Poll

How much money do you plan to spend within the next 6 months directly related to RMAF 2012?  

$0-$50
29 (40.3%)
$51-$500
5 (6.9%)
$501-$1,000
4 (5.6%)
$1,001-$2,500
7 (9.7%)
$2,501-$5,000
7 (9.7%)
$5,001-$10,000
8 (11.1%)
$10,001-$20,000
6 (8.3%)
$20,000-$50,000
4 (5.6%)
$50,001-$100,000
0 (0%)
$100,001 +
2 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

RMAF 2012-How much money do you plan to spend on equipment? (Poll)

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
This should be interesting. 

You don't need to post what and or how much you plan on spending below if you wish not to.  Your result will be in the poll if you wish to keep your spending private which is understandable.

Remember, you only get one vote.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2012, 12:44 am by Pez »

Pez

Re: RMAF 2012-How much money did you spend on equipment? (Poll)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2012, 12:44 am »
Fun thread! Stickied!!! :thumb:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2012, 12:48 am »
hmmmmm....title is how much DID you spend, poll says how much do you PLAN TO spend - which did you want?

(I entered my response based upon the title, but saw the actual question just before I hit "submit vote")

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
So far, I'm envious of two people that seem to have between 20k and 50k "play money" to spend on audio stuff.
Well done men.  :lol:

Berto

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2012, 02:48 am »
hmmmmm....title is how much DID you spend, poll says how much do you PLAN TO spend - which did you want?

(I entered my response based upon the title, but saw the actual question just before I hit "submit vote")

ZACTLY...thread does not make much sense until the OP can clarify!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
RMAF 2012-How much money do you plan to spend on equipment?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
$0

Cuz with a $400/week pension, I'm left to be happy with what I bought when I was working & making the big buck (well at least it was a hellava lot more than the pension they're giving me after 35 years service).  :lol:

I'm more than happy with what I now have,,,, til Social Security kicks in next October. And even then, I'll be buying more music than I will be on actual audio equipment. Does a new computer qualify as it's my only source and mine's nearly 9 years old.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

mgalusha

I ran into my friend Chris from Teres Audio and as a result will end up with a new arm. ;-)

Opus Flatus

For me it is what do I wish I could spend my kids tuition on.

WGH

I'm using a 0% interest for 14 month credit card to fund an upgrade, it's like a layaway plan in reverse.

TomS

RMAF 2012-How much money do you plan to spend on equipment?
Oh, I thought you wanted "did"  :oops:

Let's see, a cartridge, maybe a DAC ... I wish  :thumb:

Pez

I thought 'did' as well. oops. Oh well.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Most of the coverage was for stuff well beyond my $$$ interest (after 40 years at this and still working).  Yes stupid big mortgage and kids in college, but regardless I just don't want to spend north of $10,000 USD on audio equipment.  I'm at about half that with a dedicated listening room and am quite satisfied.  I do wish more folks would focus between our A/C cheap and chearful circle range ($1,000 system) and $10,000 systems. 

jparkhur

These Audio Companies should have rent to own.... like check cashing on the corner...   

TomS

These Audio Companies should have rent to own.... like check cashing on the corner...
There was someone actually advertising leasing a while back  :o

SoCalWJS

Pre-purchased a demo piece, plus 2 cables at the show.

Want to take the plunge into digital storage (CD's and vinyl) at some point, so I spent a bunch of time looking and asking questions. The dollar figure for doing it's a bit scary at the moment though (A-D, software, D-A, computer, storage, and cables  :o)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Try here; http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=4154.0

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Another way to get those TAD's.   :green:  No worries, I'm not that guy.   :wink:

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Bought an Uberbus that was at the show.  Being shipped as I was not able to make it. 

Regards,

Randy

jimdgoulding

I might get a JoLida 9 phono pre.  Lookin at one for $430.00 with slight use, so I'm told.  Reputable dude, tho.  Got an itch to try those GIK diffusors used in the RMAF Oddessy (?) demo room along the side walls.  That's about it for me.