treated to Rachmaninoff's Piano concerto #3, followed by Braham's 1st Symphony.  Very enjoyable. 

Hard to beat a live performance, is it not?

Busekrus

Re: What is the latest live performance you have attended?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2016, 10:45 am »
This would surely not be considered true Classical Music, but last March I went to see Lindsey Stirling at The Fox in St. Louis.  This girl is awesomely talented.  Have you ever heard of her or listened to her vinyl recordings?  She has 2 LP's out and is working on a 3rd.
Scott

Todd_A

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2016, 06:42 pm »
The most recent live event for me was on the 12th, and it was a recital by the young pianist Joseph Moog.  Bach's Italian Concerto, Chopin's Third Sonata, and then Liszt's Two Legends, Jeux d'eau, and Hexameron.  Mr Moog is a young lion of the keyboard.  The Liszt was phenomenal.  Mr Moog also plays louder than any pianist I've heard in person, though his command is absolute and he never sounded hardy or bang-y.

I'm looking forward to a Murray Perahia recital next month.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2016, 10:50 pm »
Local symphony last month.  Rodrigo  Concierto Andeluz  for orchestra and 4 guitars.  Not as well known as his Concierto de Aranjuez but a high quality piece.  There is a fine recording of it on Mercury with the Romero family. 

Ericus Rex

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2016, 11:06 am »
Who was the piano soloist Freo?

Freo-1

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2016, 08:27 pm »
Who was the piano soloist Freo?

Alexander Toradze.  A fine performance it was, too.