Audio Federation's CEDIA 2007 Show Report

justacoder

Audio Federation's CEDIA 2007 Show Report
« on: 12 Sep 2007, 08:04 pm »
Hi Everybody,

CEDIA was last Thursday through Sunday here in Denver, and we went and took some photos. About half the show was dedicated to audio, though most of it on static display.

Maybe next year instead of an Amp Toss Competition they should have a Dead Component Drop off the top of the Convention Center? Then EVERYBODY could participate :-)

Oh, the show report is at:

http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2007/CEDIA2007/index.htm

Enjoy!
-Mike

jrebman

Re: Audio Federation's CEDIA 2007 Show Report
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2007, 08:11 pm »
Hey, what took so long getting this out? Hah- ha.  Glad things didn't turn out nearly as bad as they could have.

An amp toss?  Wonder if they timed that to coincide woith the Estes Highland festival -- you know, where all good Scotsmen get a good load of whiskey in them and start throwing telephone poles around :-)  Why not?

I'm kind of surprised that it was half audio this year -- maybe it's true that the HT thing is losing ground to audio again.

Thanks for the report, and see you soon.

-- Jim

justacoder

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2007, 03:55 pm »
Hi Jim,

Thanks, and ver-r-r-ry funny :-)

Yeah, they could of been a lot worse, though we are still kind of shell-shocked.

It makes sense that there is a lot of Audio at an Audio / Video conference, I guess. The (thick!) daily magazine they put out during the show is also full of audio. Alomst all second-tier high-end speaker manufacturers now have in-wall speakers for sale.

But... the 20 inch LG T.V. we kind of talk about in the report that has a wonderful picture, has AWFUL sound quality (one would have to use the headphone jack and route that to real speakers - and then it 'might' be acceptible).

There were a lot of exhibitors at the show whose business model seemed to be remedial sound design - i.e. like Rives but also selling and positioning equipment too, like amplifiers and speakers. I think maybe people are starting to notice how bad the sound quality is ...? At least we can hope so.

OK, take care, Jim,
Mike

TRM

« Reply #3 on: 2 Oct 2007, 07:13 pm »
thanks for sharing!  :thumb: