Any other Duke Tumatoe fans???

Marbles

« on: 27 Jan 2005, 04:05 am »
That guy has been having fun for about 40 years....He's been on the Midwest cicuit forever...

"I like my job" is a great LP

Back in about 1980 I saw him at the Bluebird Cafe with a Lutheran Minister friend of my fathers and my father and a sister, the Ministers daughter and about 5 other people, I was on a fake ID.  That was in Bloomington, IN.  My sister and the Ministers daughter were going to IU with me at the time.  She was a typical Ministers daughter..never met a pill she didn't want to take and giving head was her thing....I digress...

The place was packed so the Minister would buy pitchers of beer for a table if they would give up a chair or two for us.  We ended up with enough chairs :wink:  He was a very cool Minister..turned out to be atheist..but I digress...

Duke was amazing back then in person.

I saw him about 2 years ago at an outdoor concert.  He always gets the crowd to participate.  He's still amazing.

Just put on the "I like My Job" LP (produced by John Fogerty) and I still dig his music.

If you can get that LP/CD do yourself a favor and "do it".

I hope a few others have seen him in concert, have heard of him, or have his LP's.

Music Maven

« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2005, 04:28 am »
Yes, I've heard of him, although haven't actually heard his music.

I recognized the name because of the John Fogerty connection- I'm a huge Fogerty fan.

I may be wrong, but I think this guy is the only other musician besides himself that Fogerty has ever produced for.

I'd glad you enjoy his music and that he's still around. If I'm not mistaken he must be well into his 60's by now?

Jerry

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2005, 04:33 am »
Quote from: Music Maven

I'd glad you enjoy his music and that he's still around. If I'm not mistaken he must be well into his 60's by now?

Jerry

He must be close to 60, he was a founding member of REO Speedwagon, but left them before they cut their first record.

I'm a Fogerty fan too...

Music Maven

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2005, 05:33 am »
Think of the fame he could have had if he stuck with REO a little longer...

But there are "lots" of lesser-known, lesser-commercialized musicians that do great work. Talent isn't just about what agent you have.

There's a country-rock guy named Jed Clampitt that has some CD's out. He's probably into his 60's by now...and he has a great voice, very smooth and deep, and great musicianship. He may never be on BILLBOARD'S charts but that doesn't mean he can't entertain!

Jerry

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2005, 09:02 am »
Found the link.... cd's and tour info...... :guitar:

Marbles

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2005, 01:26 pm »
WAY COOL,

They will be in my backyard tomorrow night and Saturday night :-)

Dr. Duke Tumatoe & The Power Trio Performance Calendar 2005
January

28. Friday- Strazlos, 5707 Coventry Lane, Ft. Wayne, IN 260-432-3008
29. Saturday- Martin's Tavern, 115 N. Randolph, Garrett, IN 260-357-4290

MaxCast

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2005, 01:49 pm »
He was a regular here in St. Joe, MI for many years.  I used to see him often when I did the bar scene.  Now I'm married with young kids....but I digress.... :P

Thanks for the link, wolfman!