Where can I get one of these for my bike?

Don_S

Where can I get one of these for my bike?
« on: 27 Jun 2016, 05:07 pm »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/thermal-cameras-used-tour-stop-mechanical-doping-153636466--spt.html?ref=gs

Being my age I thought I had seen and heard almost everything.  Obviously I have not been keeping up with technology.  Hidden motors on bikes--I want one (or more).  :green: Wow, did you see that old dude on a recumbent smoke us!  :o :lol:

*Scotty*

Re: Where can I get one of these for my bike?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2016, 05:24 pm »
That old dude on the recumbent has as much as 30% less wind resistance to fight as you do. That is a hell of an advantage. The old dude on the recumbent doesn't need a motor to smoke your ass.
From Wiki  A recumbent holds the world speed record for a bicycle,[1] and they were banned from racing under the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) in 1934,[2] and now race under the banner of the Human Powered Vehicle Association (HPVA).
Scotty

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2016, 05:50 pm »
Scotty,

Not all recumbents are created equal.  Many weigh 50-100% more than a racing bike.  Not all recumbent riders are created equal either.

My post was confusing. I see that now.  That was supposed to be comments when I blew by young-legs on my secretly-motorized Bacchetta.

Don (A.K.A. Old Dude on a Recumbent)  :lol:

*Scotty*

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2016, 06:21 pm »
So when was the last time you were even close to being dropped by a conventional road bike?
Scotty

RPM123

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2016, 10:43 pm »
That old dude on the recumbent has as much as 30% less wind resistance to fight as you do. That is a hell of an advantage. The old dude on the recumbent doesn't need a motor to smoke your ass.
From Wiki  A recumbent holds the world speed record for a bicycle,[1] and they were banned from racing under the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) in 1934,[2] and now race under the banner of the Human Powered Vehicle Association (HPVA).
Scotty

That 30% less wind resistance will not be much help on a steep climb. I have ridden bikes for years and I have yet to be overtaken by a recumbent cyclist uphill or downhill, although they are not all that common where I ride. Years ago, I was riding across the Golden Gate Bridge with my then 10 year old nephew when a recumbent bike approached us from the opposite direction. My nephew had never seen one before and he turned to me and said; "what's wrong with that man Uncle Glenn, is he retarded?"  :lol: And I replied; "no it's just a recumbent bike and some people prefer them."